Author Topic: Glenn McGrath's new love.  (Read 2330 times)

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
Glenn McGrath's new love.
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:44:44 AM »

I caught this on the webs today and it was also all over the tv.
What is everybody's opinion of this. I myself, even though Jane McGrath dying was very tragic and sad, the man is trying to get on with his life, think that his charity needs to butt out. I thought they were rude.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/ex-cricketers-own-charity-asks-is-it-too-soon-for-glenn-mcgrath-and-sara-leonardi/story-e6fredpu-1225949816233?from=public_rss
Stewart/Colbert '16

Spoder

Re: Glenn McGrath's new love.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:36:38 AM »

'His life is moving on and we want to make sure people are comfortable'  ??? ??? ???

Why wouldn't they be?! His personal life affects them in no way at all. (Besides which, his wife died over two years ago; he's hardly rushed back onto the dating scene).

I agree with you. Rude.

JadeAngel

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »
It's nobodies business but their own... Glenn McGrath is entitled to a social life, a personal life, a private life in whatever form he would wish to have it, what I think, or anyone who is not directly connected with his family thinks, is completely irrelevant.

If Sara Leonardi makes him happy then I say good for him and case closed.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »
For the love of webfooted friends in the forest!

Why would it affect the public's view of the charity if he starts dating two years after his wife died? I think the charity's behavior is disgusting.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »
I would hope that two years after I died my husband would have someone else in his life to love and help raise my son. I hate to sound crass, but his wife died. He didn't. He has to go on and find some happiness for himself and his children. The charity needs to mind their own business and stop expecting him to be a martyr.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 01:40:17 PM »
I would hope that two years after I died my husband would have someone else in his life to love and help raise my son. I hate to sound crass, but his wife died. He didn't. He has to go on and find some happiness for himself and his children. The charity needs to mind their own business and stop expecting him to be a martyr.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Is he supposed to give up the rest of his life because his wife died?  I don't get it.  I'd hope Southern Honey would find someone if I died.  How lonely might it be if he didn't?

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »
It was 2008!!

I can understand if it was last month she died, but 2 years?

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Is he supposed to give up the rest of his life because his wife died?  I don't get it.  I'd hope Southern Honey would find someone if I died.  How lonely might it be if he didn't?

Clearly he's supposed to mourn like Queen Victoria (which A. is really unhealthy and B. she had "favorites" down the line who were probably not lovers but with whom she was emotionally envolved.)
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

SkyTalon

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »
The charity needs to mind their own business and stop expecting him to be a martyr.

This, I believe is the crux of the matter. It wouldn't surprise me (and I haven't read much of the article) that this is what the charity wants him to do. They may feel that him 'moving on' reduces their cause in some way, because he's no longer the morning man who lost his wife to an aberration (that is not a mind flayer).
This drill will open a hole in the universe!
And that hole will be a path for those behind us!
The dreams of those who've fallen!
The hopes of those who'll follow!
Those two sets of dreams weave together in a double helix!
Drilling a path towards tomorrow!

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 03:54:15 PM »

Absolutely. I feel the same way.
NE England

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 06:47:40 PM »
Shame on them.  Shame on the Charity and shame on the nosy busybody who is using this as a publicity stunt.  Leave that poor man and his family alone.

The comments on the article overwhelmingly agree that charity should be ashamed.
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 01:13:49 AM »
I'm not familiar with Glenn McGrath or his family but I agree his charity is being outrageous and very rude. I'm sure he loved his wife very much but it's been two years and his charity should butt out. I would hope if I was married and died that my wife would find someone else to share her life with eventually.

Ed.

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 03:26:12 AM »
McGrath didn't do any damage to the charity by being happy again, the charity did the damage all by itself.  They acted appallingly.

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »
Ironically, the Beatles song "Life Goes On" is playing at my house, as we speak. :-*

MaggieB

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 09:40:46 PM »
Well to be fair, the charity claims it is just asking whether this new relationship affects the public's opinion of the charity...which I guess could be important for them to know.  Maybe?   :-\

Even so I do think the charity is out of line.  They should be supporting McGrath publicly.  His wife died two years ago.  He is raising their children and devoting his time to a charity in her honor.  No one could say that he has forgotten about Jane.  If he has found another woman to help him in these endeavors, I wish them all the best.