Author Topic: Silence FTW!  (Read 3552 times)

Hanna

• Super Hero!
    • RumorsAboutMe
Silence FTW!
« on: January 04, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »
A man I had just met asked me a very rude personal question about my body.  I was actually on a date and suspect he was attempting to give me a comeuppance for not paying enough attention to his friend, my date, who at this point had disappeared from our table so many times I could not count them.  My date witnessed all of this and didn't say a word.  Though in his defense* I suspect those numerous trips to the bathroom left him unable to process what was happening around him.

It went like this:
Dude: <Rude and potentially embarrassing question about my body>
Hanna:  Stares blankly at him
Dude: Repeats rude question
Hanna:  Continues blank emotionless stare, perhaps small smirk appears
Dude:  "Why are you looking at me like that?"
Hanna:  Well what is it you expect when you ask a question like that?
Dude: Sulks away into the distance

It was so full of win.  I felt like I had transcended into the realm where I really grasped that there is no need to feel embarrassed or upset about someone else trying to humiliate you.  I knew it was only a reflection of him and so I just sat observing him like he was wildlife and I a zoologist.  

*Irony: I'm not a defender of drug abuse, which is what I suspect here. We won't be going out again.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:31:00 PM by Hanna »

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Silence FTW!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:54:18 PM »

Hanna:  Continues blank emotionless stare, perhaps small smirk appears

Love it. 
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

boxy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:59:30 PM »
Way cool!  Good job!!!!

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
That was so beautifully handled Hanna - good on you!!

It was so full of win.  I felt like I had transcended into the realm where I really grasped that there is no need to feel embarrassed or upset about someone else trying to humiliate you.  I knew it was only a reflection of him and so I just sat observing him like he was wildlife and I a zoologist. 

That is a great place to be.

irish1

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
Get you! And if he's wildlife, he's pretty low on the evolutionary tree too :) good job!