Author Topic: 'If you don't wear your wedding ring you are a woman of questionable character.'  (Read 27873 times)

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
No engagement ring and a plain band would probably be more admired because you wouldn't be flashy and showing off.

But the other half of humanity will constantly tell you that your DF/DH doesn't love you because he didn't buy you a humongous stone.

Lynnv

I wonder if a ring tattoo would substitute for an actual metal in preventing the release of the floozie pheromone.  And if it would, would one drawn on with an ink pen work just as well.  I would think that both would cover up the "ringless floozie pheromone" gland and prevent future bouts of floozieness, but as far as I know no actual scientific testing has been done on this theory.  Maybe we could get a grant.   :P

I think pen ink has metal in it, and I'm pretty sure tattoo ink does also. Just in case, I'd use a pencil -graphite - for extra protection.

If you do the experiment and research, let us know, please.

I wonder if it's the stone or lack thereof, though.  I'm thinking that since men's rings don't often have stones, and men are not floozies when they don't wear rings, then it must be the stone.  So women who have plain bands must be in trouble. 

See-this has items for study I had not thought of.  And I would hate to write a grant proposal that was too narrow and did not allow for expansion of the testing.  It is clearly an issue of national importance that requires a huge grant for study (I will humbly be willing to take a large salary to oversee the testing and release of the results).  I think we, at a minimum, need a huge lab, several bio-chemists and biologists along with their grad students, volunteers to oversee the floozie recovery clinic that we will be creating, and nice glossy brochures explaining our efforts to protect the public from the floozie epidemic and how we are working to curb the bands of men roving about, drawn in by the floozie pheromone.  Of course, we will need brave volunteers to allow us to test the floozie gland (either by going ringless or by removing their rings for short periods), along with a cross section of women who have tattooed rings, plastic rings, cigar band rings, and assorted other types of non-metallic rings in order to determine the best way to block the release of the floozie pheromone.  We will also need to do some testing to determine if the floozie gland comes online at puberty, or at a later age.  Also, at what age do boys start detecting and reacting to the floozie pheromone.  Gosh-this could be a lifetime of work (and I need a job right now).     ;)

Don't forget that in order to protect the general public, the facility would have to be in a very secure area so even if the test subjects escape, they wouldn't be able to get to populated areas. To make sure they don't even want to escape, the facility should be in a region with a nice climate. You know, like... the Caribbean... the Seychelles... something like that. ;)

Clearly I am going to need a few assistants from e-hell to help me administer the Floozy Testing and Rehabilitation facility that will (fully funded by government grants, of course) be starting any minute now.  How this problem has gone without a major research push until now is entirely beyond me, but that must be rectified.  And my giant salary will certainly be justified by the general improvement to the lives of the average person once the floozy gene is isolated, and the floozy effect is mitigated or even (dare we hope) eradicated. 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

bookworm317

• Proud child of the 80's
This just dawned on me, but: What happens if the woman doesn't have any hands?

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
This just dawned on me, but: What happens if the woman doesn't have any hands?
I had a lady in at work the other day that was missing most of her fingers, can't remember if she was wearing a wedding ring or not, but she mentioned a husband, so I know she was married.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
I wonder if a ring tattoo would substitute for an actual metal in preventing the release of the floozie pheromone.  And if it would, would one drawn on with an ink pen work just as well.  I would think that both would cover up the "ringless floozie pheromone" gland and prevent future bouts of floozieness, but as far as I know no actual scientific testing has been done on this theory.  Maybe we could get a grant.   :P

I think pen ink has metal in it, and I'm pretty sure tattoo ink does also. Just in case, I'd use a pencil -graphite - for extra protection.

If you do the experiment and research, let us know, please.

I wonder if it's the stone or lack thereof, though.  I'm thinking that since men's rings don't often have stones, and men are not floozies when they don't wear rings, then it must be the stone.  So women who have plain bands must be in trouble. 

See-this has items for study I had not thought of.  And I would hate to write a grant proposal that was too narrow and did not allow for expansion of the testing.  It is clearly an issue of national importance that requires a huge grant for study (I will humbly be willing to take a large salary to oversee the testing and release of the results).  I think we, at a minimum, need a huge lab, several bio-chemists and biologists along with their grad students, volunteers to oversee the floozie recovery clinic that we will be creating, and nice glossy brochures explaining our efforts to protect the public from the floozie epidemic and how we are working to curb the bands of men roving about, drawn in by the floozie pheromone.  Of course, we will need brave volunteers to allow us to test the floozie gland (either by going ringless or by removing their rings for short periods), along with a cross section of women who have tattooed rings, plastic rings, cigar band rings, and assorted other types of non-metallic rings in order to determine the best way to block the release of the floozie pheromone.  We will also need to do some testing to determine if the floozie gland comes online at puberty, or at a later age.  Also, at what age do boys start detecting and reacting to the floozie pheromone.  Gosh-this could be a lifetime of work (and I need a job right now).     ;)

Don't forget that in order to protect the general public, the facility would have to be in a very secure area so even if the test subjects escape, they wouldn't be able to get to populated areas. To make sure they don't even want to escape, the facility should be in a region with a nice climate. You know, like... the Caribbean... the Seychelles... something like that. ;)

Clearly I am going to need a few assistants from e-hell to help me administer the Floozy Testing and Rehabilitation facility that will (fully funded by government grants, of course) be starting any minute now.  How this problem has gone without a major research push until now is entirely beyond me, but that must be rectified.  And my giant salary will certainly be justified by the general improvement to the lives of the average person once the floozy gene is isolated, and the floozy effect is mitigated or even (dare we hope) eradicated. 

Young men all around the world protest at this goal.