Author Topic: New Ehell Service Project! Hats/mittens for orphans. Craft or BUY!  (Read 2156 times)

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
Want to knit or crochet or sew some warm hats and scarves for children?  Or if you aren't the crafty type, want to buy a set of hat and mittens or donate money so we can buy them for you to give? 

Rancho 3M is an orphanage in Mexico just outside of Juarez.  Juarez is the deadliest city in Mexico with drug cartel violence.  Some of these children are true orphans who witnessed one or both parents killed brutally.  Others parents are drug addicts, prostitutes or in prison.   Friends of mine live and work in the orphanage and I have made arrangements for Ehellions to donate hat and scarf or hat and mittens set for each child.   I'm told it gets very cold in the winter down there so the idea of a gift of warm hats and scarf/mittens was received with a lot of enthusiasm.

Check out the "Extending the hand of kindness" folder and its RANCHO 3M subfolder for more information and instructions on how to donate.  I can match you up to a specific child with their favorite color.

Closing date for this project is December 15, 2010.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:00:29 AM by Ehelldame »

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Re: New Ehell Service Project! Calling all crafters and seamters!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
I don't sew or do any great crafts (I so want to learn to knit, because of things just like this. But, alas, my hands can't seem to do the motions right). Are there ways those of us who are untalented in that area can help? This story breaks my heart. :(

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »
I would like to help, but I don't knit or crochet.  I am willing to purchase yarn and ship it to any other Ehellion who is willing to make the pieces.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:03:42 AM »
I would like to help, but I don't knit or crochet.  I am willing to purchase yarn and ship it to any other Ehellion who is willing to make the pieces.

Dotty and Keany, I've added the options to either buy a hat/mitten set or donate money for my crew to buy, wrap and ship. 

So, check out the instructions in the RANCHO 3M sub folder in "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder.  PM me for specific instructions as to where to send donations. 

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: New Ehell Service Project! Hats/mittens for orphans. Craft or BUY!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
Thanks!  I'm glad to be able to participate.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC