Author Topic: Princess party for 7 year old  (Read 5886 times)

MrsO

• Super Hero!
Princess party for 7 year old
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:35:45 AM »
Hi, I need some party game ideas!
We're throwing a princess themed party for LittleO1, who will be 7 in december. While the theme is princesses, any suggestions for age appropriate party games are welcome (nothing to complicated though!).
There will be about 10 girls in total.

So far we have 'Sleeping Beauties' (sort of like musical bumps, only when the music stops, they have to fall to the floor and be asleep).

Pass the poison apple- if the music stops and you're holding the poison apple, you're out. Last girl in wins a prize

and pin the crown (or glass slipper) on the princess. Like pin the tail on the donkey.

Thanks in advance!

sweetgirl

Re: Princess party for 7 year old
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
Not really a game,but maybe you could have a lucky dip? You could have do up a treasure chest and have the girls pick a prize when they win a game,or even as an added bonus? Maybe a scavenger hunt to find the treasure chest?

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »
Ever played 'Flip the Kipper'? Each person has a simple flat fishy shape cut out of tissue paper, and a folded-up newspaper. Place kipper on floor, whack the floor behind one's fish with the newspaper to make it move, and race them.

To keep it in the princess-y theme, cut an oval-ish shoe shape, and tada...

...'Flip the [Glass] Slipper'! ;D

Warning: Conditional on your being amenable to the prospect of ten shrieking girls careening about the place whilst flailing wadded newspaper. Protective clothing and padding are strongly advised. Tactical use of the elbows is encouraged only in the premier competitive league, and prohibited for amateur fixtures. Ferrets accepts no responsibility for the breaking of bones/ornaments/eardrums/sanity. Your kipper may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your newspaper.

Rohanna

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 11:13:15 AM »
Can you find dollar store crowns or tiaras (or cut them out of craft store construction foam), a bunch of crafting "gems" and ribbons  and have a craft event where you decorate your own crown/tiara? You'll need to man the glue gun unless you can get a couple of the no-burn ones. In my experience little girls tend to love "bling" :)

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
Hahah Ferrets that made me laugh so much! Sounds like a game they'd enjoy, though. Sweetgirl, I'll use the treasure chest ideao for when they choose their prizes.

Shu, I did consider that, but honestly the prospect of cleaning up after ten girls have been making stuff with glue, glitter, feathers etc makes me want to cry :P .

Aggiesque

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »
They could also decorate tiaras with stickers/sticker beads, if you like the idea, and that's not as messy.

Sounds like a fun time, good luck!
Aggie

My favorite blog, which discusses personal finance: http://www.opinmoney.blogspot.com/

AdakAK

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
They even make stick on gems.  Just peel & stick. 

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 06:10:09 PM »
you could do "make your own crown" with only peel-and-stick gems.

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 05:53:30 AM »
Peel and stick gems- why didn't I think of that? *runs off to look on ebay for supplies*

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 07:52:18 AM »
Ask girls to come over dressed as princesses.  You might want to run to the thrift store and pick up a few fancy dresses for girls who don't happen to have anything lying around.  Let them decorate their own tiaras.  Buy some inexpensive picture frames and let them decorate those as well.  Pose them in their tiaras, take a picture, print it out on your computer, stick it in the frame, and voila!  You have a party favor.

sweetgirl

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »
go to burger king and steal ask if you can some of their crowns and spray paint them silver or gold and then the first thing they can do when they get there is make their crowns for the day. That'd take 30 mins atleast.

photochick

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
What about make your own necklace and bracelets. Some string and some beads, glittery and girl colors and all they have to do is string them on and you tie the ends.

TheWeirdOne

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 08:04:17 PM »
Depending on how much mess you want to clean up, they could do cupcake decorating. Get some cupcakes, icing, sprinkles and lollies set up (outside for preference) and let them have fun.

Also, if you need something to keep them occupied while you're setting up the next game, either make or buy something for them to make bubbles with. Kids love bubbles. Adults too, come to that.

Might also be an idea to have some basic first aid stuff and a box of tissues handy just in case of knee grazes or the like.

Ms_Shell

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
Ask girls to come over dressed as princesses.  You might want to run to the thrift store and pick up a few fancy dresses for girls who don't happen to have anything lying around.  Let them decorate their own tiaras.  Buy some inexpensive picture frames and let them decorate those as well.  Pose them in their tiaras, take a picture, print it out on your computer, stick it in the frame, and voila!  You have a party favor.

Ooh, a princess fashion show!  That sounds like a lot of fun.
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker