News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 07:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Princess party for 7 year old  (Read 9702 times)

katycoo

Re: Princess party for 7 year old
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »
Remember those pointy hats with the long drape of fabric coming down from the top that cartoon princesses all used to wear?

What if you make some of these from plain carboard and let the girls decorate their own princess hat at a craft table?

Bob Ducca

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »
Princess bingo cards might be a good back-up or time filler game if something doesn't work out, etc.  You would just make a bingo card with little pictures of the princesses (and other characters, like Fairy Godmother, Genie, Mrs. Potts, etc.) and play bingo.  Have a little grab-bag of prizes for them when they win, and play until they all have a bingo.

Peggy Gus

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »
Peel and stick gems- why didn't I think of that? *runs off to look on ebay for supplies*

Do you get the "Oriental Trading" catalog, they have foam crown that they can decorate and I saw self adhesive jewels- 500 for $7.99.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=11&mode=Browsing&cm_sp=Cross%20Sell-_-Product%20Detail-_-Product%20Detail&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&xsaleSku=57/6026&sku=57/2412

bopper

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
There is a board game called "pretty pretty princess"...that might be a good gift or a game to play at the party.

M-theory

• cybernetic loving
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »
There is a board game called "pretty pretty princess"...that might be a good gift or a game to play at the party.

I loved that game as a little girl. I kind of wish I still had my old set. I remember it being for four players, though.

zombiesneedfood

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 09:15:55 AM »
Ferret, I <3 you.  :-*
I usually try to do a small craft at parties, usually at the beginning when guests are arriving so that they have something to do besides run around and shriek. I always have a few that I keep unmade and bagged up in case we have a late arrival who can't make the craft, then he/she can just take it home at the end. Peel and stick gems are your friends!  ;D

MrsO

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 03:39:35 AM »
Thanks! So many great ideas! I'm definitely going to get some stick on gems and crowns/hats or something, my daughter LOVES to make stuff.

Hushabye

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »
Thanks! So many great ideas! I'm definitely going to get some stick on gems and crowns/hats or something, my daughter LOVES to make stuff.

You can get the Burger King crowns basically for free, turn them inside out/paint them, and use those.  We did that in high school.  I think I still have mine somewhere...