Author Topic: You don't live your life like mine! Here, have an assumption...  (Read 13048 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: You don't live your life like mine! Here, have an assumption...
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2010, 08:23:11 AM »
My theory is that CW's horrible personality has been sending men running for the hills, so she now hates them all, along with any woman who appears to have a stable, loving rel@tionship. Because it's just not faaaaiiiiiir that Nellop can hold a man and she can't.

I knew a girl in college who was very bitter towards men, and really just had a sour and negative attitude towards everyone and everything, and quickly developed herself a reputation as a man-hater.   She was on the same floor and in the same suite (5 double rooms that shared a bathroom) so we did interact, and she wasn't as vile as the evil coworker in the op.   So I let it slip that I was planning on waiting till I got married.

When I announced I was engaged at 19 to now DH (of 10 yrs!) she waited till he was out of the room to say "He's just doing that so he can sleep with you."  ::)  I decided right then and there I wasn't telling her any more personal stuff.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2010, 10:00:23 AM »
Nellop--good for you.  You have aleady learned many important life and work lessons, and your soon-to-be-DH will enjoy having a strong woman by his side.
Happy Nuptuals!!

I am proud of you.   :)
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

mimi-coyote

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2011, 03:04:20 AM »
Congrats on sticking to your guns. My DH and I were in the same situation - we are your age and we were living at home until marriage, not having s*e*x until marriage, etc, so I get your dilemma. Sorry you're getting all this flack!

She could be the type of person who feels sorry for your 'old-fashioned-ness' and is trying to convert you to a 'freer' and 'better' (to her) way of life. Of course she is trodding all over your beliefs as she does so.

Next time it comes up, I wouldn't bean dip anymore. I'd be straight up: "I know I've shared a lot with you in the past, but our conversations have become too personal and are making me uncomfortable. I'm not interested in discussing this any further. I know you'll understand!" (Said cheerily.

And the next time it comes up, cut her off in a similar fashion (politely): "Oh, remember, I want to keep our conversation appropriate and work-related! Anyway..." then comes ye olde bean dip.

Maybe it'll work... You definitely want to stop it now, though, because it won't end after you get married. She'll just move on to talking about your married s*e*x life and how her suggestions can improve it! Yikes!
 (BTW, loved your post title. Made me giggle.)