Author Topic: Name Calling  (Read 7827 times)

Skoffin

• I am not a fish
  • The greatest Skoffin that ever Skoffed
Re: Name Calling
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »
I don't see a difference between the terms SS and DQ.

I don't see much difference between posters here and the people in the stories. Either way you're talking about a real person. Whether it's okay to use the terms for certain situations isn't really relevant to me, but in either scenario it's still the same.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 04:22:22 PM »

LOL!  I was trying to figure out how DQ got into the thread!  Then, I realized you were talking about a drama queen.

Although, come to think of it, DQ WAS a DQ, so I guess that's a moot point! :D

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »

LOL!  I was trying to figure out how DQ got into the thread!  Then, I realized you were talking about a drama queen.

Although, come to think of it, DQ WAS a DQ, so I guess that's a moot point! :D

I thought the same thing. I wonder how the Dresser Queen is doing. Ah well. She moved away. LOL!
No matter where you go, there you are...

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 04:39:42 PM »

LOL!  I was trying to figure out how DQ got into the thread!  

I thought the same thing.  LOL!

Make it a triple.  LOL

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Skoffin

• I am not a fish
  • The greatest Skoffin that ever Skoffed
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »
Now I'm the confused one. XD what's the dresser queen?

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »

She was a former neighbor of NOVA Lady (Marina's) who drove her crazy with unreasonable demands and broke her property.  IIRC (I may not) I think that she kicked up a drama when someone was moving a dresser in their apartment complex.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »

She was a former neighbor of NOVA Lady (Marina's) who drove her crazy with unreasonable demands and broke her property.  IIRC (I may not) I think that she kicked up a drama when someone was moving a dresser in their apartment complex.

Didn't she get that name because she had like 15 dressers all over Marina's parking place/garage when she was moving in?

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »

Didn't she get that name because she had like 15 dressers all over Marina's parking place/garage when she was moving in?

That might be right too.  It's been a while, so the details are fuzzy.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »

That might be right too.  It's been a while, so the details are fuzzy.

I've been needing an excuse to go brush up on my Dresser Queen.  Skoffin, if you do a search on that, there's entertainment to be had!

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 07:43:35 PM »
Here's how I feel about it: If someone is posting about someone who did something rude and someone responds with "Oh, (that person who did that rude thing to you is) such a special snowflake!" or "What a jerk!" (keeping it within the bounds of the filter, of course) I'm okay with that.

On the other hand, let's say something like this happens:

OP: "This rude thing happened to me the other day. Here's the story..."
P: "Oh, my heck. You are such a drama queen. Stop being such a Special Snowflake!"

This is NOT okay. We post on here all the time about other people. It's kind of the point of the website. It's how EtiquetteHell started... We also post about them in a way that there is pretty much no way that they could know that the story is about them, I would hope. But when posters start calling *each other* names is when it becomes so very much not okay.

Edited to add a stray word. I don't know how it got away.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:47:14 PM by Ticia »
Utah

Ms_Shell

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »
I agree with the previous posters.  I think the point here is to not call *each other* names.  That's one of the reasons I like this forum so much - on other forums I've been to, nearly every thread devolved into a flame war.  I quite appreciate a forum that has no trolls that I've seen so far, and I would stop coming to a site in which the posters were regularly being insulted by each other.

OTOH, sometimes you just need an adjective to describe someone's behavior, and the above terms work for me - call it verbal shorthand, if you will. 
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker