Author Topic: Kate & William  (Read 10486 times)

Carnation

• Super Hero!
Kate & William
« on: November 16, 2010, 10:21:28 AM »
Kate Middleton and Prince William are engaged. :D

They graciously planned a 2011 wedding date, to avoid interfering with the London Summer Olympics and the queen's Diamond Jubilee.

****taps foot while waiting for invitation ::)****

Scuba_Dog

Re: Kate & William
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:01 AM »
It's nice to see him look so happy.  I wish the best for them, they're a lovely couple.
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:29:32 AM »
I am very happy for them.  Kate Middleton is so gorgeous and wholesome looking.  I think she goes well with Prince William!  And they seem to be very much in love, which was what William's parents' marriage was lacking.  Here's hoping they live a long and happy life together.

PurpleFrog

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
I suppose they had to announce it after the mint leaked the coin design. Lol

I think it should be fun to watch. I bet the dress will be stunning.

Carnation, what are you wearing, it'd be so embarrassing if in the same outfit.we turned up
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Isisnin

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »
Remember, don't wear white to a wedding - it upstages the bride.   (...unless you're Grace Kelly)

AdakAK

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »
I am really happy for them.  It makes me sad that his mother isn't here to see it. 

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 01:35:16 PM »

Carnation, what are you wearing, it'd be so embarrassing if in the same outfit.we turned up

I was going to wear this.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/20/article-1036749-0204C91600000578-977_224x538.jpg

Judah

• California, U.S.A
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/20/article-1036749-0204C91600000578-977_224x538.jpg

I love the British custom of wearing hats to weddings.  That's all I'm gonna say.
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

Nellop

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
I was overly happy at this news - weddings make me squee. Can't wait to see the dress!
Diana's was as long as a bus!

Now to break the news to my friend, who is about to have her dreams of marrying said Prince dashed to the ground...
I tell funny stories and draw terrible drawings:

http://exacerbationofthesituation.blogspot.com

PurpleFrog

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 05:52:19 PM »

Gorgeous, and perfect as I was thinking of this:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/topsyturvydesign/victorian-top-hat---the-eve.jpg
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 06:43:16 PM »
I found it interesting that he gave her his mom's engagement ring.  There seems to be so much hostory behind that, i'm not sure that in general I'd be thrilled as a bride to be to get an engagement ring connected with a marriage that had that much turmoil and ended in divorce.

Bluenomi

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »
I found it interesting that he gave her his mom's engagement ring.  There seems to be so much hostory behind that, i'm not sure that in general I'd be thrilled as a bride to be to get an engagement ring connected with a marriage that had that much turmoil and ended in divorce.
It wouldn't both me, it such a beautiful ring, I looooove saphires

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 07:01:55 PM »
If the ring was several generations removed I don't think it would bother me but since it belonged to his mom I think I would be a bit confused as to what meaning and memories he connected to the riing.

Paper Roses

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
Apparently there's quite a lot of buzz about the ring going on. 

Honestly, in Kate's place right now, I would be unbelievably honored to have been given that engagement ring.  One thing there was never any doubt about was Diana's devotion to her sons, and their adoration for her.  For William to give Kate that ring says, to me, that he holds her in just as high esteem as he did his mother, and I think that's wonderful.

I guess what I'm saying is, I think it should be viewed in terms of its meaning and importance to William, rather than what it may or may not signify to the general public.

Also, regardless of what happened in their marriage, I think it's safe to say that when Diana received the ring, it made her very happy, and this is a way for Kate and William to share that happiness and, hopefully, continue it. 
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

MaggieB

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
Apparently there's quite a lot of buzz about the ring going on. 

Honestly, in Kate's place right now, I would be unbelievably honored to have been given that engagement ring.  One thing there was never any doubt about was Diana's devotion to her sons, and their adoration for her.  For William to give Kate that ring says, to me, that he holds her in just as high esteem as he did his mother, and I think that's wonderful.

I guess what I'm saying is, I think it should be viewed in terms of its meaning and importance to William, rather than what it may or may not signify to the general public.

Also, regardless of what happened in their marriage, I think it's safe to say that when Diana received the ring, it made her very happy, and this is a way for Kate and William to share that happiness and, hopefully, continue it. 

I totally agree.

Charles and Diana may not have had a fairy tale ending, but they're his parents and he loves them and presumably has happy memories of their time together.  The ring likely isn't a symbol of the relationship's failure for William.  If I were Kate, I'd be honored to be given anything that belonged to Diana.