News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 31, 2015, 05:57:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dublin airport info?  (Read 998 times)

Redsoil

Re: Dublin airport info?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 01:04:18 AM »
Thank you all so much for your good advice!  I'll be over there in July, and thought it'll be "summer", I'm a cold frog - I'll definitely be bringing jackets and warmer clothes!  (Debated as to whether I should bring my electric vest, just in case.)

Thank you ellasaunt - that's a lovely offer.  Always useful to have a local perspective!

Eve - if you're visiting Australia and consider 28 degrees hot (CRUD MONKEYS!!), then depending on where you're planning to travel in Australia, perhaps our winter might be better for you?  I'd say July for you, from the sound of it!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

CaffeineKatie

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 10:00:27 PM »
Not to hijack, but I'd like to add a bit about clothing.  I'm ALWAYS hot, but I remember standing near the coast in Donegal wearing a turtleneck, wool sweater and windbreaker (nylon shell to block the wind) in June and I was still chilly.  Layers are your friend! (And I found some really nice sweaters in charity shops, in case you want to buy/wear/donate to avoid lots of luggage)  Hope you have a wonderful time--I love Ireland!

Fi

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 09:52:58 AM »
Not to hijack, but I'd like to add a bit about clothing.  I'm ALWAYS hot, but I remember standing near the coast in Donegal wearing a turtleneck, wool sweater and windbreaker (nylon shell to block the wind) in June and I was still chilly.  Layers are your friend! (And I found some really nice sweaters in charity shops, in case you want to buy/wear/donate to avoid lots of luggage)  Hope you have a wonderful time--I love Ireland!

I have some great thermal camisoles from Uniqlo. They fold up into virtually nothing, so in summer I often tuck one in my bag when I know I'm going to be out late and the temperature drop. A quick visit to the ladies and I'm so much warmer.

90% of your heating needs will be provided by something windproof, if you're in the countryside or on the beach though. Windproof *and* waterproof, since this is Ireland and a waterproof with a hood is always a good idea.

Also, I find that if I pack one, 90% of the time, the weather spites me by being lovely!