News:

• April 25, 2018, 03:43:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brooklyn  (Read 284 times)

velly j

Brooklyn
« on: April 05, 2018, 02:09:45 PM »

So, I would really like to visit NYC sometime this year. I have a milestone birthday coming up and would like to go somewhere special. I have heard great things about Brooklyn, as opposed to Manhattan. Where in New York would you all recommend, to stay, to eat, etc?

lowspark

Re: Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:39:53 PM »

So, I would really like to visit NYC sometime this year. I have a milestone birthday coming up and would like to go somewhere special. I have heard great things about Brooklyn, as opposed to Manhattan. Where in New York would you all recommend, to stay, to eat, etc?

It really depends on what you want to do. If you're going to do the major touristy stuff, the bulk of that is in Manhattan. Broadway, Times Square, Central Park, Empire State building, boat to Statue of Liberty, MOMA, etc.

There are definitely some fun things going on in Brooklyn, and some in Queens as well. I think there was a thread about this not too long ago. So you can certainly keep busy in Brooklyn if you do stay there. Just be aware that it would be time consuming to go back and forth to Manhattan if you're staying in Brooklyn.

If you stay in Brooklyn for the bulk of your visit, and just trek into Manhattan once or twice, you'll be fine. But if you really want to do a lot of stuff in Manhattan, you're better off staying there.
Houston 
Texas 
USA