Author Topic: Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange  (Read 268184 times)

Betelnut

Re: Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange
« Reply #3975 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »
At 271 pages big, it seems to me that this topic needs to become its own folder with sub folders.  Suggestions for sub folders before I make this happen?

How about continents/large cultural areas? USA, Europe, Britain, North/South Asia, Australia & NZ & Pacific.

But the whole point of the thread to to learn about other cultures and the differences.  It just seems odd to split it like that.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #3976 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:51 AM »
At 271 pages big, it seems to me that this topic needs to become its own folder with sub folders.  Suggestions for sub folders before I make this happen?

How about continents/large cultural areas? USA, Europe, Britain, North/South Asia, Australia & NZ & Pacific.

But the whole point of the thread to to learn about other cultures and the differences.  It just seems odd to split it like that.

Subjexts: food, vocabulary, etc would work better.

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #3977 on: July 13, 2011, 08:54:41 AM »

I don't think it needs subfolders right away.

I really like the idea of an "International Understanding" (or whatever) folder but I agree that sub-folders may not be necessary yet.  If you do add folders, I wouldn't do it by country/continent but by topic (i.e., family, work, everyday life, etc.).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raised on the East Coast,
living in the Mid-West.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3978 on: July 13, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
I agree that subfolders aren't really needed, but if it happens, do it by topics, not geography. Food, wedding customs, education and the like are what I mean.

Comparisons will be much easier.