Author Topic: Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange  (Read 270136 times)

Betelnut

Re: Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange
« Reply #3975 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »
At 271 pages big, it seems to me that this topic needs to become its own folder with sub folders.  Suggestions for sub folders before I make this happen?

How about continents/large cultural areas? USA, Europe, Britain, North/South Asia, Australia & NZ & Pacific.

But the whole point of the thread to to learn about other cultures and the differences.  It just seems odd to split it like that.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #3976 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:51 AM »
At 271 pages big, it seems to me that this topic needs to become its own folder with sub folders.  Suggestions for sub folders before I make this happen?

How about continents/large cultural areas? USA, Europe, Britain, North/South Asia, Australia & NZ & Pacific.

But the whole point of the thread to to learn about other cultures and the differences.  It just seems odd to split it like that.

Subjexts: food, vocabulary, etc would work better.

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #3977 on: July 13, 2011, 08:54:41 AM »

I don't think it needs subfolders right away.

I really like the idea of an "International Understanding" (or whatever) folder but I agree that sub-folders may not be necessary yet.  If you do add folders, I wouldn't do it by country/continent but by topic (i.e., family, work, everyday life, etc.).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raised on the East Coast,
living in the Mid-West.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3978 on: July 13, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
I agree that subfolders aren't really needed, but if it happens, do it by topics, not geography. Food, wedding customs, education and the like are what I mean.

Comparisons will be much easier.