Author Topic: Dakota Fanning Crowned Homecoming Queen. Twice.  (Read 3868 times)

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
Re: Dakota Fanning Crowned Homecoming Queen. Twice.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »
My high school had a policy that students could only be nominated or elected prom or homecoming royalty only once in their schooling, that was it. I understand why they did that, but then students don't really get to vote for whom they truly want - just who's left.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 03:37:22 PM »
Kingrings, what an odd rule! So someone who was popular freshman year might tactically decline royalty so he/she could be crowned senior year?

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 03:03:11 PM »
I have no idea if they could have declined the honor if they wanted to, that's an interesting twist to it. I wonder what the school would have said? I mean, they had better hope that they would still be just a popular in four years if they were gonna do that!

MissRose

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 09:39:28 AM »
At my school, only senior girls (at most 10 or 12) were chosen for homecoming court and the one with most votes, the queen crowned at the football game.  At least 3 or 4 of them were cheerleaders, several were on the pompon squad.  All of them were in the upper echelon of popularity & looks in my school, no one from any other groups in school got chosen for the court.

My sister's school: 2 or 3 girls per class year for the court as princesses + 4 or 5 senior girls, and then a senior with most votes became the queen.

Even if Dakota was not famous, she has the looks and school involvement, and certainly the popularity by being a cheerleader to become homecoming queen. 

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
I thought Dakota Fanning was about 10. Wha?
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

Granny Takes a Trip

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 12:10:40 PM »
I thought Dakota Fanning was about 10. Wha?

LOL! I feel that way as well-it only seems weeks ago since I saw 'Man on fire'.
I have a thousand parents. Sadly they
Dissolve in their own virtues and recede.