Author Topic: Post Secret  (Read 7292 times)

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
Re: Post Secret
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 12:50:18 PM »
Oh, that's interesting!

I still think I would have totally ignored it, if I was any one of them. Or contacted the other 6 'suspects' first and all agreed to stay silent.

ITA.  True or not, they're just feeding the drama llama.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Jan74

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 04:25:48 PM »
The beauty of this accusation is that their denial means nothing, as the alleged baby mama says she never told the father she became pregnant. So short of any of these men claiming to never have had sex with any woman, ever, the denial does nothing.

So, well played, poster of this secret, well played.

Ponytail_Palm

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
Although it is possible that none of the men have had a one-night stand. And if they never had a one-night stand I imagine they remember the names of all the women they've slept with. The author of the postcard claims that the father of her child probably doesn't remember her name...

Jan74

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Well, she didn't say it was a one-night stand necessarily, we inferred it. There is nothing to say for example she wasn't one of those guys girlfriend during a summer vacation before they were famous, in the case of the very young actor ("little girl" could apply to a child as old as 8-9 now, easily). And you often don't remember the names of people you dated for a few weeks 10 years ago, even if they were not one-night stands.

I personally think she made it up, and was brilliant in her ploy.

KimberlyRose

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2010, 09:37:33 PM »
Actually all I get out of this is 'he can't remember my name' but I can't remember which if these guys it was, so I put them all on the postcard  >:D

Yeah, that was my first thought: "it's one of these guys, but I'm not sure which."

I agree with posters that calling her a tramp is a little harsh, but claiming to have had a one night stand/fling involving unprotected sex with someone who doesn't even know/care who she is doesn't put the person very high up on the good judgment scale.  And if it's not true (which I very much doubt it is), she's a pretty vile person for her rumormongering.

Calypso

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
[ , but claiming to have had a one night stand/fling involving unprotected sex with someone who doesn't even know/care who she is doesn't put the person very high up on the good judgment scale.  And if it's not true (which I very much doubt it is), she's a pretty vile person for her rumormongering.

I think she's a vile person, period. If it's true (and I'm sure it is not), she's a thoughtless idiot who doesn't mind lying about 6 men. If it's not true, she's a thoughtless idiot who doesn't mind lying about 7 men and who, in fact, thinks it's funny.

I just really really hope whoever this is doesn't actually have any children, because he or she certainly doesn't  have any class or judgement.

kglory

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 02:24:13 AM »
[ , but claiming to have had a one night stand/fling involving unprotected sex with someone who doesn't even know/care who she is doesn't put the person very high up on the good judgment scale.  And if it's not true (which I very much doubt it is), she's a pretty vile person for her rumormongering.

I think she's a vile person, period. If it's true (and I'm sure it is not), she's a thoughtless idiot who doesn't mind lying about 6 men. If it's not true, she's a thoughtless idiot who doesn't mind lying about 7 men and who, in fact, thinks it's funny.

POD!  And let me add, if it is true, who also doesn't care about her child.  These 7 men are rich and famous.  If one of them is the father, why does she not pursue child support, at least for her child's sake? 

The fact that she doesn't do this, instead preferring to stir speculative drama, leads me to believe it's fake.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 07:31:40 AM »
[ , but claiming to have had a one night stand/fling involving unprotected sex with someone who doesn't even know/care who she is doesn't put the person very high up on the good judgment scale.  And if it's not true (which I very much doubt it is), she's a pretty vile person for her rumormongering.

POD!  And let me add, if it is true, who also doesn't care about her child.  These 7 men are rich and famous.  If one of them is the father, why does she not pursue child support, at least for her child's sake? 

The fact that she doesn't do this, instead preferring to stir speculative drama, leads me to believe it's fake.

Regardless of the "father's" wealth, the child has a right to a father and the father to the daughter.

Vile woman.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 08:13:26 AM »
Does anyone remember a few years ago a woman came out in public saying her adult daughter was the result of a one-night stand with Paul McCartney?

Sir Paul, who wasn't willing to rule out such a thing happening 22 years earlier, was actually quite willing to "do the right thing" for her and her daughter, but did insist on a paternity test first. And it turns out, Daughter had absolutely no connection with him at all.

The daughter was quite surprised. She said her mother had *always* insisted he was her father. So, sometimes it's just pure delusion on the mother's part.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Jan74

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »
Twik, I've heard that because some women are ashamed of not knowing the father of a child/have that  father not acknowledge that child, they become truly convinced that a famous person is the father. I think these delusions are different from the average woman with a baby asking for a DNA test, as they tend not to try to pursue money. It is sad, and they need mental help.

Wavicle

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
I don't really take it as accusing all of them, since we know 6 aren't the father you can't really assume any one of them could be. But that's just me, and I get how it can be seen as accusing all of them.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
Twik, I've heard that because some women are ashamed of not knowing the father of a child/have that  father not acknowledge that child, they become truly convinced that a famous person is the father. I think these delusions are different from the average woman with a baby asking for a DNA test, as they tend not to try to pursue money. It is sad, and they need mental help.

I'm not sure if they're ashamed of not knowing the father, or just the sort who live in fantasy worlds where "Paul the auto mechanic isn't special enough to be my wonderful child's father - no! It's Paul McCartney!"

I would be much less suspicious of a woman saying "Celebrity X is the father, and I want a paternity test," than "One of these celebrities is the father! No, I'm not going to approach him for child support or anything - I'm above that. But I'll let you have fun guessing who it is!" Among other things, it sounds like, to her, the (hypothetical) child is simply a prop in the drama.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

kglory

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »

Regardless of the "father's" wealth, the child has a right to a father and the father to the daughter.

Vile woman.

Oh, very true. Just for the sake of a father/daughter relationship, there is no reason for this woman to keep her daughter from the father (if it were true).

I just meant, it's especially more surprising that someone would not pursue child support if the parent were a wealthy celebrity.  Especially if the mother's personality is such as she displays here.

ClaireC79

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »

padua

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »
It really does not phase me that much.  I somehow suspect a lot of celebrities have kids out there that they do not know of.

but i don't think it's fair of someone to imply that THESE particular celebrities were the sort to make babies without knowing about them. i think any gossip on someone's reputation is unfair, even if one puts the other six up to throw the public off the scent as to who the real father is. i really don't think it's any different than calling out seven guys from a small town and saying 'one of you has unknowingly fathered a child'. these seven men work together, and after spreading gossip like this, feel they have to defend themselves in some way by denying the allegations. who knows the impact these speculations have on their current relationships? i agree with the others who've said it's unfair to post something like that. and i don't think being a celebrity necessarily means you have to have a thicker skin to endure slander.