Author Topic: Wishing it won't make it so  (Read 10748 times)

lkdrymom

Wishing it won't make it so
« on: November 26, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »
I finally got to use an Ehell line.  Sometimes I think my teenagers have lost their grip with reality. DD is going to NYC tomorrow with a friend. Right now she is at her Dad's house. She texts me asking me to fill a bag for her and she will stop by and pick it up on her way to friend's house. I can't find the jacket she wants. Looked everywhere. She seems to think that by repeating the line over and over "I really want that jacket" that the jacket was going to magically appear. Finally told her "I'm afraid that won't be possible".

Only me

Re: Wishing it won't make it so
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »
LOL ;D

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »
lol

You're nicer than me. Unless the trip was very last minuet or an emergency of some kind, I would have told her to pack her own bag. But I'm mean. >:D
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

JacklynHyde

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »
This may also serve as a mini-lesson on keeping her possessions tidy.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »
lol

You're nicer than me. Unless the trip was very last minuet or an emergency of some kind, I would have told her to pack her own bag. But I'm mean. >:D

Hey!  I thought I was the Meanest Mom in the World!!!

lkdrymom

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
Since it was only a few things (sneakers, camera, money---hers not mine thankfully) I didn't mind getting it together. It just amazes me that when I told her I couldn't find it, she acted like I never really looked. There are only so many places I could look.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
"I looked where it should have been put away and it wasn't there."

Hey, if they actually put stuff away then they and you could find it!

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 10:36:40 PM »
Snort.

Everytime one of "my kids" (meaning the children of close friends) whines at me "But Aunt Pixie I want, I want I want".  I calmly look at them and say "And I want to marry David Tennant, but that's not going to happen either".
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

Iris

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 04:05:52 AM »
"And I want to marry David Tennant, but that's not going to happen either".

No, because he's mine!  ;D (Don't tell DH)
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Minmom3

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »
Snort.

Everytime one of "my kids" (meaning the children of close friends) whines at me "But Aunt Pixie I want, I want I want".  I calmly look at them and say "And I want to marry David Tennant, but that's not going to happen either".

Snicker...  Our family phrase was "and I want a beach house in Malibu...."  Which DD#1 told me YEARS LATER that she thought for the longest time was "I wanna be chouse in Malibu" and she really wondered what the heck  'chouse' meant or was.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Bethczar

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 01:36:02 PM »
Snort.

Everytime one of "my kids" (meaning the children of close friends) whines at me "But Aunt Pixie I want, I want I want".  I calmly look at them and say "And I want to marry David Tennant, but that's not going to happen either".
I say "I want Clive Owen to give me a sponge bath" which always cracks up my husband. The last two times I said it, the item magically appeared, so now he says "By the power of Clive, I wish I could find my ______!"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:38:19 PM by Bethczar »

Jan74

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »
Snort.

Everytime one of "my kids" (meaning the children of close friends) whines at me "But Aunt Pixie I want, I want I want".  I calmly look at them and say "And I want to marry David Tennant, but that's not going to happen either".
I say "I want Clive Owen to give me a sponge bath" which always cracks up my husband. The last two times I said it, the item magically appeared, so now he says "By the power of Clive, I wish I could find my ______!"

I must agree with your husband that Clive Owen is truly magical.  ;D

BellyBionic

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »
"And I want to marry David Tennant, but that's not going to happen either".

Ours is "I want a million dollars and a pony.  What's your point?"

PitBullMom

• Punish the deed, not the breed!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
LOL, PitBullDad, who is completely bald, usually says, "And I want a ponytail.  Disappointment abounds."   >:D
~PitBullMom

Don't breed or buy while homeless pets die.  Adopt your soul pet at your local animal shelter.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
Our family has used "And people in really hot place want ice water"