News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• October 08, 2015, 01:17:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 464695 times)

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2745 on: May 23, 2015, 05:19:49 AM »
If you're interested in that kind of thing, a woman called Doris Stokes wrote a series of autobiographies several years ago about living with that type of gift. I'm not sure if they're still in print, I think they were written in about the 70s, but my mum had the series and they were very illuminating. You might be able to get them on Amazon.

You can find them at

Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2746 on: August 10, 2015, 07:29:52 PM »
One time I was taking pictures in the oldest section of a cemetery. There were a couple of locked mausoleums. They were about the size of garden sheds on the outside but only had a short, narrow, bench width space within (some of them had an actual bench inside). The front windows were clear glass & the back ones were stained glass, so they were fairly well lighted from sunlight. I fiddled with my camera settings, looked up to snap a picture of a particular mausoleum & suddenly realized "*random weird feeling* There's something in front of me." Put down the camera, looked really hard & still felt like "Okay, I'm not just looking at an empty space. A presence is right there." Not something that I could physically see, hear or smell. But there was definitely a young guy sitting in the back right corner on the floor, leaning his head & arms on his tucked up knees & feeling sad + confused.  And he was in a Civil War uniform. It was just super bizarre  :( I backed off taking a picture in that spot. Didn't even think to check the name & date first like I usually do, so no idea who belonged to that particular one.