News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 07, 2015, 09:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 81522 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1410 on: June 28, 2015, 04:56:05 AM »
New bathroom cabinet up - so we aren't using the windowsill to store things anymore and the cats can have it back!

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1411 on: June 28, 2015, 09:29:35 PM »
Spent six hours each on Saturday and Sunday weeding, planting, fertilising and watering the garden in preparation for spring.  Oh how I ache...

The garden beds look great, but I still need to put down weed mat and/or mulch.  There are also a few hundred bulbs to go in.  And there are several potted plants that need repotting. 

gmatoy

« Reply #1412 on: June 29, 2015, 12:29:18 AM »
Spent six hours each on Saturday and Sunday weeding, planting, fertilising and watering the garden in preparation for spring.  Oh how I ache...

The garden beds look great, but I still need to put down weed mat and/or mulch.  There are also a few hundred bulbs to go in.  And there are several potted plants that need repotting.

And that is why I say, "You don't own the yard, the yard owns you!"

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1413 on: July 04, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »
Since my week staycaction was cut short by a necessary road trip, I only had about 4.5 days at home. Of which I spent recovering from 1700+ miles of driving in just u dear a week and being lazy. So today I had to do something productive. I cleaned out my DVD collection. With both Amazon Prime and Netflix, no real need to have the actual DVDs. So I only kept those I can't get or stream for free on either. The rest are going to moms church's annual sale.

I also did the same with books. If they are available I book format, out went the actual book. Also being donated.
And I put some other things into the space vacated by the DVDs, which resided in the cedar chest I use as a coffee table.

So now my living room looks a lot less cluttered. Bedroom is tomorrow, but I did go through my socks and toss the old, faller downs, etc. once the BR is done, I will be happy. And all I'll have to do is throw out the junk in my trunk.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1414 on: July 04, 2015, 11:43:24 PM »
Continued house purging/ preparing for move: the closet in my room is clean. Took everything out, wiped down and sprayed, and put back only things I really will use. Out with the. Bedraggled undies, mismatched socks, shirts that make me look pregnant, old bathing suits, etc. Also found additional papers, school stuff, medical records. Kept only the important stuff, the rest needs to be shredded. Two garbage bags full of shoes, one of old blankets and about five if papers or clothing.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

gmatoy

« Reply #1415 on: July 05, 2015, 01:37:49 AM »
I went shopping, bought a lot of fabric. Did laundry. (Remember the fabric?) Fabric is all folded, stacked, ready to be put away. Other laundry washed, dried or hung to dry.
Made scones for breakfast and realized the oven was disgusting. Cleaned oven. Did dishes. Read. Going to bed if it ever cools down.

gmatoy

« Reply #1416 on: Yesterday at 10:29:57 PM »
I started a project today that means I have to find a pattern that I have used since Christmas. That means it should only be 6 layers down. (One layer per month.) Nope, can not find it. The good news is that I have filed all of the patterns I have purchased in the last several months, got tags on all four sides of my fabric stashing crates, and have put some things in the "out" pile.

Took a "break" to make dinner and waded back in for another hour. 

Plan to go in and liberate the bed before my shows come on at 9 P.M.

Still, I did accomplish something.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1417 on: Today at 08:10:57 AM »
At 5 am I remembered that we were going to de-bone the freezer (take out all those old bones from soup making that had taken over the freezer, leaving no room for anything else, and put them in the garbage for pick up this morning).  Well it hadn't been done and this is the day they pick up the garbage early, early in the morning.  I had to wake my husband and get him to help me by taking them out to the can.  I didn't feel bad doing that because he had promised to do it but had forgotten and I just didn't want to wait yet another week to get rid of them.  As it is I lost a big container of quinoa I cooked and was going to freeze in servings.  It's been too long in the fridge, so...darn it!  I also am going to make some freezer jelly out of the strawberries I bought a couple of days ago.  I don't know how to make it, but will figure it out. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1418 on: Today at 12:21:24 PM »
I continued my organizing when the last CD wallet I ordered arrived. A couple of years ago, I took all the plastic cases, and chucked them, and put the CDs and just the cover of the label into CD wallets. I had 3, and some misc. ones, and figured if I got one more, I could organize them all. So that's done. I still have a trunk full of trash (no food or anything like that) i need to throw in the dumpster. Would have done it over the weekend, but they were full!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1419 on: Today at 01:30:24 PM »
Got back from my canoe trip late Sunday night and fortunately, had yesterday booked off.  I got the garden fertilized/watered and got the three loads of laundry done I needed to.  My tent got aired out and repacked in its original case and my other tent repacked in its case that I used for the trip, since it was a bit bigger.  BF made dinner and did the non-dishwasher dishes while I unpacked and reloaded my dishwasher and cleared the kitchen table of enough detritus so we could eat there.  Mostly just shuffled it to another room, though.   :P
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

gmatoy

« Reply #1420 on: Today at 01:43:44 PM »
  I also am going to make some freezer jelly out of the strawberries I bought a couple of days ago.  I don't know how to make it, but will figure it out.

I make mine using the recipe in the Sure-jell box.

turtleIScream

« Reply #1421 on: Today at 06:54:28 PM »
Painted the hutch my husband built for our daughter's desk. Cut the hardboard, and bought nails, so we can attach a bulletin board. I am hoping to finish the whole project tomorrow.

Bought a homemade throw pillow for my SIL. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to ship it.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh