Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 47800 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1035 on: Yesterday at 10:19:14 AM »
Haven't felt like doing much the last few days but managed more than I thought I would.

Tuesday, I drove 4 hours for a course so I didn't feel like doing much.  Especially when I had to get up at 5 am and 7 am has been a struggle!

Wednesday, I hit the advance polls and voted in our municipal election.  Thought it was a good way to honour the soldiers killed this week.  And I managed to do down a bunch of tomatoes for the freezer.  There are still a few more ripe ones to do and a few more that I'm waiting for them to ripen.  And then I'll make sauce with them all, probably into a pot of chili.  And I ran the dishwasher.

Yesterday, I managed to work in the garden for a little bit.  I pulled all my turnips, keeping the few that were big enough to do something with out.  I pulled out a few plants that didn't have anything worth harvesting on them.  I pulled a few beets to give to my neighbour and I pulled a few carrots.  I also got a bunch of plants in the ground out of pots where they've been for the summer.  I hope they survive - they were some rarer plants that I dug up from my Dad's place, knowing that we would probably get it sold this year.

Tonight, I want to unpack the dishwasher and do a little more in the garden.  Maybe harvest the rest of the beets and a few more carrots?

Over the weekend, I want to finish with the harvest and also clean up my house.  I have to finish purging and tidy everything up and then call one of the charities to come and pick up all the dang boxes I have in the front of my garage.  I need to create room for the stuff I'll be bringing from my Dad's place.  I'm keeping a few things but I'm also going to be bringing the sale stuff to my house.  I'm in a bigger city and we'll get a better price for everything if we do an auction here.

I also need to make a pot of squash soup before they go off and I have some zucchini to shred.  I should make the zucchini bread, too.

I just have to pace myself - do 30-45 minutes work, take an hour rest.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1036 on: Yesterday at 04:49:37 PM »
Since leaving work yesterday:

Combined files for two students. Posted flyers to two different pages and set triggers for them to post again in a few days.
Went to test drive the new car, signed paperwork to purchase the car, drove the car home. Drove DS to his activity, talked to friends, went back to pick up other car. School work.
Got up this morning, got DH and DS up. Got DS paperwork together for learner's permit. Went to the doctor's office and got paperwork signed and lab work. Got gas, had breakfast, got a car wash.
Went to get a recall repair done, utter failure, skipped that. Went to get costume items, and then went to the DMV.
Fixed the errors I made on posting the flyers and setting triggers.
Packed and ready to leave on a camping weekend.