Author Topic: Bob Geldorf tells it like it is.  (Read 3400 times)

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
Re: Bob Geldorf tells it like it is.
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »

Then again, I also like the "Knee deep in the hoopla" line of "We Built This City."  I never claimed to have good taste.   :)

In all fairness, it was the "who rode the wrecking balls into our guitars" line that made sprain my eyeballs.   ;D

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Jan74

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 06:46:48 PM »

Then again, I also like the "Knee deep in the hoopla" line of "We Built This City."  I never claimed to have good taste.   :)

In all fairness, it was the "who rode the wrecking balls into our guitars" line that made sprain my eyeballs.   ;D

I prefer to follow Dave Barry's poll that had "MacArthur Park" as the worst song ever. Seriously people, cake in the rain?

Mopsy428

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 07:27:27 PM »
It is not the good kind of corny and cheesy.

Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" is the good kind of corny and cheesy.  ;D

But I do find the concept of thanking God that other people are in a terrible situation, and not me, to be insulting.
LOL! I was just on the phone telling my friend that listening to that song on repeat was my idea of h*ll.  :P

Jan74

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 07:30:38 PM »
It is not the good kind of corny and cheesy.

Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" is the good kind of corny and cheesy.  ;D

But I do find the concept of thanking God that other people are in a terrible situation, and not me, to be insulting.
LOL! I was just on the phone telling my friend that listening to that song on repeat was my idea of h*ll.  :P

On repeat, it would be hell. I'm more of the "twice during December" opinion here. I think the only Christmas music - and I love Christmas music - I could stand to listen to on repeat would be the rat pack Christmas album.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 10:28:45 PM »
I have to disagree there, I think Wonderful Christmastime is one of the lamest songs ever. And I only heard it for the first time a couple years ago.

Ed.

Jan74

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 06:45:53 AM »
I have to disagree there, I think Wonderful Christmastime is one of the lamest songs ever. And I only heard it for the first time a couple years ago.

Ed.

Isn't "lame" a synonym for "corny" and "cheesy" though? So it is not really disagreeing.