Author Topic: I <3 Discount Tire  (Read 864 times)

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
I <3 Discount Tire
« on: December 01, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
On Monday, I noticed my left rear tire was sort of flat.  Not really bad, but the tire was low.  I tried to go to my tire place, Discount Tire (shameless plug!) to have them look at it.  They were so busy, I couldn't get in the parking lot.  I slowly drove to *other tire place* and they were nice, pleasant, but said if I didn't get my tires from them, they would have to charge me for a repair.  I declined, so they filled the tire to get me by.

Today I made it to Discount Tire.  I parked, went in and talked to the guy.  He glanced through the window and said "Oh, ya, it looks a little low.  We'll fix it.  Free repair.  It will take about 40 minutes, so are you going to hang around or go to the stores?"  I said I was going to the burger place next door as I was starving because I hadn't eaten all day.

Ate, went back to Discount Tire and they said "Oh.. sorry, but it couldn't be repaired.  Too much driving on a semi flat, and it caused too much damage.  But we put a new one on for you!   No charge!  I told you it would be free, so I'm sticking to that."

I got my car, with a brand new tire on it, drove home and made them fresh chocolate chip cookies and just got back from dropping them off.  They fix my car, they get cookies.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: I <3 Discount Tire
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:44:51 PM »
My guess is they'd rather have the cookies!
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.