Author Topic: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text  (Read 4328 times)

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text
« on: December 03, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »
Apparently Josh Duhamel was kicked off a lfight when he refused to turn off his blackberry, despite repeated requests.  Afellow passenger said that he was rude to the flight attendent.  The thing that really gets me is that his rep is apparently saying that he was just texting about the flight being delayed.  If he had shut off the phone when they asked maybe they could have taken off.  Instead he delayed everyone else even more because they had to go back to the terminal so he could be removed. 

Scuba_Dog

Re: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
Yeah, I just read about that.  Unbelievable behavior.  Apparently the other passengers were pretty irate.
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »
I just read this and didn't post because I figured somebody had beaten me to it.

He's an SS alright.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:07:20 AM »
For what it's worth, the article I was reading on MSNBC.com said he has since apologized for it. But yeah that was a dumb thing to do.

Ed.

Miss March

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 11:18:24 AM »
I read that a crew person asked him three separate times to shut off his Blackberry and that he got increasingly rude about it, and actually laughed at the crew person. Really shameful behavior!
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

MissRose

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »
Special Snowflake and rude too.  ::)

Thats the first thing that came to my mind when I read the story.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »
I found it particularly obnoxious that the claim is he was texting about the delay when his refusal to stop texting created a much longer delay.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:14:32 AM by Sharnita »

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 09:03:33 AM »
I'm glad they kicked him off. How rude!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 03:23:20 PM »
I'm wondering if he'll be allowed to fly on that airline again. As a passenger i wouldn't want him on any flight I was going to be on.

Master_Edward

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 11:52:02 PM »
Yeah mbbored, I mentioned that in my post upthread. I take it you don't believe he's sincere. I like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt so I believe he is sincere with his apology.

Ed.

Master_Edward

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
I suppose it's entirely possible Sharnita. I do remember reading stories about other celebrities being banned from airlines for life. But usually they've been drunk and disorderly so I'd be a little surprised in this case if he was.

Ed.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
Yeah mbbored, I mentioned that in my post upthread. I take it you don't believe he's sincere. I like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt so I believe he is sincere with his apology.

Ed.

I'm afraid I'm a cynic, Ed. When someone behaves outrageously, and then passes it off with a one-word apology after they've been called on the carpet for it publicly, I doubt their sincerity.

And while he may not have been drunk, he was disobeying flight crew. That`s not just disorderly, that`s illegal.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Jan74

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »
In a world where Andy wingadingdingy is still allowed to fly... or go anywhere... I somehow doubt Josh Duhamel will be banned for life.

Master_Edward

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »
You know Jan74 I believe you're right, LOL. Twik, I do see your point but like I said I try not be a cynic about people and give them the benefit of the doubt. I mean I'm cynical about some celebrities but he's not one of them. And since (as far as I know) this is the first time Josh Duhamel has had an incident like this I'd be a little suprised if the airline banned him for life. I totally understand them kicking him off the flight but to me it's not worth banning him permanently.

Ed.