Author Topic: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text  (Read 4234 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 03:39:30 PM »
I'd be less worried about someone who got drunk and misbehaved (which might not happen again) versus someone who (completely sober) defied the safety instructions from flight crew. That shows a nasty combination of arrogance and poor judgment.

And the best he can do is for his PR people to say, "He's sorry"?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
I'm not being sarcastic or snarky. But what else would you have him and/or his PR people do? Seriously. He can't go back and change what he did. Yes it was stupid but we've all done stupid things. I guess I'm more willing to forgive and forget than lots of people.

Ed.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »
I guess that I would have him not harrass somebody who is following a procedure common to all comercial flights as part of safety protocol.  Honestly there are some things that "I'm sorry" does not get you out of the doghouse for.  I guess I'd say a long probationary period might eventually do it but right now he needs to stay in the hole he dug himself.

Master_Edward

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »
OK I suppose that's fair then.

Ed.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 04:36:01 PM »
How about, "What I did was stupid, rude and made a minor problem bigger. I'm so sorry." That would have been an apology. Instead, he blew it off.

I learned that it's best to always turn them off, not my favorite moment," Josh told Access Hollywood. "I'm good, I'm good. Lesson learned."

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/89369/20101207/josh-duhamel-it-s-best-to-turn-blackberry-off-in-flight.htm
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Miss March

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 06:39:36 PM »
Seems to be a bit of a toad, really. I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm deciding what film to spend my dollars on.
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
I'm not being sarcastic or snarky. But what else would you have him and/or his PR people do? Seriously. He can't go back and change what he did. Yes it was stupid but we've all done stupid things. I guess I'm more willing to forgive and forget than lots of people.

Ed.

What I find most appalling is not the lame Griggs-esque apology, but the lack of acknowledgment of his treatment of the stewardess.  He *may* be choosing to not dignify an outrageous assertion with a response, but the incident leaves me believing the stewardess in her claims that he taunted her. 

Service and safety personnel deserve better than that.

Emma
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »
I have to add that flying and especially safety in regards to the threat another passenger may offer causes a lot of people great stress.  His aggressive behavior could have been traumatic, not jsut inconvenient, for the other passengers as well as the flight attendant.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 10:29:52 PM »
A one word apology to me is insufficient for deliberately mocking somebody who don't feel is as important as you (he laughed at the flight attendant) and delaying a plane full of people simply because you can.

Master_Edward

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 11:32:59 PM »
Griggsesque? I'm sorry I don't understand what that means.

Ed.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 02:55:17 PM »
Oh, he's sorry all right...

That apology is pathetic. Two more things:

(1) I just tried typing "flight delayed' into my BlackBerry. It took maybe 15 seconds.
(2) If it was so important that he send that message, why didn't he take advantage of the ample time he had during the actual delay?
The status is not quo!

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 03:01:43 PM »
Griggsesque? I'm sorry I don't understand what that means.

Ed.

My apologies.  I was comparing it the lame apology offered by Judith Griggs for stealing Monica Gaudio's work.  Essentially, "so sorry, whatever." 

The apology sounds like his "people" told him he had to apologize so he made noises; he evidences no genuine remorse.

Emma
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

Master_Edward

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »
Okay I see. Thanks for explaining that then.

Ed.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »
What did he mean by "I'm good, I'm good, lesson learned."  I get the lesson learned but I don't get the "I'm good".   Were we really worried about whehter he was good or not?

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
And to think I actually liked him.  Blah, no more!  What a jerk and complete SS!