Author Topic: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text  (Read 4295 times)

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
Re: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 02:06:13 AM »
I'm not being sarcastic or snarky. But what else would you have him and/or his PR people do? Seriously. He can't go back and change what he did. Yes it was stupid but we've all done stupid things. I guess I'm more willing to forgive and forget than lots of people.

Ed.

What I find most appalling is not the lame Griggs-esque apology, but the lack of acknowledgment of his treatment of the stewardess.  He *may* be choosing to not dignify an outrageous assertion with a response, but the incident leaves me believing the stewardess in her claims that he taunted her. 

Service and safety personnel deserve better than that.

Emma

LOL, hearting the 'griggs-esque' ;D

hjaye

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »
He really shouldn't be that full of himself.  I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.  So he can't be that famous.............. :)

Jan74

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:10 AM »
He really shouldn't be that full of himself.  I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.  So he can't be that famous.............. :)

He was in a few B-movies and on a not that popular tv show (Las Vegas). Most people would not know who he is if he hadn't married Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.

Two Ravens

• One for sorrow, Two for mirth...
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »

He was in a few B-movies and on a not that popular tv show (Las Vegas). Most people would not know who he is if he hadn't married Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.

He was also in the two Transformers movies.

Jan74

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »

Oh yeah, but he wasn't the main dude. Shia LeBouef was. So he'd definitely be at a "Hey, it's that guy!" level if it weren't for the marriage. Recognizable but not I-know-his-name famous.

Two Ravens

• One for sorrow, Two for mirth...
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »

Oh yeah, but he wasn't the main dude. Shia LeBouef was. So he'd definitely be at a "Hey, it's that guy!" level if it weren't for the marriage. Recognizable but not I-know-his-name famous.

He was the only dude I cared to look at in those movies.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:24 AM »
What did he mean by "I'm good, I'm good, lesson learned."  I get the lesson learned but I don't get the "I'm good".   Were we really worried about whehter he was good or not?

Of course we were. Just like whoever he was texting to would have been *devastated* if the flight he was on didn't land exactly on time. Because he's the center of the universe, right?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Jan74

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »
What did he mean by "I'm good, I'm good, lesson learned."  I get the lesson learned but I don't get the "I'm good".   Were we really worried about whehter he was good or not?

Of course we were. Just like whoever he was texting to would have been *devastated* if the flight he was on didn't land exactly on time. Because he's the center of the universe, right?

Bwahahahah!

As a member of the general population, I was also worried about whether he was good. I mean, the trauma of being told not to text can cause PTSD. Poor Josh.

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »

He was?  I had no idea.
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
Las Vegas was on what 4 maybe 5 seasons? I wouldn't exactly call that unpopular. He was first on the daytime soap opera All My Children.

Ed.  ETA: It ran for 5 seasons with 106 episodes. Which is more than the original Star Trek. I'd call that a decent run.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:37:58 PM by Master_Edward »

Jan74

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 06:47:04 AM »
Yes, it ran for a really long time, but it was not one of those shows people discussed by the water cooler. There are some shows like that, that obviously someone is watching, but nobody ever admits to watching. Like NCIS: Los Angeles.

Master_Edward

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »
I'll admit it then. I sometimes watched Las Vegas in it's original run. ;D

It's being rerun on some satellite/cable stations but I haven't watched it in a long time.

Ed.

Jan74

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »
I'll admit it then. I sometimes watched Las Vegas in it's original run. ;D

It's being rerun on some satellite/cable stations but I haven't watched it in a long time.

Ed.

I watched it sometimes when James Caan was on cause he rules. I couldn't abide by the Tom Selleck season though.

Master_Edward

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2010, 10:47:56 PM »
You know I've realized at some point that celebrities are in a no win situation. If they do something bad/wrong and they don't apologize people are angry that they didn't and are like How dare they not apologize do they think they're better than everyone else and are above the rules?! And then if they do apologize no one believes that they really mean it anyway. Which makes me wonder how a celebrity can apologize to make the public believe them. And two, I wonder if celebrities don't apologize for stuff because they know that no one's going to believe them. It's all rhetorical, I don't expect anyone to have any answers but it's just something I think about. But I think it's extremely unfair.

Ed.

KimberlyRose

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2010, 12:35:27 AM »
You know I've realized at some point that celebrities are in a no win situation. If they do something bad/wrong and they don't apologize people are angry that they didn't and are like How dare they not apologize do they think they're better than everyone else and are above the rules?! And then if they do apologize no one believes that they really mean it anyway. Which makes me wonder how a celebrity can apologize to make the public believe them. And two, I wonder if celebrities don't apologize for stuff because they know that no one's going to believe them. It's all rhetorical, I don't expect anyone to have any answers but it's just something I think about. But I think it's extremely unfair.

It's not unfair here at all.  There's a huge difference between "I made a mistake and I'm truly sorry," and "yeah, yeah, sorry, whatever," which is a lot closer to his attitude.  It's not a no win situation at all.  You mess up, you take responsibility for it--nonapologies don't count.  We expect that of people in our everyday lives, why should celebrities get a pass?