Author Topic: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text  (Read 4257 times)

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
Re: Josh Duhamel has something important to say/text
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2010, 12:43:06 AM »
I guess the only difference is that I'm the only one whose posted in this discussion who believes he is sincere. It was all just some thoughts anyway. Maybe I'm too trusting of people but I don't care.

Ed.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »
You know I've realized at some point that celebrities are in a no win situation. If they do something bad/wrong and they don't apologize people are angry that they didn't and are like How dare they not apologize do they think they're better than everyone else and are above the rules?! And then if they do apologize no one believes that they really mean it anyway. Which makes me wonder how a celebrity can apologize to make the public believe them. And two, I wonder if celebrities don't apologize for stuff because they know that no one's going to believe them. It's all rhetorical, I don't expect anyone to have any answers but it's just something I think about. But I think it's extremely unfair.

It's not unfair here at all.  There's a huge difference between "I made a mistake and I'm truly sorry," and "yeah, yeah, sorry, whatever," which is a lot closer to his attitude.  It's not a no win situation at all.  You mess up, you take responsibility for it--nonapologies don't count.  We expect that of people in our everyday lives, why should celebrities get a pass?

Agreed. "I did something stupid and I'm sorry" would have gone a long way. "I"m good, lesson learned" sounds like he's blowing it off.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Jan74

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »
His apology is All About Him. No mention of the inconvenience he caused to other passengers, their familym, the airline, and its workers at all.