Author Topic: With friends like that  (Read 1794 times)

Carnation

• Super Hero!
With friends like that
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:12:45 AM »
I was reading about how gravely ill Elizabeth Edwards is. :'( 

Halfway through, the article quoted a friend who "spoke on condition of anonymity" because apparently Elizabeth and her family wanted to keep the details private.

My goodness, what kind of "friend" is that?

??? ??? ???

Hopefully this person is not actually a friend who is present, but someone passing him or herself off as having firsthand knowledge.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101207/ap_on_re_us/us_elizabeth_edwards

What could anyone possibly hope to gain?

ncgal

Re: With friends like that
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »
Different articles have different information.  One good article stated that the Family is the one that released what Ms. Edwards wrote on her facebook page.  Her faceboook page is down tight.  I have friends that are friends with her on facebook (and know her IRL) and you cannot get to her page at all.  I thought until I read this other article that a "friend" had released what was on her facebook page.  Thankfully, it is the family that is releasing to the public what they want released and how they want it released.      

The Family has a spokeperson that keeps the media updated.  I live in the area, so this is top news, update every hour pretty much.  I believe that Ms. Edwards and her immediate family is not going to keep anyone at her side that cannot be trusted.  

Prayers for Ms. Edwards and her family.  

Edit to correct spelling.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:00:52 PM by ncgal »

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
It could be someone just thrilled to shreds to be able to be a "source" of a gossip outlet.

Or, it could be someone who might not even realized she was being pumped for info by a reporter. "Gee, it's so nice that you took me out for coffee, and sounded interested in *me*. I've been so sad since hearing the news about my friend... Oops! You're a reporter, aren't you? Please, don't tell anyone I told you anything about Elizabeth." Hence, "spoke on condition of anonymity".
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 11:43:56 AM »
I'm just praying for her and her family right now. 

All the rest of it can easily be ignored. 
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:24:29 PM »
I'm just praying for her and her family right now. 

All the rest of it can easily be ignored. 

This.  The last few years of her life have been very difficult.  I hope she is able to have a peaceful passing.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »
I think if the general public would stop with it's obsession with famous people they wouldn't keep publishing articles like that. Now I'm being cynical.

It's things like that, that make me very thankful I'm not a famous person.

Ed.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
I think if the general public would stop with it's obsession with famous people they wouldn't keep publishing articles like that. Now I'm being cynical.

It's things like that, that make me very thankful I'm not a famous person.

Ed.

Pod to that!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »
Yahoo news is running that she died today.