Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 349982 times)

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2100 on: November 08, 2014, 12:59:54 AM »

Sam has lost de power of de woof over the chickens at last.

He likes to lay on the slabs a little way off the wire and wait until one of the chickens settles down in the loose dirt for a nice long dust bath. Then he slowly crawls up to the wire and bounces onto his feet and gives out a loud 'WULF'. Until today, this has resulted in whoever the victim is jumping up and flapping away, while he smugly trots off singing 'I gotta chicken, I gotta chicken.'

Today however, he tried it -- and the chicken just lay there and glared at him. This had amusement value so I just watched to see what happened next. Sam lay down, then bounced up again. Chicken stayed where it was and flapped a lazy wing. Sam gives it one more try with a bark best described as 'wo-of?'

The chicken turned its back and flicked dust over him twice.

De power of de Woof has ended, and a rather dejected dog had to be consoled that all good things must end with a pigs ear and his favourite chewie. The Human is giving restrained giggles, because it's bad form to laugh outright at a Rottweiler.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2101 on: November 19, 2014, 08:47:42 PM »
Huh.  Turns out that coffee smell wasn't DH sneaking an evening frappuccino so he can stay up late and study - it was Bittybartfast.  Who somehow found a K-cup and was eating raw coffee grounds.

I don't think she'll sleep well tonight.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2102 on: November 20, 2014, 07:38:11 AM »
Raw coffee grounds? That couldn't have tasted very good. :P Hopefully she didn't eat too many before she was caught.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Snooks

« Reply #2103 on: November 21, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
I think the newer anesthetics the vets are using makes them considerably less sleepy afterward - I haven't noticed any clumsiness or lethargy in the six I've had spayed/neutered in the past year, at two different vets.

One of ours totally freaked out and I can only assume lost all depth perception because he insisted on batting everything with his paw before going near it, including his water.  The wetness obviously shocked him and he turned the water bowl upside down and the food bowls got caught up in it too for good measure.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2104 on: November 21, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
I think the newer anesthetics the vets are using makes them considerably less sleepy afterward - I haven't noticed any clumsiness or lethargy in the six I've had spayed/neutered in the past year, at two different vets.

One of ours totally freaked out and I can only assume lost all depth perception because he insisted on batting everything with his paw before going near it, including his water.  The wetness obviously shocked him and he turned the water bowl upside down and the food bowls got caught up in it too for good measure.

That wasn't an effect of the anesthetics.  That was an outright protest!  He's saying "Did you really think I don't realize I'm missing parts?  IMPORTANT parts!!"