Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 745336 times)

Reika

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5505 on: September 11, 2014, 12:08:57 AM »
Speaking of stinky goo. I meant to post about this before, but forgot. On the bottom of my left foot where my middle toe connects to the ball hurt like crazy, but I didn't see anything, no cuts, bruises, etc. Until Thursday morning when it felt like I was walking on a marble. So I looked and there was this white blob on my foot. Without thinking about it I poked at it.

Well, said blob was apparently a pus filled blister and the white goo that came out was just putrid. I cleaned out the area and slapped a bandaid on with some antibacterial ointment and it's healing nicely. No clue what I did to myself, but that was just foul.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #5506 on: September 11, 2014, 02:20:46 AM »
Reika- my brother had something similar and in amongst all the gunk and goo was a teeny tiny splinter - he'd stepped on a piece of wood weeks earlier and pulled the biggest pieces out but the single tiny bit that was still in there got wrapped up in a ball of pus that exploded one afternoon when he was at work.
He had to call Mum to get her to bring him in his spare boots and some fresh socks, and to toss out the boots he had been wearing after two weeks of trying (and failing) to get the stink out of them.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Reika

« Reply #5507 on: September 11, 2014, 06:37:40 AM »
It's possible I stepped on something and didn't realize it. And your poor brother, at least this happened with my shoes off.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #5508 on: September 15, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »
I've been in and out of the hospital this week, and sent home on high powered pain killers (yay, morphine!).  So, yesterday, I decided I really needed a shower, and was smart enough to make sure I did that at my boyfriend's house instead of my own where I would have no help.  Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to make him sit in the bathroom with me.  Of course, I lost my balance getting out of the shower.  His is a shower that has a door, so there's a metal track on the sides where the door latches.  I also have body jewelry on the sensitive girl parts of the upper torso.  Well, I used to have a matching set.  I don't any more.  When I lost my balance the horseshoe on my right side caught the track for the shower door and ripped completely out.  The resulting wound is rather gross looking.

:o :o :o :o

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Given that I'm alternating between percocet and morphine, the pain isn't really an issue.  I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't on such strong pain killers, it would be a different story, but as it is, I'm just marveling at the grossness of that particular piece of anatomy being split in two.

Thats what made me say ouch. The mental vision of that just makes mine hurt in sympathy.

*strangled squeaking noise*
*clutches own anatomy protectively*

My reaction exactly. YE GODS OW OW OW

Glad to know I'm not the only one protectively clutching the girlz
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]