News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 27, 2015, 03:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 853022 times)

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5910 on: March 23, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
I kept the church nursery yesterday. The rest of the day afterward, I have had the lingering smell of wet diaper in my nose. I didn't actually change any of the diapers myself. I changed my clothes and it still persisted.

Today it is the smell of newborn/breastfed baby poop. (For those who don't know, it's not a regular poop smell - it's sort of fruity, but very pungent.) I have no idea where it could come from since the only possible "culprit" yesterday, I didn't even hold.

Are olfactory hallucinations a sure sign of insanity?

Would you rather we answer that with a yes or a no?  >:D

Better to know than to wonder.  ;)

greencat

« Reply #5911 on: March 23, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »
I kept the church nursery yesterday. The rest of the day afterward, I have had the lingering smell of wet diaper in my nose. I didn't actually change any of the diapers myself. I changed my clothes and it still persisted.

Today it is the smell of newborn/breastfed baby poop. (For those who don't know, it's not a regular poop smell - it's sort of fruity, but very pungent.) I have no idea where it could come from since the only possible "culprit" yesterday, I didn't even hold.

Clean your shoes, even if they don't have any obvious signs of malodorous substances on them.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #5912 on: March 23, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »
I've had another injection in the eye. (This may become a monthly thing. Dratted eyes.)

I now have a very lovely red spot which will only get bigger over the next few days before proceeding to fade. It looks awesome. ;D
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #5913 on: March 23, 2015, 01:19:17 PM »

Clean your shoes, even if they don't have any obvious signs of malodorous substances on them.

Found it! Not the shoes.

Recipe for mimicking the smell of baby poop:
Spill 1/2 gallon of apple juice on the floor. Mop it up with a bucket including Murphy's Oil Soap. Toss the wet rags into the bathtub or suitable warm/damp place that will allow them to sour quickly. Sour apple juice alone won't do it, you need the Murphy's to add that little extra je ne sais quoi.

Excuse me, I'm off to do laundry.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #5914 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:36 PM »
Penguin the foster cat has started eating again after nearly a week of almost nothing. The Gooshifud was apparently a little rich for her system. The diarrhea didn't smell all that bad, considering, but she sprayed in All Over the adjacent cabinet.

Possible cat shart?

I had a dog once that had an upset stomach and before I could get her outside she exploded her bowel contents all over my legs and floor. Poor thing, all I could do was laugh as I cleaned it. It was like ssomething out of a movie.

A friend of mine has a full-grown pig - a very large pig.  She tells me one day she was giving Piggy a scratch on her nose when Piggy farted - and followed through.  Poor Piggy apparently looked surprised, like 'was that me?' before turning around to look at the result.  Friend said she was lucky she was in front of Piggy as the follow-through spattered all over the walls of the pig pen.  She usually gave Piggy a bum scratch...  not any more.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #5915 on: March 25, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
This spot on my eye truly is epic. ;D

If anyone wants to see - http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/AtarashiiKisetsu/IMG_1154_zpskobxvd6d.jpg (not going to img-tag it because hey, extreme closeup of red spot on eye... ;D)
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5916 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:10 PM »
Wow! We have very similar skin, but I am envious of your eyebrows. I also have translucent skin under my eyes, so people think I'm tired and it is just the veins.

My ears are usually itchy in the spring and fall with pollen activity. I cleaned them with cotton swabs on Monday, and then yesterday felt a big itch, reached my pinky finger in my right ear and found something hard and solid. It was a wax rock! Complete with dead skin cells and glistening wax! It was the size of a small corn kernel. I was both disgusted and impressed.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #5917 on: Yesterday at 12:38:50 AM »
I was both disgusted and impressed.
Me, too. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5918 on: Yesterday at 02:29:25 PM »
Wow! We have very similar skin, but I am envious of your eyebrows. I also have translucent skin under my eyes, so people think I'm tired and it is just the veins.

My ears are usually itchy in the spring and fall with pollen activity. I cleaned them with cotton swabs on Monday, and then yesterday felt a big itch, reached my pinky finger in my right ear and found something hard and solid. It was a wax rock! Complete with dead skin cells and glistening wax! It was the size of a small corn kernel. I was both disgusted and impressed.

Mine itch all year round. Darn allergies. I'm pretty impressed too! I never seem to generate that much ear wax. Mine will itch like crazy, i'll use qtips on them, thinking there is a ton of gunk, and they come out perfectly clean.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5919 on: Yesterday at 02:56:16 PM »
I wish I would have saved it for future microscopic analysis. Super Geek!