News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 20, 2017, 10:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 74800 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #675 on: November 27, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »
Well she has good reason at least...

Because I gave her a glycerin suppository. She's been constipated a few days and the olive oil treatment hasn't made a dent, neither did the Vaseline.

Hopefully this does the trick. She's never been diagnosed with megacolon, but I did have a cat that did have it and she's experiencing similar symptoms.

If she doesn't pop today, she's going to the VET tomorrow.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #676 on: November 29, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »
First it was because I was telling her that she wouldn't like the (heavily seasoned) beef I was eating, instead of giving her a taste.

Then it was because I gave her a taste of the beef, and she didn't like it. ::)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Ser Lucien Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #677 on: November 29, 2016, 06:32:01 PM »
I gave her a dose of prednisolone for a strained shoulder. Then I gave her sister a dose for itching.

Neither one is very fond of it.
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

o_gal

« Reply #678 on: December 12, 2016, 07:42:30 AM »
Scampi was crying all weekend because

Mom went shopping for the adopt-a-family and now there are bags with presents in them, and bags with food in them, in places where there normally isn't anything.

Mom has also been shopping and wrapping gifts for the hoomins in the family and there are more bags with presents in them in places where there normally isn't anything.

Mom was the meet director for the night orienteering event and she staged all the meet equipment in the foyer, where normally there isn't anything.

And finally the stuff in the foyer was removed, restoring it to its normal state, but then they dragged in a tree. A tree of all things! And they stood it up in the living room, in a location where there normally isn't anything.

Scampi is decidedly not happy about the state of things being where things normally aren't.

XRogue

« Reply #679 on: December 13, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
Badger is explaining to me how he is entitled to all the bacon off my pizza and how wrong I am for not giving him the lot. ::) ;D

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #680 on: December 20, 2016, 11:44:32 AM »
Because he was outside, and didn't I know it was raining, and therefore he was wet?

Never mind that he could have entered the house under his own power at any point.

The sad meows resulted in him getting picked up, carried inside, and deposited on the food bowls, at which point the sad sounds abruptly were replaced with the sound of crunching kibble.

XRogue

« Reply #681 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:37 PM »
Badger is now complaining because he had to have a BATH!! ::) >:D  ;D

Our younger cats, Cocoa and Spook are sitting outside the laundry room, shouting sympathy. :)