Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 5287 times)

Jones

Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
Yup I don't feel bad about the skirts, they aren't frilly at all and I look for boyish patterns. We call them kilts and he's happy to wear them around the house. The difference in potty training has been so noticeable I wish we'd started this weeks ago.

I too would like to see the kilted elk.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »

I was eyeing the Elk during the Hall Rental discussion.  The coordinator said to me sharply, "You can NOT hide the Elk, and we will not remove him."  I said, "No, I was trying to think of how to highlight him."  My first thought had been throwing some tulle over him sort of like a veil.  Then someone pointed out that he was a he.  Therefore the Kilt.  In his horns is the matching sash type thing. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2014, 07:48:40 PM »
My first thought was that he needs a sporran. All the best-dressed elks have them. :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:20 PM »
The elk probably would have, if he'd had one that went with it.  My wedding gift to him was a mink sporran that I made out of an old mink stole that I bought off e-bay.  The flap on the sporran is two heads and three tails.   His other sporran is decrepit and orange. 
That is not a flattering photo of the flowers. 

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #94 on: Today at 12:56:44 AM »
3yo DD was crying today because she loves her Easter eggs. When she asked for an egg, I mistakenly thought she wanted to eat it. No, she wanted to cuddle with it and kiss it...She let out a piercing shriek when I peeled an egg for Baby. She sobbed for 30 minutes straight at the thought of her "perfect purple eggy" being cracked.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz