Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 187533 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1170 on: April 08, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
We got front loaders just so we could get the kids to do the laundry.  Don't judge me.  :)

Judgement passed... that's perfectly brilliant!

SIL did something similar when her kids reached their teens.  She would stuff the washer so full that some of the clothes didn't even get wet, let alone clean. Her children, including the boys, forbade their mother to do the laundry.

Mission accomplished.   

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #1171 on: April 08, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »
Sometimes I wonder just how my daughter listens.

She came home from Sunday school and said she had to memorize "Apollo Creed" (Apostle's Creed)

She also said that one of the 10 commandments was "have no idiots before me"
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1172 on: April 08, 2014, 04:28:38 PM »

She came home from Sunday school and said she had to memorize "Apollo Creed" (Apostle's Creed)

That is priceless!
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1173 on: April 08, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »

That is priceless!

lol!

Two from my oldest, Emily, 7, today.

While trying to help change her sister's diaper... "You know, Mom, she looks a lot like a picture of Buddha I saw in a book once."

Then, later, she was trying to convince her sister Jenny to trade her some M&Ms in exchange for a stamper.  "I'll give you a free sample of the stamp on your hand if you like."  The free sample is what got me.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1174 on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:28 AM »

That is priceless!

It's a shame that isn't an actual commandment.   :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1175 on: April 09, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »
Little Pirate was just yelling into the outlets. I'm not really sure exactly what he was saying, but he was talking to someone. Then he ran to another outlet and yelled into that one.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1176 on: April 09, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »
A funny from three year old me...

The house we lived in had a small opening in the wall.  I'm not sure if it was a crack or hole in the wall,  but I went through a phase were everytime I  passed it I had to put a coin in the slot. When my parents asked me about why I was doing that, I told them I had to feed the gremlin before I was allowed to pass.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1177 on: April 10, 2014, 06:47:08 AM »

The house we lived in had a small opening in the wall.  I'm not sure if it was a crack or hole in the wall,  but I went through a phase were everytime I  passed it I had to put a coin in the slot. When my parents asked me about why I was doing that, I told them I had to feed the gremlin before I was allowed to pass.

I like that. :)

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1178 on: April 10, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »

Darn,  I left out the best part (shouldn't post while taking cold medicine).   When my dad had to open the wall up for a repair,  he found about $20 in change.

daen

« Reply #1179 on: April 10, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »

Darn,  I left out the best part (shouldn't post while taking cold medicine).   When my dad had to open the wall up for a repair,  he found about $20 in change.

What I want to know is - who got the change?  :)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1180 on: April 10, 2014, 11:50:23 AM »

...  What I want to know is - who got the change?  :)

What I want to know is - how did a three year old get $20 in change?   ???

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1181 on: April 10, 2014, 12:09:17 PM »

...  What I want to know is - who got the change?  :)

What I want to know is - how did a three year old get $20 in change?   ???

Grandpa  did.   He gave me his loose change  whenever I was over, which was a lot.   I have no idea what my dad did with it.

Hurricane Marathon

« Reply #1182 on: April 10, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »
Not sure if I've already told this story.  When I was little my dad mentioned that his father was retired.

Me: "GRANDDAD'S RETARDED?!!"

After my dad stopped laughing he explained about when you reach age 65 you don't have to work anymore.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1183 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »
When I was a little girl, I had to write something about what my grandparents did.  I wrote that Grandma was a nurse and grandpa was a house husband.  The family found this quite funny.

magicdomino

« Reply #1184 on: April 10, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »

That is priceless!

It's a shame that isn't an actual commandment.   :P

I was just thinking that "Thou shalt have no idiots" really should have been on the list.