Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 186493 times)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1200 on: April 22, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »
*Talking about how dogs have a particularly good sense of smell*

Babybartfast: "I can smell like that, too!  I'm really good at smelling things - I'm kind of like a dog."

Me: "Good for you-"

Babybartfast: "I'm kind of like other animals, too.  I can run like a deer, and crash into things like a bull.  And I'm kind of like a cow, because my poop is the same shape."

Me: ". . ."

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1201 on: April 22, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »
*Talking about how dogs have a particularly good sense of smell*

Babybartfast: "I can smell like that, too!  I'm really good at smelling things - I'm kind of like a dog."

Me: "Good for you-"

Babybartfast: "I'm kind of like other animals, too.  I can run like a deer, and crash into things like a bull.  And I'm kind of like a cow, because my poop is the same shape."

Me: ". . ."

LOL awesome!

Yesterday, Six told me she loved me.  Then she said, "You make me jiggle."
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1202 on: April 26, 2014, 09:12:17 PM »
DF was singing that song, "I'm a-dic, I'm addicted to you," when Six pipes up. "No, you're not, you're a sweetie to me!" 
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Jones

« Reply #1203 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:59 PM »
While driving today I flicked my rearview to check on DS age 3, as he'd gone quiet in the backseat.

Apparently he could see himself in the mirror because he said "Cute. Sooo cuuuuute."and when I glanced into the mirror again he was making a duckface.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1204 on: April 28, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »
lol, Jones, he sounds adorable.

The other day, I had all the kids in the car, and Jenny (5) pulled out a book about Virginia and read the first line aloud, "Who knows the state song of Virginia?"

Charlotte (3) immediately answered, "God!"

Jenny really loves baby carrots, but she can't close the bag by herself.  So every time she takes out the bag and gets some carrots, she brings it to me to close.  I love baby carrots, too, so I almost always take a carrot myself before I close the bag, and joke, "Carrot tax!"  Despite my trying several times to explain what I mean, she persists in thinking that I'm saying, "Carrot attack!" as in, I'm attacking the carrots.  :)

lilfox

« Reply #1205 on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:59 PM »
DD was bouncing off the walls this weekend, running all through the house.  I said something to her about calming down and she said, "I can't, I'm in free cat mode!"

Yeah, apparently she's been mis-hearing me every time I talk about one of our cats darting around with sudden bursts of energy, a state commonly referred to as "freak-out mode."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1206 on: April 28, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
I think my 2 year old has discovered mama's singing voice isn't the best.  We were singing the chorus of "Wild Irish Rose" or at least what I know of it and he put his little hand over my mouth and said "No no no!" Then started singing it by himself.  Anytime I tried to sing he said "No no no!"

Either that or he really did just want to try to sing it himself.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Frog24

« Reply #1207 on: April 30, 2014, 07:39:12 PM »
We were wandering out in the yard last weekend, and DD1 (3.5 y.o) picks up a fluffy dandelion and says: "Look what I can do, mom!"

"Wait, dear!" I say. "I know you like blowing those, but each little bit of fluff carries a dandelion seed. When the seed lands on the grass, it grows into a plant, and you know how daddy doesn't like having dandelions in the lawn."  (Even though it's a bit of a lost cause.)

She gets very thoughtful for a moment, then walks over to the fence, pops her head between the fence boards and blows the dandelion into the neighbor's yard.   

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1208 on: May 02, 2014, 08:08:40 PM »
Took Grandson#2 (age 15) to the doctor to get a refill on one of his meds yesterday.  We were discussing the medication, and he says "Yeah, it makes me feel better.  Of course, maybe it's just a gazebo instead of the real thing!"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

kckgirl

« Reply #1209 on: May 03, 2014, 06:32:47 AM »
Took Grandson#2 (age 15) to the doctor to get a refill on one of his meds yesterday.  We were discussing the medication, and he says "Yeah, it makes me feel better.  Of course, maybe it's just a gazebo instead of the real thing!"

Where's that LIKE button when we need it?
Maryland

pwv

« Reply #1210 on: May 05, 2014, 10:25:37 PM »
My 2yo niece was sitting near me while we were eating dinner.  She coughed a few times and looked at me expectantly.  When I didn't do anything, she walked over to stand by me and coughed again, so I patted her on her back.  She then fake-coughed several more times and I patted her back each time.   Later I coughed while I was eating, so she walked over to me and patted me on my back.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1211 on: May 06, 2014, 12:41:23 AM »
My 3-year-old was unloading the dishwasher when the bottom tray came off its track.  She ran to me for help.  "Mommy, Mommy, the dishwasher escaped its cage!"

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1212 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »
Youngest pirate's pronunciations really make me giggle at times.  He's trying to learn the names of the various Thomas the Tank Engine characters.

Thomas: "Tummus"
Gordon: sounds about right
Harold: Hawold

But when he tries to say Emily it reminds me of Nemo trying to pronounce "Anemone" and ends up "Nemonie" or Mememonie" and I'm tempted to say "Okay kid, don't hurt yourself."

Emily is "Ellie". Thomas is Thomas. Percy is "Pussy".  ;D
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1213 on: May 06, 2014, 08:53:50 AM »
Yesterday before we left for choir rehearsal, the littlest one put on a baseball helmet that was way too big for him and started singing "Let It Go"

"Wet it go! Wet it go! *understandable* ack anymore! Wet it go, wet it go...I donno da west!"

I'm also trying to teach him to sing "My Wild Irish Rose."

Which tends to go "Wiwld Iwish woooose! Seedest fower dat goooooes!  Neeneanywawer, wif wiwld Iwish wooooooooose!"

I really want to record him singing these but anytime I aim my camera at him he goes out of frame because he wants to see how he looks...only he doesn't seem to get that if he's looking at the display, there's no one in front of the camera.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1214 on: May 06, 2014, 03:20:24 PM »
My 5-year-old *loves* to sing, and she has these really inventive songs that she'll do.  She actually has a bit of a tune to it, and she'll tell a whole story.  Like, she'll summarize the entire gospel in a song.  It's hilariously cute.  She never seems to do it when I have the camera ready, too.

I saw one of those videos where they have kids tell a story and then the dads act it out, and it was the Bible story about the rich man who was in debt to the king, and the poor man who was in debt to the rich man.  When the rich man is trying to convince the king to forgive his debt, he asks him to "let it go"... which then causes the kids to both break into song, singing "Let it go!"  It's so funny.  Apparently the singing convinces the king to be lenient.  So then the rich man goes to the poor man and asks him to pay him back, and the poor man (voiced by a very young boy) tries to sing "Let it go!" too... and he says, "Uh... I don't know any more words," and the rich man doesn't forgive him.  It's hilarious.