A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Kids say the funniest things

<< < (242/271) > >>

lilfox:
DD was bouncing off the walls this weekend, running all through the house.  I said something to her about calming down and she said, "I can't, I'm in free cat mode!"

Yeah, apparently she's been mis-hearing me every time I talk about one of our cats darting around with sudden bursts of energy, a state commonly referred to as "freak-out mode."

Piratelvr1121:
I think my 2 year old has discovered mama's singing voice isn't the best.  We were singing the chorus of "Wild Irish Rose" or at least what I know of it and he put his little hand over my mouth and said "No no no!" Then started singing it by himself.  Anytime I tried to sing he said "No no no!"

Either that or he really did just want to try to sing it himself.

Frog24:
We were wandering out in the yard last weekend, and DD1 (3.5 y.o) picks up a fluffy dandelion and says: "Look what I can do, mom!"

"Wait, dear!" I say. "I know you like blowing those, but each little bit of fluff carries a dandelion seed. When the seed lands on the grass, it grows into a plant, and you know how daddy doesn't like having dandelions in the lawn."  (Even though it's a bit of a lost cause.)

She gets very thoughtful for a moment, then walks over to the fence, pops her head between the fence boards and blows the dandelion into the neighbor's yard.   

Elfmama:
Took Grandson#2 (age 15) to the doctor to get a refill on one of his meds yesterday.  We were discussing the medication, and he says "Yeah, it makes me feel better.  Of course, maybe it's just a gazebo instead of the real thing!"

kckgirl:

--- Quote from: Elfmama on May 02, 2014, 08:08:40 PM ---Took Grandson#2 (age 15) to the doctor to get a refill on one of his meds yesterday.  We were discussing the medication, and he says "Yeah, it makes me feel better.  Of course, maybe it's just a gazebo instead of the real thing!"

--- End quote ---

Where's that LIKE button when we need it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version