Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 202620 times)

parrot_girl

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1290 on: September 03, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »
silly conversation from this morning, while driving with Toddler Budgie in the back:
TB: "What noise do chickens make?"
Me: "Bock bock bock werk!"
TB: "Noooo!"
Me: "What noise do you think chickens make?"
TB: "Ding dong! Dey ringin a doorbell!"
Me: "The chickens are ringing the doorbell?! Why?!"
TB: "Dey want to come in! Ding dong! Bock bock!"

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1291 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:09 AM »
lol, parrot_girl, that's hilarious!  I love that.  He sounds very clever and fun.

The other day, my kids were talking amongst themselves while they were eating breakfast.

Jenny (5): "When I grow up, I want to live in Maryland!"       (Grandparents live there, hence the appeal.)
Emily (7): "When I grow up, I want to live in South Africa!"        (She wants to get a job working with bushbabies.)
Charlotte (4): "When I grow up, I want to live in Narnia!"

Ah, so do I, Charlotte, so do I.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1292 on: September 03, 2014, 11:45:54 AM »
My DS, on Monday, after I baked banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins.

"Mom, these taste ... healthy" Fortunately for me, I love them.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #1293 on: September 03, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »
If anyone needs me, I will be in Narnia with Charlotte. :D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1294 on: September 04, 2014, 09:12:29 AM »
We have rechristened the washing machine.

DS: Mummy, please where is wash bean?
Me: Sorry?
DS: Wash bean??
Me: What??

After 20 minutes of the carry on, he shows me (drags me) into the kitchen and points..."TA DAAAA. Wash bean!!" It was the washing machine.

8)
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

crella

« Reply #1295 on: September 04, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »
I love the 'TA-DAAAA', too!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1296 on: September 04, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »
 Grandson2 was about 2 1/2 when he hollered TA-DAAA about something.  His mother gave him an evil look and said "Do you know  what we do to little boys who shout TA-DAAAA?" His eyes got big and he said "No..."     :-\      "THIS!" and she grabbed him and gave him about a dozen big, noisy kisses.

He spent the next year or more shouting TA-DAAA for no particular reason at all. ;D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1297 on: September 05, 2014, 12:45:56 AM »
My DS, on Monday, after I baked banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins.

"Mom, these taste ... healthy" Fortunately for me, I love them.

Haha! Mind posting the recipe? They sound absolutely delicious!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1298 on: September 05, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »
It's the oatmeal variation of this recipe at the link, but with three mashed bananas and mini chocolate chips added. They are delicious. I only used a tablespoon of oil. They are portable and delicious oatmeal muffins for breakfast.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/basic-muffins-with-berry-and-oatmeal-versions-recipe

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1299 on: September 05, 2014, 09:38:02 AM »
My newly-4-year-old was playing with her 1-year-old sister with some baby toys a few minutes ago.  She was sort of fiddling with this little train set, then she started muttering to herself, "By God, I have had it with this Congress!  For ten years King George and his parliament have diddled..." <trails off>

When she first started with the "By God" I was a little horrified, but when I realized what she was referencing (the movie 1776) I was internally laughing my head off.  Apparently my 4-year-old identifies with John Adams' frustration with Congress.  :)

Browyn

« Reply #1300 on: September 05, 2014, 04:07:51 PM »
So I am supervising DS (age 9) homework and explaining he needed an ampersand (&) not an at (@). He is confused and I state that punctuation marks have names.

His reply? OK, I am naming that one Tom.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1301 on: September 07, 2014, 05:42:11 PM »
Piratebabe has taken to doing the "Da...dah...dahhhh!" in the style of the sloth from The Croods.  Just tickles me everytime he does it, but mostly cause he actually has pretty good timing with it.  I can't remember exactly what happened but after we watched the movie there was another occasion where there was a pause after something seemingly ominous and he says "Da...dah...Daaaaaaaah!"

Last weekend I was visiting my bff, who is also Piratebabe's godmother and she will often say "That's my baby!! Mine!!" When I got home and Dh was driving home from the station, I was telling him about that.

Me: So she said "my baby! Mine!"
Piratebabe: Mine?
Me: Yes, Nana N said you're her baby.
Piratebabe: *Thinks, nods* Ahhhh....okay! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Awestruck Shmuck

« Reply #1302 on: September 08, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »
Hahahaha, these stories are fantastic. My niece (who is 15), was 2 when she would "cracktise her bayancing" by walking on straight lines, or by climbing on the balance beam at the park, or whatever she could haul herself up on to. We thought she meant 'practicing her balancing', until she explained to Grandma that she was 'cracktising not to crack her head' - which someone had told her would happen with her tendancy to climb things!

My little sister was about 5, and mad as hell, at our mother, for something (mum is Rosemary, but dislikes it - preferring Rose). The meanest thing my sister could think of to say was. You. Are. Roseby! with hand on hip and shaking with something like fury. She rushed off in floods of tears, and had to be consoled as if she had committed a mortal sin, poor love. But my mum has been called 'Roseby' in any time of minor annoyance, by all us kids, for the last 20 years, so it got some good milage!! :o   

Another funny, was my friends Miss 3, who is capable of thee most incredible conversations and observations. She obviously overheard her mum and I talking about the fact that my husband and I are TTC. Miss 3 has pointed out to me more than once, that my husband will be a "lovely daddy", but if I ever try cooking for him, the baby will run away and live with George. (Calombaris, one of the judges on the Australian Masterchef show). Because I filled the kitchen with smoke (once!!) when she visited. I'm not sure that she doesnt have a point, I am a terrible cook, and my husband is an early childhood teacher  :-[

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1303 on: September 08, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »
My coworker just told me this one...

Her 4 year old nephew is into cars, like his dad.  He saw a car and heard the name 'Mustang' so asked his mom what it was.  Mom told him it was a car made by Ford.  Little wheels turned, smoke came out his ears...  'Rob Ford, mummy?'

(For those who don't know, Rob Ford is the current, rather infamous, mayor of Toronto.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Jones

« Reply #1304 on: September 13, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
Had my little guy in a button up shirt and suspenders, he heard DH and me talking about bow ties, specifically the one that matches his suspenders.

"No Who!" He cried. "No, no Who today!"