Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 185128 times)

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2011, 04:58:35 AM »
A little funny from this evening....

My BIL and SIL were visiting this evening with my 2yo nephew. They're very much into identifying colors and numbers and stuff right now, so my BIL was playing with my nephew and dog and asking him what the dog's name was.

BIL: What's his name, Aiden?
Aiden: Mu-ki (Mudkips)
BIL: MUD-KIPS
Aiden: Mu-ki
BIL: MUD-KIPS
Aiden: Mu-Ki
BIL: No, MUD-KIPS, say it, Aiden, MUD-KIPS
Aiden: Dog

We giggled for bit. It's one to get around that troublesome pronunciation ;D

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »
I remember having a *very* entertaining Passover dinner with my relatives once when LittlePenguin was about 2.  We would ask her to pronounce things like "matzoh" and "Manishevitz" (sp?) and "gefilte fish."  She got really into it and would shout the words happily when we asked her to.

ToddlerPenguin is just too sophisticated.  She won't pronounce *anything* you ask her to, or even repeat words when you tell her what something is.  She'll say things in her own good time, and that's it.  Bah.

At least BabyPenguin still squeaks on command.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
"Daddy, want to eat lots and lots and go round and round and round very fast and go *bleah* [include hand motion and great sound effect here] and have vomit come out of mouth and go all over floor and mommy clean it up?"

(I think this is a result of Babybartfast wanting DH to twirl her around right after dinner and DH trying to explain it will make them both sick if he tries . . .)

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
When I was 4 years old, there was this TV show that had a special episode in Acapulco.

My grandparents owned a condo at a local beach.

One day I said: "This Sunday, I do not want to go to Anvil Beach. I want to go to Acapulco!".

And then my folks enlightened me that Acapulco was in Mexico!!!

And I have yet to go to Acapulco- only Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, and Tulum in Mexico.
I have pet mice!

kajunchick

« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2011, 10:10:52 AM »
Last night my 2YO was sitting on my lap, and he stuck his hand down my shirt and said, "I got you boobs!" I told him to stop it, and he grabbed my shirt and said, "Gimme those boobs!" and started killing himself laughing. I can see where this might be a problem when he gets older.  ;D
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

deadbody

« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
My wife worked in an after school facility for a little while and had a child of about 9 do that a couple times.  He'd touch her and then say "I touched your boob."  She talked to the parents and all that stuff.

After she told me that sotry I still have to do it every once in a while.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
My DD was telling me how she split up with her boyfriend! (Boyfriend! She's 9. :o)

Apparently she sat him down and broke it to him gently. 'We have to break up. It's not me, it's you.'
I asked if that shouldn't be the other way round. She replied 'But it is his fault. He's a jerk. He doesn't understand the offside rule and thinks rugby is rubbish.'

I'm glad she has such high standards (I think)! ;D

Yeah, he's obviously not good enough for your daughter.

I, for one, find her breakup style refreshingly straightforward. She could give lessons.  ;D
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Enigmatism

« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2011, 11:59:39 AM »
DD's teacher had them all write out a nice thing that they liked about each other (anonymously).

Her classmates said some lovely things about DD.
'You have beautiful hair'
'You are funny'
'You play with me and make me feel not left out' etc  ;D

Two gems:
'You have many times brung the happiness'
and
'You can burp ABC'  ::)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2011, 02:52:56 PM »
We were having a dinner meal one night of a style we like to call "FFY" - or "fend for yourself".
A wide assortment of leftovers were on the counter.

DS walked up to the leftovers, raised his hands a-la Moses and boomed out "Make me..a sandwich!"

Yeah. Didn't work.
He still had to make his own supper. :)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
One of my cousins started calling the disposal garberator (garbage eater)

Sis it snowed in Houston I was 5 or 6 so she was 3 -Mommy this nasty stuff keeps falling out of the sky on my coat.

I'm driving with both Loren and Brett in back. This idiot decides he is going to slide across a very crowded I10. I have to slam on the brakes to avoid him hitting me. Me are you all ok. Loren Yes he's a bad driver. Brett Daddy should have driven Dad drives fast. (yes he drives very fast)

Me seatbelts was beltseats

Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
The natural place for a farmer to store his hay is in a halo, right?  (I didn't get "halo" and "silo" straight for a very long time - and I lived in a rural enough part of the country that I saw a LOT of "halos" on a regular basis.)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
My young son watching me fix the baby's bottle of formula:
Son, looking puzzled:  What's that?
Me:  Formula
Son, brightening: For ME la?
Me:  No. Form U la.
Son hopefully:  For ME la? 
Me:  No.  Form U la.
I forget how long this went on, but I'm sure I let it go on and on because it was so funny.

I was in the kitchen and asked someone to close the window above the sink, because, "There's a draft coming in".  My three year old daughter literally climbed up me and clung to my neck crying hysterically because she thought I said 'graiffe', not 'draft'.

I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

kajunchick

« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
I was in the kitchen and asked someone to close the window above the sink, because, "There's a draft coming in".  My three year old daughter literally climbed up me and clung to my neck crying hysterically because she thought I said 'graiffe', not 'draft'.

That is so cute! :)LOL
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2011, 07:40:51 AM »

I'd be psyched if a giraffe was coming in!  :D
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »

I'd be psyched if a giraffe was coming in!  :D

We live right by a zoo - our bedroom window overlooks the back grounds, and we see giraffes every time we go over a bridge to get home. We've hand-fed them Romaine lettuce (the keeper gave it to us with permission), so we have a great fondness for them.

And a second-story window they're welcome to stick their heads in should they ever want to visit.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)