Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 207547 times)

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
This morning DD (22 months) saw me stub my toe and yell "ow ow ow, my toe!" She immediately ran up to DH and started crying, holding out her foot and saying, "toe! toe!" I don't know whether to be pleased that she's showing empathy or miffed that she's making my pain all about her.  :P
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Nora

« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011, 06:56:58 PM »
Found myself singing "Du kan ikke alltid fĺ det du řnsker deg" (had to mangle it on the fly) on the bus today. Kid wanted pancakes for dinner. Wasn't happening.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Amber

« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »
I am six months pregnant right now.  My four year old told me that I need to lose some pounds. I just giggled and told her that when the baby is born I will lose some weight. 

#1aunt

« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2011, 10:45:17 AM »
A couple of years ago my BF was talking to my then-4-year-old niece at her brother's birthday party.

BF: I heard you have a birthday coming up soon.
Niece: Yep.
BF:  When is your birthday?
Niece: Umm...When I turn 5.
BF: And when do you 5?
Niece: On my birthday!

kajunchick

« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »
Last night my mom was telling the kids a story about a boa constrictor. It goes, "Oh no, it's up to my toe, Oh my, it's up to my thigh, etc.

My 4YO niece, Sarah, says, "I know a story about a bear. Oh my, he's riding by bike. Oh no, he's eating my family."
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

Maujer

« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »
Last night my mom was telling the kids a story about a boa constrictor. It goes, "Oh no, it's up to my toe, Oh my, it's up to my thigh, etc.

My 4YO niece, Sarah, says, "I know a story about a bear. Oh my, he's riding by bike. Oh no, he's eating my family."

This made me laugh out loud at work. Amazing.

faithlessone

« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
Just remembered one!

I was baby-sitting my cousins (Tilly - 2 and Tabby - 5) a few weeks ago. It was a couple of days after the Royal Wedding (Prince William and Kate Middleton). Tabby is at primary school, and they had had a big party to celebrate.

Tabby found a white lacy table-cloth, and was parading round the living-room with it over her head (veil-style), forcing Tilly to hold the other end.

"I'm a bride," she said. "Like the princess."

I asked her who she was marrying.

She tipped her head to one side, considered the question for a long while, and then said, "Anyone who'll have me."

I had to leave the room before I totally cracked up!

Íkorna

« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »

This made me laugh out loud at work. Amazing.

I laughed out loud as well! That's hilarious.

Pinky830

« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
8 year old daughter was playing with the compass app on DH's phone, spinning it rapidly around and around.

DH: "Ellen! Stop! You'll mess up the polarity of the earth!"

Ellen, dead serious: "Oh, sorry."

norrina

« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
DBF's 10 y.o. son and I were at the beach the other day when a wedding took place. This apparently puts kiddo in the frame of mind of thinking of weddings and wedding-related matters, because he suddenly ponders, "You know where the perfect place to propose would be?" Then he stops, tells me, "I'm not going to tell you Norrina!" and proceeds to go whisper in his dad's ear.

bookworm317

• Proud child of the 80's
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »
DBF's 10 y.o. son and I were at the beach the other day when a wedding took place. This apparently puts kiddo in the frame of mind of thinking of weddings and wedding-related matters, because he suddenly ponders, "You know where the perfect place to propose would be?" Then he stops, tells me, "I'm not going to tell you Norrina!" and proceeds to go whisper in his dad's ear.

Get your DBF to spill the beans. We, your fellow e-hellions, MUST know!

norrina

« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »

Get your DBF to spill the beans. We, your fellow e-hellions, MUST know!

I have an idea that if kiddo's perfect proposal location is feasible DBF will actually use the idea when the time comes. So my guess is he isn't going to tell me. ;-)

Edit/Update: I went ahead and asked DBF just in case he would say. The perfect proposal in the mind of a 10 y.o. boy occurs whilst descending during a skydive. If DBF could convince me to go skydiving with him in the first place, I'm pretty sure I would be too preoccupied with trying not to soil myself to register a marriage proposal, let alone respond to it.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:49:10 AM by norrina »

MizB

« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
Thats too funny Norrina.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

kajunchick

« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2011, 11:49:48 AM »
Another one from my niece: she walked into our yard holding candy. My DD asked, "Are you got three of them?" (to share) and Niece replied, "DO you got three of them!"  ;D

Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2011, 12:53:18 AM »
Today my son, 13, informed me that he needs a Twitter account so he can twit.  He was completely serious.  I think I deserve extra good mommy points for not laugh and no he isn't going to be on Twitter.