Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 220598 times)

Momsalwaysright!

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2012, 07:53:14 PM »
When my kids were little, my mantra was "Because I am the mother, that's why."  I used it liberally.

One day, I was sitting in the living room with a huge basket of laundry to fold.  I suddenly realized that all four of my children, who were all perfectly capable of folding laundry, were also in the living room watching TV.  I said, "What's wrong with this picture?  Why am I the one doing all the work?"  DD#3 immediately responded, "Because you're the mother, that's why."

Nikko-chan

« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »
Today in class one of my classmates mentioned how one of her sons was playing with her hair the other day.

He said. "Hey mom! You have blonde hair, and brown hair, and silver hair."

:D

KimChi

« Reply #407 on: March 22, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »
When I was little, my grandparents used to love having me sing "Oh My Darlin'" to them. One day, we were out shopping, Grandma was pushing me in the cart, I'm around 2 or 3, and she tells me sing for her. So, I sing.  She says, "Sing louder!" so I sing louder. She says, "Sing louder!" I say, "I AM singing louder, d**n it!"
In case of zombie apocalypse, keep calm and hide behind Daryl Dixon.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #408 on: March 22, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »
A coworker told me her grandbaby is frequently told she needs to focus and one day the little girl said "I AM focuna!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

shygirl

« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
I'm sure I could post a lot of things in this thread, but so far my 1 year old son doesn't use words known in the English language.  He "talks" a lot though!  I have no idea what he's telling/asking me.

We've been teaching him sign language so he can communicate with us in a civilized manner, instead of just falling down and wailing.  He does a good job of picking up new signs, and somewhat of a good job of using them at appropriate times.

This week, it seems he taught himself a new sign.  He's started to point at his butt when he has a poopy diaper.  Half the time, he complains when I actually go to change his diaper, so I guess he just wanted me to know that there's poop in his diaper.  Not that he wants it to be changed.

I hope he starts actually talking soon, so I can post in this thread!

crella

« Reply #410 on: March 27, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
That's funny. I know what you mean about talking a lot but not in any language we know ;D granddaughter (9 months) babbles all day but it's anybody's guess what she's saying. We have 'Ba!!' 'Uba!' 'Mba' that it's clear are different, but....???? 'Mba' appears to be a greeting ;D ;D ;D

Edited a typo.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:02:34 PM by crella »

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #411 on: March 27, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
That's funny. I know what you mean about talking a lot but not in any language we know ;D granddaughter (9 months) babbles all day but it's anybody's guess what she's saying. We have 'Ba!!' 'Uba!' 'Mba' that it's clear are different, but....???? 'Mba' appears to be a greeting ;D ;D ;D

Edited a typo.
When Elfqueen was a toddler and babbled about her 'ba' she meant her special blanket.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
« Reply #412 on: March 28, 2012, 04:57:24 AM »
Woman on the train today with her toddler. The kid is just about talking and can be quite hard to understand.
EG: "enog baka" turned out to be "there's a big bird"  ;) You know when they're at that stage where parents are the only ones who can interpret and even then only sometimes

So the doors close and at the same time the engine grumbles and it sounds rather odd. Little girl turns to her mother "mama id ou fart?" This was the clearest thing she'd said the whole journey and her mother could not understand.

Mother: "We're on a dart?"
Child: "mama id ou fart?"
Mother "Is what fat?"
Child (increasingly irratated and getting louder each time): "id ou FART!"

I was trying not to laugh
Ireland
Check out my handmade cards -
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsnCraftsbyCarol

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #413 on: March 28, 2012, 05:54:59 AM »
Today in class one of my classmates mentioned how one of her sons was playing with her hair the other day.

He said. "Hey mom! You have blonde hair, and brown hair, and silver hair."

:D

Reminds me of my dd2 telling me that everyone in the family had curly hair. Now my hair is extremely curly, but my DH is bald. So she says "I have curly hair, she has curly hair, her sister has curly hair and Dad has curly hair". I ask where that curly hair is, and she replies "on his chest" Phew dodged a bullet there.  :o

Victoria

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #414 on: March 28, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »
One night at dinner time my parents were talking about going to college and some of the interesting things that went on there during the early 70's.  There was one thing they made sure we knew that they never did, but witnessed plenty of.

The next day my kid brother (he's 8 years my junior) "Tarantula" (so named here because he once told the whole 1st grade class that was his middle name) goes in and has this conversation with his teacher.

Tarantula: Mrs. S, have you ever gone screeching?
Mrs. S.: I'm sorry, screeching? You mean yelling?
Tarantula: No, not that, I mean did you ever go screeching, like you know, running around naked in public!

Yes, my parents told us about streaking at the dinner table.  *facepalm* There was some justice though in that when it got back to them that he'd told his teacher about this, their faces turned beet red.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

lilfox

« Reply #415 on: March 30, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
 I had no idea that "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Little Bunny Foo-Foo" had such similar tunes until DD mashed them into "Itsy Bitsy Foo-foo."  For some reason, that phrase always makes me giggle.  Then she asks me to sing "Itsy Bitsy Foo-foo" and gets mad because I'm singing it 'wrong', but the "Spider" or "Little Bunny" versions are also 'wrong'.

crella

« Reply #416 on: March 30, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »
I like that!

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #417 on: March 30, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »
One night at dinner time my parents were talking about going to college and some of the interesting things that went on there during the early 70's.  There was one thing they made sure we knew that they never did, but witnessed plenty of.

The next day my kid brother (he's 8 years my junior) "Tarantula" (so named here because he once told the whole 1st grade class that was his middle name) goes in and has this conversation with his teacher.

Tarantula: Mrs. S, have you ever gone screeching?
Mrs. S.: I'm sorry, screeching? You mean yelling?
Tarantula: No, not that, I mean did you ever go screeching, like you know, running around naked in public!

Yes, my parents told us about streaking at the dinner table.  *facepalm* There was some justice though in that when it got back to them that he'd told his teacher about this, their faces turned beet red.

Wahaha!
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #418 on: April 17, 2012, 08:06:10 AM »
Friend to 3 year old daughter: What are you doing to that molehill?
3yr old: Digging for fish!

Separate conversation with same child:
3yr old: What are you doing Mommy?
Friend:  Working.
3yr old: Can you read me some of your work?
Friend: <reads paragraph out of report she's writing>
3yr old: <pats friend on leg> I'm sorry about your boring work, Mommy.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:08:20 AM by WolfWench »
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

blueyzca01

« Reply #419 on: April 17, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
I was in the grocery store with my sister and her 2 daughters, 11 and 7.  We were purchasing specific ingredients for a spinach salad, and my 11 year-old niece was explaining the differences between the types of cheeses that we could use. 

“After all, Aunt Blueyz, it’s all about presentation.  And I cannot presentate without fresh mozzarella!”
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:05:26 PM by blueyzca01 »
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.