A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Kids say the funniest things

<< < (109/282) > >>

hobish:

--- Quote from: Elisabunny on November 20, 2012, 08:14:00 PM ---My 6-year-old DD has been playing Stupid Zombies on the Kindle.  So now she's squealing, "The dead bats are SOOOO cute!"

--- End quote ---

I love that game.

--- Quote from: Bluenomi on November 20, 2012, 10:48:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on November 20, 2012, 10:00:07 PM ---While searching for something non-mind-numbing to watch with Babybartfast (age 4) today, I stumbled across the Avengers cartoon on Netflix.  She's watching quietly, absorbing the story, then announces "Look mom!  He [Iron Man] has BREASTS!"

Yeah, his costume in the cartoon does have pretty clearly defined pectorals, but everything Babybartfast knows about breasts she learned from me feeding Bittybartfast, so . . .

--- End quote ---

DD got to milk a cow when we were visiting a farm recently and was a bit reluctant until she was told the udder was the cow's boobies. Now she tells everyone she got to milk the cow's boobies  ;D

--- End quote ---

I used to work at a 4H camp way back when. Some of the inner city kids really never put together that's where milk comes from. Watching them freak out over cow boobies remains one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I can't help but smile just thinking about it.

Piratelvr1121:
I love watching Ellen, and even DVR it, and as a result my kids and DH love her show too, but the two oldest have been after me for weeks "Mom record this funny thing we're doing and maybe we'll get to be on Ellen!"  "Send this joke to Ellen for Classic Joke Tuesday!" "I just saw a sign, send it to Ellen!" "Tell Ellen I want to meet her, and Sophia Grace and Rosie, too!"

After they were taught to play spades and allowed to join in on the traditional holiday game on Thanksgiving, Pirateboy1 has been obsessed with playing spades...and then he found out Ellen has playing cards in her store.  Guess what he wants now?

Funny thing is, Pirateboy2 has started teasing him for having a crush on Ellen by singing the "K-I-S-S-I-N-G" song.  I said "Um, you remember Ellen is married right? To a woman? Not to mention she's in her 50's, even if she doesn't look it." "Pirateboy1 and Ellen, sitting in a tree! H-U-G-G-I-N-G!"

Slartibartfast:
Relayed to me by my MIL today:

She and Babybartfast were playing at her house with Babybartfast's little plastic cash register, pretending to shop for groceries for Babybartfast's baby doll.  MIL put a toy milk carton in the basket, but Babybartfast corrected her: "No, Grandma, babies can't have milk!  They can only have milk from breasts!  [pause]  You can pretend you have breasts if you want, though."

(MIL is about my height but I have 20 pounds and about three cup sizes on her . . .)

CrochetFanatic:
I just remembered a cute story my dad told us last year.  He's really tall, a little on the heavy side, and has a beard with a lot more salt than pepper.  In retrospect, it was oh-so-obvious...

Anyway, for whatever reason, we had an extra turkey last year, and he was dropping it off at a friend's house just days before Thanksgiving.  As he was leaving, one of the neighbor's little girls, who must have been about four years old, started grinning and waving to him.  "Santa?!  Hi, Santa!  Hi, Santa!"  My dad grinned and waved back before getting into his car and driving off.  He loves to tell that story.  ;D

CakeEater:

--- Quote from: CrochetFanatic on December 01, 2012, 01:45:44 AM ---I just remembered a cute story my dad told us last year.  He's really tall, a little on the heavy side, and has a beard with a lot more salt than pepper.  In retrospect, it was oh-so-obvious...

Anyway, for whatever reason, we had an extra turkey last year, and he was dropping it off at a friend's house just days before Thanksgiving.  As he was leaving, one of the neighbor's little girls, who must have been about four years old, started grinning and waving to him.  "Santa?!  Hi, Santa!  Hi, Santa!"  My dad grinned and waved back before getting into his car and driving off.  He loves to tell that story.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Super cute!

My little one was sitting in church  this week, and must have noticed the enormous cross hanging from the ceiling at the front. She gestures with her finger and says, "Down and across - it's a 't'!"

She hasn't quite grasped all the particulars of our religion, yet.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version