Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 187446 times)

mmswm

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #645 on: February 06, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »
Youngest DS has several metal plates and screws in multiple joints.  His doctors are discussing two additional procedures which will require additional metal implants. He was discussing this with my youngest brother.

Brother: You're the bionic boy!
DS:  If I get any more metal implants, I'm going to be a Borg.

Ummm, yeah.  Nobody in this house is a Star Trek fan.  Nope, not at all.

LOL!! Not at all.  He's cute and sounds like he has a good attitude about it. :)

Most of the time :)  Of course, like any kid who has to deal with stuff like this, he does have his moments, but for the most part, he tries to have a sense of humor about it.  I should tell you about the time he was trying to see if he could get magnets to stick to his hip...
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #646 on: February 07, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »
Youngest DS has several metal plates and screws in multiple joints.  His doctors are discussing two additional procedures which will require additional metal implants. He was discussing this with my youngest brother.

Brother: You're the bionic boy!
DS:  If I get any more metal implants, I'm going to be a Borg.

Ummm, yeah.  Nobody in this house is a Star Trek fan.  Nope, not at all.

LOL!! Not at all.  He's cute and sounds like he has a good attitude about it. :)

Most of the time :)  Of course, like any kid who has to deal with stuff like this, he does have his moments, but for the most part, he tries to have a sense of humor about it.  I should tell you about the time he was trying to see if he could get magnets to stick to his hip...

My uncle got a plate on his skull somehow. We used to sneak up on him with the fridge magnets and try to put them on his plate.

He didn't tell me until i was grown that half the time we were on the wrong side

Sheila Take a Bow

• Formerly arija but I felt like a name change.
« Reply #647 on: February 07, 2013, 07:25:36 PM »
We were at a book signing for Mo Willems, and my daughter had drawn a picture to give to him.

The Kid:  I drew a picture for you.  [She hands him the picture.]  It's a girl pigeon.
Mo [pointing at a drawing of his pigeon]:  How do you know this isn't a girl pigeon?
The Kid [with an "oh, you silly adult" tone, pointing at her drawing]:  This one has eyelashes.

Mo laughed.

Jones

« Reply #648 on: February 07, 2013, 07:53:07 PM »
My dad and my little brother, we'll call him Brian, approx. age 3 at the time

Dad: Brian, stop dropping those screws! I need them.
Brian: No drop, they run away. (pause) Why they run away Daddy? Don't they like Brian?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #649 on: February 07, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
We were at a book signing for Mo Willems, and my daughter had drawn a picture to give to him.

The Kid:  I drew a picture for you.  [She hands him the picture.]  It's a girl pigeon.
Mo [pointing at a drawing of his pigeon]:  How do you know this isn't a girl pigeon?
The Kid [with an "oh, you silly adult" tone, pointing at her drawing]:  This one has eyelashes.

Mo laughed.

Ohhhh I love those books!!  I sometimes can't even read them aloud to the kids for laughing so hard myself.  I haven't read them all but we have "The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

shygirl

« Reply #650 on: February 07, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »

Mo laughed.

That's so cute and I'm so jealous!  Mo Willems is the current favorite author in our household.  I read "Knuffle Bunny" about 15 times a day, and "Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed" another 10 times a day.  I think my 2-yo son actually has the book memorized by now.

I think Mo Willems lives in MA, and I was considering stalking him. 

But, maybe I'll just try to find out if there will be book signing close to where we live instead.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #651 on: February 10, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »
An exchange between myself and my almost-three-year-old cousin last night.

Cousin: I dropped my bink. *asked to repeat herself* I dropped my bink!  :(
Me: You dropped your bink?
Cousin: Yeah.  :( Where's my bink?
Me: *glances around* Hm...I don't know where your bink is.
Cousin: *with exaggerated patience* Well, you have to FIND it.
Me: *stifles laughter* I have to FIND it?
Cousin: Yes.  :)

She's hilarious.  ;D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #652 on: February 11, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »
Last night Piratebabe had me cracking up because he was remind me of Matt Foley the motivational speaker. I wish I could have caught it on video.  Pirateboy2 didn't get it, having never seen the skit before.

But the little guy was wearing a button down blue shirt he'd worn to church and jeans and was standing in front of the couch with his legs apart, facing us with his hands together as though he was holding an invisible ball.

Piratebabe:  Ah-dadadadaDA!!! EEEEK!!! *giggled, put his hands down by his side and brought them back together again as though holding a ball and moved them up and down.*
Me: Oh really?
Piratebabe: *nodding and doing his chattery chipmunk giggle* Ah nananana!! Ah gagaBANOBA!! *doing the hand thing again and bouncing*
Me: Really? Living in a van down by the river?
Piratebabe: *chipmunk giggle*

This is what the chipmunk giggle sounds like.  Never, ever fails to make me laugh, so between this and the unintentional Chris Farley impersonation, it was hysterical.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktrLHbAh12Y
Or sometimes it sounds like this too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93kuCabV4jQ
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:03:07 PM by Piratelvr1121 »
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #653 on: February 11, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
That laugh alone would have had me losing it!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #654 on: February 12, 2013, 04:42:04 AM »
Babybartfast helpfully explained metamorphosis to me today.  Caterpillars go in cocoons and change into butterflies, then the butterflies go to Sunday School and turn into fairies and their wings become visible (???).  This was accompanied by much jumping around, "flying" with her invisible butterfly wings, and waving her fairy wand.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #655 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:03 AM »
Heehee! How old is she again, Slarti? I used to love talking to my young cousins because the conversations were just like that and it always amused me!

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #656 on: February 12, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »
She'll be five this summer - I can't believe we're having to scout out kindergartens already!

mmswm

« Reply #657 on: February 12, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
Too cute. That reminds me of when my youngest, at three years old explained that rained because god was washing the dirty clouds with a garden hose.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #658 on: February 12, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »

"I have THREE BABY SISTERS!  But only one is real."

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #659 on: February 12, 2013, 05:21:20 PM »
Such cute babies!!! (Especially the real one ;))

My DS is about the same age, he'll be 5 in the fall.
He knows that I am allergic to cats, and that he can't have a kitty, even though his cousin has one. So, the other day, the Baby was crawling around and making little noises that sounded like a cat mewling. DS had been jumping around, like a loon, when he suddenly stopped. He walked toward me, very calmly and seriously and told me "Mom, just don't freak out, but I think that something you are allergic to broke into the house. You wait here and I will find the cat and get it out of here. Ok?" He was patting my arm, and being very reassuring. He did conduct a very thorough search for the 'cat' even though I tried to explain it was his little brother
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz