A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Kids say the funniest things

<< < (141/276) > >>

Piratelvr1121:
Today for lunch I made a tasty tuna and cheese sandwich from a recipe I found on Pinterest that, instead of using mayo, uses Greek yogurt with a bit of Worcestershire sauce.  VERY good.

Well the Pirate babe had finished his lunch but since apparently he has a bottomless stomach, he came over to the trunk we use as a coffee table and leaned on his elbows, his chin resting on his little fist and big blue eyes fixed on my sandwich.  He straightened up and giggled (he knows he's cute) then bent over again and this time rested his chin on both fists, smiling at my sandwich. 

He kept doing that until I finally let him have a bit of it.  He loved it, to judge by he was devouring it but when I asked him "Do you like it?" he was shaking his head.

violinp:

--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on March 05, 2013, 08:03:56 PM ---Today for lunch I made a tasty tuna and cheese sandwich from a recipe I found on Pinterest that, instead of using mayo, uses Greek yogurt with a bit of Worcestershire sauce.  VERY good.

Well the Pirate babe had finished his lunch but since apparently he has a bottomless stomach, he came over to the trunk we use as a coffee table and leaned on his elbows, his chin resting on his little fist and big blue eyes fixed on my sandwich.  He straightened up and giggled (he knows he's cute) then bent over again and this time rested his chin on both fists, smiling at my sandwich. 

He kept doing that until I finally let him have a bit of it.  He loved it, to judge by he was devouring it but when I asked him "Do you like it?" he was shaking his head.

--- End quote ---

Such a charmer!  ;D

pwv:
My niece's husband had to go out of town last week and she asked me to spend the week with her (I live several hours away) and take her kids to preschool and pick them up.  In between I could do whatever.  Her DH came home Thursday evening and after dinner I had the following conversation with her 4yo.

DD - pwv are you going to grandma's house now?
me - no, I'm going tomorrow
DD - well, daddy's home now, so you can go tonight, we don't need you anymore.

CakeBeret:
I took my son out for his birthday yesterday. He turned 3 and I wanted to do something special just the two of us. Unfortunately he was in a really odd mood and was not really pleased with anything. The restaurant gave him a free ice cream sundae, at which point he told me "I don't want it to be my birthday because I don't want ice cream."

Well, dang. What kid not only does not want it to be their birthday, but does not want ice cream either?

(He also later told me he was not having fun and did not want a birthday surprise. I really do not understand small children. At all.)

mmswm:
Some people just don't like ice cream.  My middle child once pouted because ice cream was the dessert of choice for birthdays when what he really wanted was strawberry cheesecake.  I can't remember if that was his 5th or 6th birthday, but I do know we wound up going to the Cheesecake Factory that night.

I hope your son is in a better mood today, and happy late birthday to him!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version