A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Kids say the funniest things

<< < (158/262) > >>

MommyPenguin:

--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on April 24, 2013, 11:07:30 AM ---We had a handyman come fix the back door last week.  Babybartfast - ever helpful - earnestly told him if he was hungry he could eat some of the cheerios Bittybartfast had left sitting on the floor - mommy (me) said they're from today so they're okay to eat!

He at least had the grace to turn her down politely  :P

--- End quote ---

Ah, I see she ascribes to the "24 hour rule" of Cheerio-eating.  :)

CakeEater:

--- Quote from: twiggy on April 23, 2013, 05:31:54 PM ---I've been working on homework, and keeping half an eye/ear on the kiddos while they play in the room, directly behind me. I heard lots of giggling so I figured all is well. Then I heard the distinctive sound of a velcro diaper tab being pulled off. My naked 4 year old was taking the diaper off his 9mo baby brother while my naked 2yo danced around in a circle. As I spluttered "wha...why?..where are your clothes?" DS looked at me like I'm an idiot and said "we're having naked fun." Then he proceeded to do ninja kicks while DD continued to dance.

Naked fun.....what am I going to do with this child?

--- End quote ---

So cute. There's nothing more gleeful than a toddler who has escaped from their pants! My two year old has taken to running off as soon as he's dry from the bath and running around the house yelling, 'Nudie nudie!'

His favourite book at the moment is a nativity story book. So I wrapped the towel over his head and around his shoulders the other day and he saw himself in the mirror and said, 'Pretty Mary'. That's a good story to remember for his 21st, right?  ;D

ladyknight1:
And his engagement party!

twiggy:
4yo DS just came up to me with a BIG PROBLEMtm. Here is our comversation:

DS: Mom, sister keeps coming into my nest.
Me: Your..nest?
DS: yeah, it's a special place I made just for me.
Me:oh
DS: it's in the playroom and it's made of a sleeping towel, and balls, and stuffed animals and everything. And no one is allowed in unless they say my secret code. But it's a lot of words and sister can't say it.
Me: Well, why don't you make an easier code?
DS: but then Sister will come into my nest!
Me: Ok, well, Sister is playing in the living room right now, so I don't think you have to worry about it.
DS: But Mom, I have a problem. I hate to tell you this, but my nest isn't very comfortable and it's unsanitary. I don't want to sleep there, but it's my choice and I just have to do it.
Me:  ??? um, well you don't have to sleep in your nest. How is it unsanitary?
DS: it's just a disaster.
Me: well, I can probably help you reorganize after dinner tonight.
DS: But I love my nest. You can't do it. It will be a disaster.
Me: what do you want here buddy?
DS: ummmm, a popsicle

jayhawk:

--- Quote from: twiggy on May 15, 2013, 06:09:18 PM ---4yo DS just came up to me with a BIG PROBLEMtm. Here is our comversation:

DS: Mom, sister keeps coming into my nest.
Me: Your..nest?
DS: yeah, it's a special place I made just for me.
Me:oh
DS: it's in the playroom and it's made of a sleeping towel, and balls, and stuffed animals and everything. And no one is allowed in unless they say my secret code. But it's a lot of words and sister can't say it.
Me: Well, why don't you make an easier code?
DS: but then Sister will come into my nest!
Me: Ok, well, Sister is playing in the living room right now, so I don't think you have to worry about it.
DS: But Mom, I have a problem. I hate to tell you this, but my nest isn't very comfortable and it's unsanitary. I don't want to sleep there, but it's my choice and I just have to do it.
Me:  ??? um, well you don't have to sleep in your nest. How is it unsanitary?
DS: it's just a disaster.
Me: well, I can probably help you reorganize after dinner tonight.
DS: But I love my nest. You can't do it. It will be a disaster.
Me: what do you want here buddy?
DS: ummmm, a popsicle

--- End quote ---

This is awesome on about 6 different levels!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version