Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 185665 times)

faithlessone

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 09:37:15 AM »
That's hilarious!

Which reminds me of something else.  My daughter was maybe 18 months when this happened.  She was in an especially picky phase (all of her phases since 12 months have been picky, but this one was REALLY bad).  I was finishing getting dinner out to the table and yelled to my husband from the kitchen, "Maybe the reason she won't eat chicken is that we keep seeing chickens in all her books, and she knows they're living animals."  All I heard from the dining room was gales of laughter.  I walk in and say, "What?  It's not that crazy."  He said, "Hon?  Do you know what she just did?  She just crammed five pieces of chicken into her mouth while yelling, 'Chicken!  BOK BOK BOK!'"

Ha!  Babybartfast is having a hard time sorting out "baby birds come from eggs" and "mommy cooks eggs for breakfast."  She keeps requesting eggs then not eating them, and it took a few times before DH and I figured out she was expecting to see little baby birds sitting happily in the frying pan.

Then FIL explained that the splatter on his windshield was because a bird pooped on it, and that birds poop while flying, so every time we see a bird flying we get to hear all about how it is pooping on cars  ::)

Hehe, this reminded me of something that happened last weekend. My cousin, Tilly, has just turned 2. She is obsessed with the cartoon Peppa Pig. Absolutely crazy about it. Well, our grandmother cooks a roast dinner every week for the whole family, and that week we were having pork. Our cousin May had been teaching Tilly about animals and food (like the eggs thing and the chicken thing).

So, Tilly asked what the meat was, and May said it was pig meat. All Tilly could do was point at her plate and go "Peppa? Peppa? Peppa!!!" over and over again! Poor little thing - she was utterly distraught.

Nora

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »
So, Tilly asked what the meat was, and May said it was pig meat. All Tilly could do was point at her plate and go "Peppa? Peppa? Peppa!!!" over and over again! Poor little thing - she was utterly distraught.

Peeeeeeppa PIG! Oink!  ;D
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 01:26:29 AM »
The animals/meat stories remind me of when my dad told my toddler, "There's a large frozen dead bird on the counter!"  (Turkey thawing.)   Way to go, Dad.  She won't be trying any Thanksgiving turkey now!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 01:41:27 PM »
Grandson #3, shortly before his sixth birthday last summer, told me that because he was still 5, he was full of fiveness.   After  his birthday, he would be full of sixness.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nora

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 02:01:14 PM »
Grandson #3, shortly before his sixth birthday last summer, told me that because he was still 5, he was full of fiveness.   After  his birthday, he would be full of sixness.

He sounds awesome! ;D
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

He sounds awesome! ;D

On my nephew's 10th birthday, he came into the kitchen, picked up a new jar of jam and said "I wonder if I have my 10-year-old strength yet?"

He opened the jar with a little effort and said "I do! I DO have my 10-year-old strength!"
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »

He sounds awesome! ;D
[/quote]

On my nephew's 10th birthday, he came into the kitchen, picked up a new jar of jam and said "I wonder if I have my 10-year-old strength yet?"

He opened the jar with a little effort and said "I do! I DO have my 10-year-old strength!
"
[/quote]

That made me giggle.  :)
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 06:26:02 PM »

He sounds awesome! ;D

He opened the jar with a little effort and said "I do! I DO have my 10-year-old strength![/b]"

He's 21 now. It might be time to embarrass him with this story.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Marisol

• with a parasol.
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »

He sounds awesome! ;D

He opened the jar with a little effort and said "I do! I DO have my 10-year-old strength![/b]"

He's 21 now. It might be time to embarrass him with this story.

Ask him to use his 21 year old strength for something.

snowfire

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
Send him to me!  I have a large, VERY heavy computer rack that has to go downstairs.  I'm sure I can think of other things that could use some 21 year old strength.

(Sigh, my knees have a nasty habit of reminding me, in no uncertain terms, that I'm not 21 any more....)

Pinky830

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 08:19:46 PM »
Regarding the first couple of posts, you guys would absolutely, positively not believe how many adults think their dog or cat must be a girl because it has nipples. Then when you point out as non-crudely as you can that male humans have nipples, their brains almost melt as they try to process this.

Pinky830

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »
One of my 7 year old DD's regular chores is to help me with the mopping.

The way I started out doing it was that I would do the foyer, dining room around the edges of the rug, and back hallway, and she would do the kitchen. I soon realized that the kitchen was a little too hard for her, because of the chairs, under the lip of the cabinets and so forth. So I switched with her.

The first time she did the other areas, she said, "Mom, that was a lot easier!"

"Yes, it was, wasn't it?"

She stopped, pursed her lips and tilted her head, and said thoughtfully, "Huh. So, all this time I've been doing the hard part and you've been doing the easy part. How...awkward."

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 03:19:08 PM »
I have a ton, but here are a few.

When my cousin was little, her father jumped out and scared her. Her response? "Dad, you scared me half to death! You almost scared me whole to death!"

Apparently once when I was about 3, I opened a Christmas present and said, "What the he!! is this?" In front of my grandmother.

My friend was in the car with her 2 kids listing what they were having for dinner. One thing was corn. Son: "I don't like corn." Mom: "Yes you do. You love corn." Son: "No, I don't." Mom: "Why not?" Son: "I don't know; I guess that's just the way God made me." Daughter: "God made me beautiful."

Just last night, my best friend said her husband called their 5-year-old son over, to which he responded, "Dad, call me Batman."
The status is not quo!

whatsanenigma

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »
Here's one from a while back...

My SIL was in the kitchen doing something and my brother was on the couch watching TV.

His son, who was about 4 at the time, walked up to him and said, "Watcha watching, Daddy?"

And my brother said the name of the show he was watching. "Who's The Boss?"

And my nephew said, "Mommy is. Watcha watching?"

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »
     Though I often find much of what is posted on E-Hell quite funny, this thread has been the first to make me LOL --- please someone, keep posting!  I would if I could...
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...