Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 160902 times)

stkatie00

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #510 on: August 30, 2012, 05:48:37 AM »
My 3 year old nephew calls my parents' (his grandparents) riding lawn mower "E-I-O," because he thinks it's a tractor like Old MacDonald would use on his farm!

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #511 on: September 01, 2012, 06:43:56 PM »
Sis's status on Facebook
Loren - Mommy where did my toys come from?
Brett (4.5 yo) China.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #512 on: September 01, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »
When Elfqueen was a toddler, her favorite ice cream was Neopolitan.  But being a toddler, she couldn't quite say that.  So that ice cream that is vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry is forever known in our house as Nepolopitan.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #513 on: September 02, 2012, 01:57:03 AM »
When Elfqueen was a toddler, her favorite ice cream was Neopolitan.  But being a toddler, she couldn't quite say that.  So that ice cream that is vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry is forever known in our house as Nepolopitan.

Toddler DM: It's a callapitter because all of his feet go pitter patter!  He's got so many feet!
(I have been told I said this a kajillion times)

I love the silly mispronunciations that abound with children; endless amusement!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #514 on: September 04, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
Apparently for a while I called it Napoleon ice cream, so I'm told.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #515 on: September 04, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
My daughter (age 3.5) and I were watching Tinkerbell.  About halfway through she said, "Mama, you are just like Tinkerbell!.....except you need to wear a dress and it needs to be short and it needs to be green.....and you need to fly."

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #516 on: September 04, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
I just told my 10 year old daughter that it was a good thing she's smart.  She replied: Yes it's a blessing and a curse.

MissRose

« Reply #517 on: September 06, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
My niece apparently gets a bit gassy from time to time.  So when I smelled a certain odor, and noticed the window of my car in the back was opened, she told me proudly that she farted.  I said to her "NieceRose next time you need to do so in the car, please roll down the window some".  Her and her brother apparently think farting is funny but I can tell you their dogs' gas is far worse!

Jones

« Reply #518 on: September 06, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
Jean has taken to shortening the words "hand sanitizer" to "hannitizer". She proudly talks about hannitizing her hands before lunch and after using the bathroom. We've corrected her several times to no avail.

As the word "hannitize" means something in the USA per a particular political radio host, I am just waiting for the day she causes a political argument on accident.  :P  :)

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #519 on: September 08, 2012, 10:44:53 PM »

Toddler DM: It's a callapitter because all of his feet go pitter patter!  He's got so many feet!
(I have been told I said this a kajillion times)

I love the silly mispronunciations that abound with children; endless amusement!

This isn't a kid thing because the person in question (Bagman) is no kid; he's 63. But I discovered this past weekend, camping in the woods, 20 years into our relationship, that he calls them "caterpiggles." He has no idea why, but I think it's adorable. The fact that there were "caterpiggles" dropping out of the trees every time we turned around ... not so adorable.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #520 on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »
My aunt used to call umbrellas "umalellas."  :P
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »
My kids are not liking the water at my parents' house, where we're currently visiting.  At dinner, my 3-year-old was unhappy about the water she was given to drink.  My mother said, "When Grandpap and I visit you guys, we drink your water!"  Jenny: "Yes, but that's because our water is yummy!"  (The water is really awful, truly, truly terrible stuff.)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #522 on: September 24, 2012, 08:25:43 PM »
We went to the playground the the other day and Babybartfast (now 4) fell in with some other girls her age.  They were playing astronauts who were flying to Pluto.

Girl 1: But Pluto isn't there anymore!
Girl 2: It's still there, it's just not a planet anymore.  I think it lost its wings.

DH says it's the "fairy theory of the solar system."

(Can you tell I live in a NASA city full of aerospace engineers and their space-mad kids?   ;D)

turtleIScream

« Reply #523 on: October 16, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
My son (3) is definitely a product of the video game generation. The other day, he was in the room when I climbed on the bathroom scale. He started clapping and announced, "Look, Momma! You got a high score!"

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #524 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
My 10 yr old daughter said last night that the leader of the opposition party in Australia looked disturbing. She has such a wonderful turn of phrase.  ;)

Victoria