Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 192903 times)

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #555 on: December 13, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »
I have a kind of twisted sense of humor. My four year old is starting to understand some kinds of jokes, but today I was so proud when, before breakfast, she looked at me with Crazy Eyes and goes, "I'm so hungry, I could just eat a BAYBEEEE."

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

amylouky

« Reply #556 on: December 13, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
DS3 farted this morning, loudly. DS5 was sitting on the couch next to him and scooted away saying, "Eww.. you farted!"
DS3: "Nuh uh.. my butt blew you a kiss!"

I'm thinking staying home with Daddy is having some undesired effects..

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #557 on: December 13, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »

Is it bad that this made me laugh?   :D  I'd have had a really hard time keeping a straight face if I'd been in the room for that one.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #558 on: December 14, 2012, 05:36:28 AM »
DS3 farted this morning, loudly. DS5 was sitting on the couch next to him and scooted away saying, "Eww.. you farted!"

I'm thinking staying home with Daddy is having some undesired effects..

Is dead from laughter!
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #559 on: December 14, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
Thanks, I'll have to remember that, as my house full of males (well without me but at times I have the mind of a 12 year old) will crack up!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

crella

« Reply #560 on: December 14, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »
I love it!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #561 on: December 14, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »
I have a kind of twisted sense of humor. My four year old is starting to understand some kinds of jokes, but today I was so proud when, before breakfast, she looked at me with Crazy Eyes and goes, "I'm so hungry, I could just eat a BAYBEEEE."

That is hysterical.

And on another note...holy cow, she's four now?  It seems like yesterday we were being shown baby pictures.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #562 on: December 15, 2012, 12:26:50 AM »

That is hysterical.

And on another note...holy cow, she's four now?  It seems like yesterday we were being shown baby pictures.

Hahah, four going on thirteen. In both good and bad ways. :)

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Charliebug

« Reply #563 on: December 20, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
When my brother and I were little, our Dad used to update us on Santa's progress on Christmas Eve e.g. "I just heard on the radio that Santa has just left England and is now heading over to New York". We would get so excited anticipating his arrival...it would make our night! A couple of years ago I was visiting my brother and my niece (5) for Christmas and I thought I would carry on the tradition of keeping her updated on Santa's impending arrival. She tolerated it the first couple of times but when I told her she better get to bed soon as I heard Santa was in Saskatchewan (we are in BC) she turned to me and said "Santa won't be coming here if MY DAD has anything to do with it" meaning her Dad was on the naughty list. My brother was stunned she said that and I was killing myself laughing.....she knows her Dad well ha ha ha!!!!

stkatie00

« Reply #564 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
I was dropping off a crock pot and coffee maker for the Christmas party my friends were throwing. As we were chatting in the kitchen, their almost 4 year old son had the following conversation:
Him: Miss Katie? Did you bring the twins with you?
Me: No, I didn't.
Him: Oh. Then who's watching over them?
As his parents and I try not to crack up, me: Their daddy is.

We all just thought his wording was so cute!

turtleIScream

« Reply #565 on: December 20, 2012, 04:38:42 PM »
Our local shopping center has a huge holiday train display set up. My three year old son loves it, so I've taken him a few times. A few days go, he was watching the trains, anticipating them coming out of the tunnels, seeing the intersection flashing lights signal the approaching train, and just having fun. All of a sudden, his face changed and he looked ready to cry. I asked what was wrong; he sighed and answered in the most dejected voice imaginable, "We don't have any bacon."

Charliebug

« Reply #566 on: December 20, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »
Our local shopping center has a huge holiday train display set up. My three year old son loves it, so I've taken him a few times. A few days go, he was watching the trains, anticipating them coming out of the tunnels, seeing the intersection flashing lights signal the approaching train, and just having fun. All of a sudden, his face changed and he looked ready to cry. I asked what was wrong; he sighed and answered in the most dejected voice imaginable, "We don't have any bacon."

I love this kid lol!!!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #567 on: December 21, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
LMAO!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love those non-sequiters kids come up with. I think I shared it earlier in the thread, but there was a time my dad was lecturing my brother on something and as Dad has a tendency to be VERY long winded (ask him about how trains move and he'll give you not only the workings of a steam engine, but the history of them and coal mining.) my brother's mind had plenty of time to wander.

At the end of the lecture, my brother, who was maybe 5, asks "Dad, who invented cement?" To his credit, instead of getting angry, our father started to laugh.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

blueyzca01

« Reply #568 on: December 21, 2012, 04:12:12 PM »
Not exactly what the kids said, but in reponse to a child's actions...

Friend said she heard her husband loudly scolding their children from the kitchen while he was feeding them "Don't wipe your face on the cat!!"

This reminded me of something I witnessed many many moons ago. 

My young neighbor, Jordan, was having words with his dad in front of our apartment building.  I will never forget his dad grabbing him by the arm and pulling him toward their front door while exclaiming, "You do NOT call daddy a spongehead!!!"

After Steve dropped him off inside the door, he walked back outside and saw DH and me standing there with our hands over our mouths trying desperately not to laugh.
Steve said, "Did you hear that?!?!  My kid is creative genius!!"   ;D
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #569 on: December 21, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »
This is going to be a little complicated, because my daughter "Jenny's" name is not really Jenny.  So trust me when I said that I like to call her, "Jenny-hopper," it makes a lot more sense (sound-wise) with the diminutive of her actual name.  So, for some reason, when Jenny was a baby, I started calling her "Jenny-hopper."  This led to "Jenny-hoppy" and sometimes "Hopper" or "Hoppy."  So she seriously goes by "Hopper" or "Hoppy" half the time, and it's really cute.

The other day, we were driving back home from somewhere, and she started talking in a serious tone.  "Mommy, now that I am 4, I think I don't want to be Hoppy anymore."

Me: "Oh, yeah?  So you want us to call you Jenny from now on?"

<thoughtful silence>  "No.  I want you to call me "Hop.""

Ah, those little Hoppies.  They grow up so fast.