Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 221287 times)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #585 on: December 30, 2012, 05:22:54 PM »
DD is almost 2yo, and she's cracking me up lately. She finally understands that the baby only drinks special Mommy milk, and that the milk only comes from Mommy. though I have to admit it was really funny when she was trying to get DH to nurse the baby  :D

The other day Baby was in his crib, and he woke up, crying. DD ran into the living room and started shouting at me "NeeNee wake. Mom, NeeNee wake!" She then climbed into my lap and started poking me in the chest saying "NeeNee eat." (translation: Baby woke up, Mom. Baby is hungry, and needs to eat)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #586 on: December 31, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »
That is so cute! :)

The piratebabe has started saying "Wow!"  Which means we're hearing a lot of "WOW! Oh WOW!!" recently. (he's closing in on 14 months) course he doesn't really know what it means so he is just saying it to hear himself talk. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Browyn

« Reply #587 on: December 31, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »
The TV is on and a commercial for a phone company is talking about how you always have your memories.  DS (age 8) pipes up "You can never get rid of memories, unless you forget them"

okay, I need more coffee...

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #588 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »
DH was cuddling with our son, so I jokingly said that DS was mine and DH responded that DS was his.  DS let out a huge sigh and said- when are you guys ever going to learn to share.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #589 on: December 31, 2012, 06:45:29 PM »
Last Tuesday dd1 said, "this doesn't feel like a Tuesday, it feels like a Saturday with a twist of Tuesday".

Dd2 also said "Why do they call him Santa, they should call him Dave?"

Victoria

parrot_girl

« Reply #590 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:59 AM »
My DD (she's 5) was at the top of the playground tower when she turned to me and said "Five year olds are super! I am super! I am a five year old SUPER WOOPER!!!" and then she leapt off the tower into the tanbark and ran around the playground with an imaginary cape streaming behind her, yelling "YAAAYYY!!!"

Shopaholic

« Reply #591 on: January 02, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
I'm pregnant. When asked what I have in my belly, my 2-year old nephew will say "baby" (in English, which isn't his first language).
On Friday I let him feel the baby, but he wanted to see her as well, so he tried looking down my blouse and lifting it up as well.

Yesterday I spoke to him and my mom on the phone, and mom asked him "where is Auntie Shop's baby?" He replied "At work".

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #592 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:38 AM »
Yesterday at my best froend's wedding, it was time to cut the cake. Somebody said, "Go ahead and cut the cake," to which the bride and groom's ten year old daughter replied," You can cut the cake just don't cut the cheese."
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

CakeEater

« Reply #593 on: January 02, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
My DD (she's 5) was at the top of the playground tower when she turned to me and said "Five year olds are super! I am super! I am a five year old SUPER WOOPER!!!" and then she leapt off the tower into the tanbark and ran around the playground with an imaginary cape streaming behind her, yelling "YAAAYYY!!!"

That's so much how I feel like behaving some days.  ;D

I like to have the TV on in the background when I'm home, for a bit of adult noise in the house. Apparently, DD thinks it's on a bit too much. Yesterday morning she said, "Daddy's at work.......Mummy television."

Is that a hint?

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #594 on: January 02, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
Babybartfast is incredibly proud of herself for knowing the entire first verse of Silent Night.  Someday I'll explain what a Roundjun Burgeon is.

parrot_girl

« Reply #595 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »
Babybartfast is incredibly proud of herself for knowing the entire first verse of Silent Night.  Someday I'll explain what a Roundjun Burgeon is.

I don't know quite why, but that made me snort with laughter. Thank you! :D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #596 on: January 02, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »
Me too, that is so cute! 

My brother, when the Counting Crows song "Mr. Jones and Me" came out he used to sing "Mr. Chocolatey!" I can't hear that song anymore without singing it that way.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

crella

« Reply #597 on: January 02, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
Someday I'll explain what a Roundjun Burgeon is.

Too funny!  Christmas carols seem to be especially tricky. I still remember my sister asking 'What color is Parson Brown?'

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #598 on: January 02, 2013, 10:21:40 PM »
Okay I did a search to see if I've shared this anecdote already but it doesn't seem I have.

My brother and I are 8 years apart in age, and when he was nearly 5 and I was nearly 13, our family went to Disney World, his first time in the Magic Kingdom and we went on the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride or whatever they were calling the submarine ride in Tomorrowland in '91. 

Well we got on the ride and sat down and for anyone who hasn't been on the ride, you sit down with several other people in these little submarine like vehicles that run along a track, with two rows of seats back to back and you look out the porthole in front of you.   

Okay, so we're going along now and he sees the octopus reaching out to our sub and DB blurts out, "IS HE GOING TO WRAP HIS TESTICLES AROUND US?" I turned beet red but laughed, as did everyone else in the sub as either mom or dad gently informed him that the word is "teNTicles, not teSTicles."

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #599 on: January 02, 2013, 10:28:57 PM »
DH and I were discussing a recent family event where Cousin's Husband made an odd remark. He said that we have "cookie cutter kids" meaning that they all look like each other. I had never heard that expression before and DH and I were talking about it, and which kid looks like who. DH thinks that 4yo DS looks like him and that DD and Baby look like me. 

4yo DS had been playing quietly on the floor, but he stood up, put his hands on his hips and said in a scandalized voice "I do NOT look like Daddy! Daddy doesn't have hair!!"
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz