Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 194398 times)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #600 on: January 04, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »
I needed to run over to the library the other day to return some books.  I left the kids behind (with their father) so that it could be a 5-minute errand and not a 1-hour one.  As I was going out the door, my 5-year-old said, in a sad voice, "Libraries are like orphanages for books that don't have mommies or papas."

WolfWay

• They burnt down my house... They ate my tailor!
« Reply #601 on: January 04, 2013, 03:30:38 AM »
I don't know if anyone has posted this to the thread before, but I spotted a FB status from a woman babysitting her niece that went something like:

"I probably shouldn't be allowed to babysit, I just heard my four year old niece telling her pumpkin she was carving 'This is what we do to snitches!'"
It's best to love your family as you would a Siberian Tiger - from a distance, preferably separated by bars . -- Pearls Before Swine (16-May-2009)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #602 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!

Okay, my older two have never gone through the "girls are gross" stage.  As far as they're concerned, cooties don't exist, never did.  My oldest had a girlfriend from June-October and now tells me he has two girls texting him (thank heaven we have unlimited texting) constantly and he has a crush on a third. 

Now my middle son comes home yesterday and says a girl he had a crush on admitted she likes him too (4th grade) but he says "We're too young to be boyfriend and girlfriend, so we'll just be more than best friends."

And the baby? Whenever I take him out in public, to the grocery store or what have you, if he sees a pretty female of any age, he does the head tilt, bats his big ol' blue eyes and flashes the dimples and ups the adorable factor.  And he will do contortions to try and see her if she passes by me or goes ahead of the cart.   He's 14 months.

So today when my middle son was telling me about this girl he likes and apparently likes him, I turn to Piratebabe and jokingly point a finger at him saying "Okay, that's it! No girls for you for a while! Mama can only take so much!"

Cue crumpled face and big ol' tears as he lets out a big "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  :'(
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #603 on: January 07, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »
Driving past a cemetery:

Babybartfast: Sure are a lot of dead people over there!
Me: Uhh . . . yeah?
Babybartfast: I can tell because there are lots and lots of flowers!

lilfox

« Reply #604 on: January 07, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »
Sunday was the playoff game between the Seahawks and Redskins.  My parents and brother are from the east coast and were just visiting last week, so there was some rivalry about teaching DD about which team to root for.  So Sunday, DH was talking to DD (3) and said, "DD, the Seahawks is Daddy's team, but the Redskins are Cool Uncle Mike's team, who do you want to win?"

DD says, "The princesses!"

faithlessone

« Reply #605 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:20 PM »
Direct quote from my 4-year-old cousin, when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up:

"I want to live with Uncle Dan & Uncle Rob, for ever & ever! And I am going to make them sandwiches."

(Dan is his mother's brother, and Rob is Dan's husband. SO CUTE. :D)

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #606 on: January 16, 2013, 01:28:13 PM »
Direct quote from my 4-year-old cousin, when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up:

"I want to live with Uncle Dan & Uncle Rob, for ever & ever! And I am going to make them sandwiches."

(Dan is his mother's brother, and Rob is Dan's husband. SO CUTE. :D)

Funny, our niece says the same thing about us - except she wants to play dinosaurs in our backyard. I love it when kids decide who they like best - and it's not always their parents. Shows those little minds are working!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #607 on: January 16, 2013, 02:25:52 PM »
Years ago when I got the whole series of 21 Jump Street on DVD and was watching it, my older two used to like to play cops and I'd always laugh to hear them say "You're under the rest!" (Under arrest)

One of our friends heard it and joked "Under the rest of what?"

Yesterday Middle Pirate informed me that his baby brother got ALL his stubborn nature from me.  "Pirateboy1 and I got it evenly from you and Dad, but Piratebabe got it ALL from YOU!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #608 on: January 16, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »
Babybartfast brought her little toy purse full of junk to DH yesterday and told him "Daddy, look in my inventory!"

(Yeah, she's been playing a lot of Minecraft!)

Charliebug

« Reply #609 on: January 17, 2013, 02:12:47 AM »
My niece (7 yrs old) informed her Stepgrandma that when she turns 18 she is going to move in  with her and Grampa and live there for free and Stepgrandma can make her French toast every day. 

I wish I had thought up a plan like that at her age....could have saved myself years of hard work  >:D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #610 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:58 AM »
I couln't find the DVD remote today, so Babybartfast had to sit through the previews for a movie for the first time ever.  She still sees televised advertisements as a bit of a novelty, since we just have Netflix and she never sees any  :P  Anyway, when the previews ended and I went to turn on the movie, she very solmenly told me "I just watched all those commercials and They didn't even make me buy anything!"

Nikko-chan

« Reply #611 on: January 18, 2013, 09:31:21 PM »
Oh man! I am laughing so hard over here. All of you have the most adorable children ever!

turtleIScream

« Reply #612 on: January 20, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
My three year old came to me very excitedly this morning and proclaimed, "the ceiling outside changed paint!" I repeated that back as a question to him, and he answered, "yes, the ceiling outside changed paint! That means the sun came up!"

kckgirl

« Reply #613 on: January 20, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »
Driving past a cemetery:

Babybartfast: Sure are a lot of dead people over there!
Me: Uhh . . . yeah?
Babybartfast: I can tell because there are lots and lots of flowers!

We were in a restaurant across the street from an old church when my then 4-year-old grandson pointed out that the "rocks" in the church yard were where the dead people live.
Maryland

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #614 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
Nephew age 8: Mummy, there's a song that doesn't make sense.  It says "Daddy, I've fallen for a lobster".

SIL: No, sweetie, it's "monster".

Nephew: Oh.  [pause]  Stupid song.