Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 206780 times)

wonderfullyanonymous

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #630 on: January 28, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
DF and I watched a comedian last night by the name of Jo Koy. He was talking about his 5 y/o son, and how much he likes to play with his penis, but not in a scrabble way, but in a "this is the coolest toy on the planet" kind of way. His son also calls it a "te-te". He relayed a story, from when he was in Australia and he called home to see how all was going.

His wife says, "do you know what your son did?"

"No, what did he do?"

"He colored his te-te green, with a permanent marker."

"Did you take a picture?"

"That's not the funny part, he drew eyes on his testicles."

I was rolling, as I have 2 boys, and could almost picture them doing the very same thing at that age.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #631 on: January 29, 2013, 12:49:03 AM »
That is the funniest thing I've heard or read all day.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #632 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
DS and I were playing school yesterday. I had to quit doing my 'scissor work' (cutting out random shapes/squiggles DS drew for me) to feed the baby, and I never came back to it. I told DS that I was done, and put my scissors away. He responded by drawing an elaborate picture and telling me "this is a artwork, but it's just for your husband (his dad). It's not for you because you didn't do your scissor work, so it's a punishment."

Then he drew a picture of our family, but gave me a tail.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

crella

« Reply #633 on: January 30, 2013, 07:15:01 PM »
but gave me a tail

Because you're in the doghouse? He's too funny!

Sheila Take a Bow

• Formerly arija but I felt like a name change.
« Reply #634 on: February 01, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
My daughter (she's 4 1/2) wants a cat.  I want one, too.  My husband is reluctant.

Today, as I drove my daughter to school, we saw a cat sitting under a tree.

Daughter:  Mommy, go get that cat.

Me:  Baby, Daddy would be mad if we just brought home a cat.

Daughter:  We won't tell Daddy.

Me:  Don't you think Daddy would notice a cat in the house?

Daughter:  We can pretend it's a stuffed animal.

Me:  What about when it meows?

Daughter:  We can pretend it was me.

Me:  How are we going to feed the cat without Daddy noticing?

Daughter:  We can put food under Daddy's chair at dinner.  And then Daddy won't see the cat under his chair.

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #635 on: February 01, 2013, 02:17:28 PM »
My daughter (she's 4 1/2) wants a cat.  I want one, too.  My husband is reluctant.

Daughter:  We can put food under Daddy's chair at dinner.  And then Daddy won't see the cat under his chair.

She's very clever. You'll have to watch out when she's a teenager.  ;)

I left DD (3.5) at my parents' house for a few hours last weekend. She was resisting washing her hands after spending some time outside, so my mom said, "your mommy will be mad at me if I don't make sure you wash your hands and then you get sick." DD replied, "we could lie." My mom related the conversation to me and warned me to "watch out for this one."

Sure enough, this morning she was playing in her room with the door closed. I tried to open it and she pushed back so I couldn't. I told her to let me in because I was about to leave for work and wanted to kiss her good-bye. She stopped pushing and I entered to see that she had taken a long strand of Mardi Gras beads, hooked one end around her footstool, twisted it in the middle, and looped the other end around the cat's neck.*  :o I scolded DD and told her to never, ever put anything around the cat's neck because it could choke her. She protested, "but she was pulling my sleigh! I closed the door so you wouldn't find out!" I think we'll be insisting on open doors from now on...

*The cat was not in any danger. The loop was very wide and the cat could have backed out of it. She was being amazingly tolerant.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #636 on: February 01, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »

That reminds me of my mother's favourite book to read when I was a kid, called "Mommy, Buy Me A China Doll".

"Mommy, buy me a china doll. Do, Mommy do!
But what shall we buy it with Eliza Lou?
Trade our Daddy's feather bed. Do, Mommy do!
Trade our daddy's feather bed, then where would our daddy sleep, Eliza Lou?
He could sleep in the horsie's bed. Do, Mommy do!"

(Spoiler - Eliza Lou does not get the doll. But it has a sweet ending just the same.)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #637 on: February 03, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
*CRASH*

Me: "Babybartfast, stop throwing your toys down the stairs!"

Her: "Well they weren't my toys . . ."

Bluenomi

« Reply #638 on: February 03, 2013, 08:53:26 PM »
*CRASH*

Me: "Babybartfast, stop throwing your toys down the stairs!"

Her: "Well they weren't my toys . . ."

DD does that! Sometimes they are too smart for their own good  ::)

mmswm

« Reply #639 on: February 04, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »
A conversation between me and my 13yo son...

Me:  Why do we have no water?  Do you know if Granddad turned off the water?
DS: I don't think so, I'll go find him and ask.
Me:  Okay.
About 30 seconds later

DS: Hey mom, is there a difference between these two levers?
Me: Um, one's the pump for the pool and one's the main water shut off valve for the house.
DS: Oh.  Ooops.

Yup, DS tried to top off the water level in the pool but shut the water to the house instead.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

turtleIScream

« Reply #640 on: February 04, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
Potty-training is not going well at our house. My son knows all the mechanics, but nothing is working to get him to keep his pants dry. After changing yet another pair of dirty pants today, I asked him, "what is it going to take to get you to keep your underpants dry?"

He looked at me solemnly and answered, "a long time."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #641 on: February 06, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
Another funny thing.  I was doing yoga earlier and when I got into what I think is called cobra pose (upper half of body propped up on elbows with head up) the babe crawled on my back right before the instructor on the DVD said "Now up on all fours, go into downward dog, then bring your knees to your chest and go into sun salutation pose!" Ummm...yeah, that's going to be a bit tricky, here without bucking the toddler off my back. 

He thought it was hilarious though as mama tried to get up on all fours without dismounting him in a way that would hurt him.  And he's got a very infectious giggle so I couldn't help but laugh and well hey, laughter's a good exercise for the abdomen, right? ;)

Earlier this morning the middle child put the edge of the sippy cup lid in his mouth, on his fours like a dog and shook the cup before throwing it to the side.  Piratebabe lost his mind, laughing till he could barely breathe.  Pirateboy2 kept doing it until I guess Piratebabe couldn't take it anymore and took the cup away while shaking his head.   

Then two minutes later he brought the cup back and pressed it against his brother's lips.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #642 on: February 06, 2013, 06:34:30 PM »
Piratelvr, I love hearing stories about your kids. They sound hysterical, sweet and just all around awesome!

Last night I was at the store and overheard this interaction between a little girl and her mom "but I wasn't running, I was skipping
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

mmswm

« Reply #643 on: February 06, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
Youngest DS has several metal plates and screws in multiple joints.  His doctors are discussing two additional procedures which will require additional metal implants. He was discussing this with my youngest brother.

Brother: You're the bionic boy!
DS:  If I get any more metal implants, I'm going to be a Borg.

Ummm, yeah.  Nobody in this house is a Star Trek fan.  Nope, not at all.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #644 on: February 06, 2013, 08:07:54 PM »
Youngest DS has several metal plates and screws in multiple joints.  His doctors are discussing two additional procedures which will require additional metal implants. He was discussing this with my youngest brother.

Brother: You're the bionic boy!
DS:  If I get any more metal implants, I'm going to be a Borg.

Ummm, yeah.  Nobody in this house is a Star Trek fan.  Nope, not at all.

LOL!! Not at all.  He's cute and sounds like he has a good attitude about it. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata