Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 160994 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #750 on: April 18, 2013, 12:40:46 AM »
Posted on FB by my cousin:

"My sister was babysitting Colin today, and he said to her, "Me want some water!"  Sister replied, "No, we say, *I* want some water."  Colin: "Me want some water!" Sister, "No, we say *I* want some water."  Colin: "No, YOU need some coffee!"

Ahaha kids!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

crella

« Reply #751 on: April 18, 2013, 01:22:59 AM »
 :D :D :D

Carotte

« Reply #752 on: April 18, 2013, 03:52:07 PM »
I watched a todler on the bus the other day, just charming away, he got a young lady to play peak-a-boo with him, it was so cute :)

(And now I'm internet shopping for sport chairs.  I think I need guidance from the physical therapist on what kind of chair would be best for him.  I thought I had it all figured out.  I was wrong.  I didn't realize there were so many options!)

You could try to see if there is any kind of handy-sport club where you live, you son could meet people who play different sport in wheel-chairs and probably know where and how you can get a good chair (there might even be some kind of grant or club discount or something. My dad works for a company that is big on handy-sport support even if they have nothing to do with sport, and I think they have some kind of grant for things like that)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #753 on: April 19, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
My 2-year-old was on the potty today, and I was waiting for her to finish because I was putting her down for her nap.  So I decided to be all cute and affectionate.

I whispered, "Hey, Charlotte, wanna hear a secret?"

"Yes!" she whispered.

So I leaned in really close and whispered, "I love you!"

And she whispered back, "POOP!"

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #754 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
Lol!

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #755 on: April 19, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »
Bahahahahahaha!!!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

mmswm

« Reply #756 on: April 19, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
Two years is my all time favorite age for just this reason. :)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #757 on: April 19, 2013, 10:20:35 PM »
I have a cousin, well two really, who were adopted from Mexico, a brother and sister (different biological parents that is, but adopted into the same family).

One day when he was 5 I believe, and understood that he was adopted, he asked my aunt why his mother put him up for adoption. Aunt told him "Well your mother loved you very much, but she couldn't afford to take care of you so she took you to the orphanage so you could be adopted by someone who could take care of you."   

Well cousin thought a moment and said "Well, can we go to Mexico, find her and give her money so she won't be poor anymore?"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #758 on: April 19, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »
What a sweetheart. Not funny, just sweet. I want to give him a big hug.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #759 on: April 19, 2013, 10:28:25 PM »

Yeah, it is more sweet than funny.  He wanted to give money to his sister's mother as well but the orphanage didn't know who her mother was, as she was brought by someone else.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #760 on: April 22, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »

Yeah, it is more sweet than funny.  He wanted to give money to his sister's mother as well but the orphanage didn't know who her mother was, as she was brought by someone else.

What a sweet, thoughtful kid! His parents must be so proud :)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #761 on: April 22, 2013, 10:55:14 AM »

What a sweet, thoughtful kid! His parents must be so proud :)

They are.  :) It's hard to believe he's almost 26!

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #762 on: April 22, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
I am female.  I don't (yet) have little Beans of my own yet but I do have nieces and nephews through my husband's family.

When one of my Nephews was about 3 or 4, he only had Uncles in town (daddy had two brothers).  Once DH and I were married, he continued to call me "Uncle OSUJillyBean" for weeks.  Only he was still working on the "ck" noise and it came out "Untle OSUJillyBean".

Cute cute cute.  ^_^

mmswm

« Reply #763 on: April 22, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »
I homeschool my children.  Right now we're doing some music appreciation studies where I play a minute or two of a famous orchestral work and they're supposed to name the piece and tell me as much as they can about it.  My youngest, who's a month shy of 11, just came out singing this:

This the symphony,
That Schubert wrote and never finished.
This is, it's theme in G,
That's played by violins and cellos,
A mellow instrument.

(All this was sung precisely to the aforementioned "theme in G")

That sounds awfully familiar to a similar tune we used to sing in HS (I went to a boarding school for the performing arts), but I never shared that with the kids, so I'm assuming he found it on youtube or something.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2013, 08:44:56 PM »
My DS is very close to my sister and brother in law. About age 8, he started calling them Uncle Amy and Aunt Mark. It has stuck.  ;)