Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 161797 times)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #780 on: April 23, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »
I've been working on homework, and keeping half an eye/ear on the kiddos while they play in the room, directly behind me. I heard lots of giggling so I figured all is well. Then I heard the distinctive sound of a velcro diaper tab being pulled off. My naked 4 year old was taking the diaper off his 9mo baby brother while my naked 2yo danced around in a circle. As I spluttered "wha...why?..where are your clothes?" DS looked at me like I'm an idiot and said "we're having naked fun." Then he proceeded to do ninja kicks while DD continued to dance.

Naked fun.....what am I going to do with this child?
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

mmswm

« Reply #781 on: April 23, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »
I've been working on homework, and keeping half an eye/ear on the kiddos while they play in the room, directly behind me. I heard lots of giggling so I figured all is well. Then I heard the distinctive sound of a velcro diaper tab being pulled off. My naked 4 year old was taking the diaper off his 9mo baby brother while my naked 2yo danced around in a circle. As I spluttered "wha...why?..where are your clothes?" DS looked at me like I'm an idiot and said "we're having naked fun." Then he proceeded to do ninja kicks while DD continued to dance.

Welcome to the 3 boys club. :D

(Wait, I think your 2yo is a boy, right?)

twiggy

« Reply #782 on: April 23, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »

Welcome to the 3 boys club. :D

(Wait, I think your 2yo is a boy, right?)

No, 2yo is a girl. But she idolizes her big brother and follows him, doing pretty much every naughty thing he does  :P
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

crella

« Reply #783 on: April 24, 2013, 04:38:02 AM »
My son's answer on a worksheet for Social Studies: "Martin Luther King came from a long line of pastures".

My niece, in first or second grade, was going to do a paper on Madame Curie. I promised to listen to her practice, and was treated to a very earnest description of the life of Madame Puree.  :D :D :D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #784 on: April 24, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »
We had a handyman come fix the back door last week.  Babybartfast - ever helpful - earnestly told him if he was hungry he could eat some of the cheerios Bittybartfast had left sitting on the floor - mommy (me) said they're from today so they're okay to eat!

He at least had the grace to turn her down politely  :P

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #785 on: April 24, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
We had a handyman come fix the back door last week.  Babybartfast - ever helpful - earnestly told him if he was hungry he could eat some of the cheerios Bittybartfast had left sitting on the floor - mommy (me) said they're from today so they're okay to eat!

He at least had the grace to turn her down politely  :P

Ah, I see she ascribes to the "24 hour rule" of Cheerio-eating.  :)

CakeEater

« Reply #786 on: May 08, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »

So cute. There's nothing more gleeful than a toddler who has escaped from their pants! My two year old has taken to running off as soon as he's dry from the bath and running around the house yelling, 'Nudie nudie!'

His favourite book at the moment is a nativity story book. So I wrapped the towel over his head and around his shoulders the other day and he saw himself in the mirror and said, 'Pretty Mary'. That's a good story to remember for his 21st, right?  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #787 on: May 08, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »
And his engagement party!

twiggy

« Reply #788 on: May 15, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »
4yo DS just came up to me with a BIG PROBLEMtm. Here is our comversation:

DS: Mom, sister keeps coming into my nest.
Me: Your..nest?
DS: yeah, it's a special place I made just for me.
Me:oh
DS: it's in the playroom and it's made of a sleeping towel, and balls, and stuffed animals and everything. And no one is allowed in unless they say my secret code. But it's a lot of words and sister can't say it.
Me: Well, why don't you make an easier code?
DS: but then Sister will come into my nest!
Me: Ok, well, Sister is playing in the living room right now, so I don't think you have to worry about it.
DS: But Mom, I have a problem. I hate to tell you this, but my nest isn't very comfortable and it's unsanitary. I don't want to sleep there, but it's my choice and I just have to do it.
Me:  ??? um, well you don't have to sleep in your nest. How is it unsanitary?
DS: it's just a disaster.
Me: well, I can probably help you reorganize after dinner tonight.
DS: But I love my nest. You can't do it. It will be a disaster.
Me: what do you want here buddy?
DS: ummmm, a popsicle

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #789 on: May 15, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »

DS: it's in the playroom and it's made of a sleeping towel, and balls, and stuffed animals and everything. And no one is allowed in unless they say my secret code. But it's a lot of words and sister can't say it.
Me: Ok, well, Sister is playing in the living room right now, so I don't think you have to worry about it.
DS: But Mom, I have a problem. I hate to tell you this, but my nest isn't very comfortable and it's unsanitary. I don't want to sleep there, but it's my choice and I just have to do it.

This is awesome on about 6 different levels!!

CakeEater

« Reply #790 on: May 16, 2013, 06:25:47 AM »

Fantastic! It's just a disaster. I'm picturing him saying that kind of regretfully and shaking his head.  ;D

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #791 on: May 16, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »
I love his use of the word "unsanitary."  Was that actually what he meant?  My first thought would be freaking out that he'd peed in his nest, or something.  :)

My 6-year-old, Emily, was complaining about how hot it was outside. Me: "You know, (the place we're moving to) will probably tend to be a little warmer, too." Emily: "Warmer??? If it's 100 degrees hotter than here, I'll just die!" Me, laughing: "I didn't say it was going to be 100 degrees hotter!" Her: "I know, I was just exasperating." I love it when little kids try to use big words and get them just a bit wrong. :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:17:35 PM by MommyPenguin »

cwm

« Reply #792 on: May 16, 2013, 10:29:18 AM »
My niece, the Sproglet, is right at 18 months. She's getting decent at a few words at a time, but also has her own words. "My" doesn't mean something is hers, it means she wants to watch My Little Ponies, which we watch on Netflix on the PS3. Sproglet also knows what the PS3 controller does (controls the TV). Also, one of her first words was Batman, and she can reliably point out Batman on the DVD shelf.

A few weeks ago my sister was in her room, minding her own business, when Sproglet walked in with the PS3 controller. She handed it to her mom and said "My, mommy. Batman, mommy. Ta-ka (Thank you)." And then walked out to the living room to await the shows to come on.

She's sits really well in the car and is generally in a good mood for car rides.

Sproglet: Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama! (sis didn't hear her the first few times.)
Sis: Yes, my dear?
Sproglet: Cookie, mama?
Sis: (hands her an animal cracker) Here you go.
Sis goes back to singing along with the radio.
Sproglet: Mama. Mama. Mama. MAMA!
Sis: Yes, my dear?
Sproglet: Ta-ka!

She just HAD to get her mama's attention to say thanks.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #793 on: May 18, 2013, 09:21:39 AM »
So our vacation officially ended yesterday when I took my friend back to the station and in the week she was here we taught the littlest pirate some new words.  Her first night here we bought some Greek food from a little drive through place and as we sat around the dinner table, we taught him to say "OPA!", complete with throwing his arms up in the air.   He caught on quickly and for the next week he'd just say it whenever he was happy.  At first it sounded like "DADA!!!"  but now it's sounding more like "BABA!!!!!!"

I got a video of him saying it at an Irish restaurant/bar on the boardwalk, Shenanigans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8YlTi2qn6E
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #794 on: May 18, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »
He's sure a cute little guy, Pirate!  That's a really fun age. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~