Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 160934 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #795 on: May 18, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »
Thanks! :) He is fun and was a wonderful little camper! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

crella

« Reply #796 on: May 18, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »
He's adorable!

katiescarlett

« Reply #797 on: May 22, 2013, 01:36:51 PM »
My nephew, Wade, who is 4, loves watching storm chasers on tv.  His favorite movie is Twister.  Apparently, when he wants to watch actual storm chasers on tv, he differentiates between that and the movie by telling my sister that he wants to watch "toraigos (his pronunciation of tornado, sounds like diego) in the morning."

Suellen (my sis, note the theme here lol?) said he got that because one morning they were watching storm chasers live.

I the little turkey was in seventh heaven watching the tornado coverage for Moore on Monday.  We only live an hour south of Moore, so were glued to the weather stations in case we got anything here.

turtleIScream

« Reply #798 on: May 22, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »
My 3 y/o son found a hat my 13 y/o daughter left in the living room, and put it on. He turned to me with a big grin and said,

"I just look so cute in a hat! Now, who's going to take a picture of me?"

norrina

« Reply #799 on: May 22, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
As a little background, I'm a small gal. 5 feet tall exactly. Today I was substitute teaching in a Montessori 3-6 y.o. classroom and one of the 5-6 year olds asked me if I was older than she was. I responded that I was. So she looked me up and down and finally said, "But I don't think you're much older than me, because I'm almost as tall as you."

This was followed by one of the 4 year olds asking me, "You're a grown up?" And when I confirmed that she hugged me around my legs, lay he head against my stomach, and said, "But I'm 4, and I'm up to here on you."

Part of the reason I've always with with pre-k and elementary instead of middle school is because middle schoolers are bigger than me!

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #800 on: May 22, 2013, 07:31:02 PM »
2 yo DD will not sit still to let me brush/fix her beautiful, curly hair.She will, however, sit for up to half an hour and let Daddy comb her hair. She loves wearing hairbows and headbands and admiring her "cute" reflection  :P

This afternoon, about an hour before DH is expected home from work, DD stomped up to me and started griping "where Daddy? Where he go. Daddy sit right here!"
So, I told her that Daddy is still at work, and he'll be home later. At which point DD had a diva level tantrum (divan tantrum as opposed to toddler tantrum) She started talking in a scoldy voice, not screaming/shrieking, but very stern and upset. She said, "Daddy sit here. He do mah hair. Mah coot, coot hair. Where Daddy go?" Then she melted down into a little puddle of despair and I heard a whisper "I want be cooot"

Of course, she still won't let me near her cute, cute hair  ::)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #801 on: May 22, 2013, 07:56:37 PM »
As a little background, I'm a small gal. 5 feet tall exactly. Today I was substitute teaching in a Montessori 3-6 y.o. classroom and one of the 5-6 year olds asked me if I was older than she was. I responded that I was. So she looked me up and down and finally said, "But I don't think you're much older than me, because I'm almost as tall as you."

This was followed by one of the 4 year olds asking me, "You're a grown up?" And when I confirmed that she hugged me around my legs, lay he head against my stomach, and said, "But I'm 4, and I'm up to here on you."

Part of the reason I've always with with pre-k and elementary instead of middle school is because middle schoolers are bigger than me!

I've always wanted to see a graph of teacher height versus grade taught to see whether it's true that preschool/kindergarten/first grade teachers are, on average, shorter than middle school teachers  :P

Nikko-chan

« Reply #802 on: May 22, 2013, 08:11:26 PM »

I've always wanted to see a graph of teacher height versus grade taught to see whether it's true that preschool/kindergarten/first grade teachers are, on average, shorter than middle school teachers  :P

Guess I'll be teaching Pre-K then... I'm actually shorter than norrina!

CakeEater

« Reply #803 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:49 PM »
Gosh, I'm 6 feet tall, so I'd better head to a university!

I think I'll stick with year sevens.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #804 on: May 22, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
It isn't just littles that say funny things.  Grandson #2 wanted me to listen to some of his music, and give him a "really honest opinion" about it.  I listened for a short time and then said, "My really, honest opinion?  It sounds like someone is screaming because the pot-and-pan factory just blew up."

And the teenager that I thought would holler "Grandma, it does not!" laughed and said "Good!  It's supposed to sound like that to old people."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #805 on: May 22, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »
Said by my 5 year old DS at a civil war reenactment: That's Abraham Lincoln!  I thought he was dead.

katiescarlett

« Reply #806 on: May 23, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »
So our vacation officially ended yesterday when I took my friend back to the station and in the week she was here we taught the littlest pirate some new words.  Her first night here we bought some Greek food from a little drive through place and as we sat around the dinner table, we taught him to say "OPA!", complete with throwing his arms up in the air.   He caught on quickly and for the next week he'd just say it whenever he was happy.  At first it sounded like "DADA!!!"  but now it's sounding more like "BABA!!!!!!"

I got a video of him saying it at an Irish restaurant/bar on the boardwalk, Shenanigans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8YlTi2qn6E

He is absolutely adorable!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #807 on: May 23, 2013, 06:41:12 AM »
Thank you!!  He is a cute li'l stinker and I think he knows it.  :) It tickled us that he was saying "OPA" in an Irish restaurant but no one minded! :) I think I need to teach him to say "Slainte" too! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #808 on: May 23, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »
My DD is 9 months old, so I don't have any "say" stories, but I do have a funny story about her.

I do Wii Fit at home because it's a good way to get up and moving without leaving the house.  When it doesn't overlap with her naptime, I let DD play around me while I exercise, and she usually has fun watching me dance for her amusement.

One of the things I do is the hula, where--as you might expect--I stand in place and swivel my hips like I'm using a hula hoop.  DD's favorite thing to do now is to grab my pant leg, pull her self up, and giggle like mad while holding on to me while I hula.  (I slow down a bit when she does this, of course.)  I've taken to calling it the baby rodeo.  :)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

crella

« Reply #809 on: May 23, 2013, 07:59:53 PM »
That's funny! Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJQME400TE