Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 186325 times)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #810 on: May 23, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
That's funny! Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJQME400TE

Adorable!  I could see DD doing that when she's a bit older.  :D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #811 on: May 24, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
DS will be 15 on Sunday. I normally make his cakes, but I am booked with school and we have Disney World plans this weekend, so I asked him if he wanted me to order him a cake from a wonderful deli & bakery here (TooJays).

DS: I guess the layer cake
Me: Chocolate Layer (official name)?
DS: Yes, the one with the mouse in between the layers.
Me: Mousse?
DS: No Mom, we say it as mouse!

So I am ordering the cake, and I am also going to find a chocolate mouse to put on the top. He also calls magnolia trees Mongolia trees and mincing is pronounced my-ncing. He is a trip, but the love of my life.

CakeBeret

« Reply #812 on: May 24, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
2 yo DD will not sit still to let me brush/fix her beautiful, curly hair.She will, however, sit for up to half an hour and let Daddy comb her hair. She loves wearing hairbows and headbands and admiring her "cute" reflection  :P

This afternoon, about an hour before DH is expected home from work, DD stomped up to me and started griping "where Daddy? Where he go. Daddy sit right here!"
So, I told her that Daddy is still at work, and he'll be home later. At which point DD had a diva level tantrum (divan tantrum as opposed to toddler tantrum) She started talking in a scoldy voice, not screaming/shrieking, but very stern and upset. She said, "Daddy sit here. He do mah hair. Mah coot, coot hair. Where Daddy go?" Then she melted down into a little puddle of despair and I heard a whisper "I want be cooot"

Of course, she still won't let me near her cute, cute hair  ::)

Aww, that is hilariously adorable.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #813 on: May 25, 2013, 05:30:01 AM »
tonight DD got into some very bright, neon food coloring. She is highlighter yellow and bright magenta. It's all over her face, arms and leg. When I came into the room and noticed what was going on, DD immediately threw the food coloring as far away from herself as her little 2yo arms could throw. Her faux innocence didn't convince me, so she was forced to take drastic measures. She ran up to Daddy and threw her little arms around him crying "Daddy, I pink! I no be pink. I want be cooot. You brush mah hair. Pweeese?" After her bath, she is still vibrantly pink. She got really upset and scolded Daddy (who got to bathe her since he was supposed to be watching her when she made the mess) "Hey. I pink! *sigh* Need soap Daddy."
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #814 on: May 26, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
Babybartfast and I were at a birthday party for one of her preschool classmates today - seven girls.  Babybartfast was the only one who wasn't decked out to the nines in a princess outfit (it's something about that age . . .) and the birthday party was at the butterfly house at the local botanical gardens.

So the girls finish eating and a whole group of them hid under the table.  I wandered over and pretended to be surprised when I saw them under there  :P  Babybartfast grumped at me, though: "Mom!  You're not supposed to look under here!  We're being Jedi!"

One of the dads looked at her, looked at me, and gave me a big thumbs-up.  "Is that one yours?  You're an awesome parent!"

(And yes, the girls did play princess-Jedi-butterflies under the table for a while!)

Cutenoob

« Reply #815 on: May 26, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »
Baby Noob (who's now three!) and I were in the car last week, doing some errands. He was saying something along the lines of "I want to go there and do that and those and this". I said, "No, we have to do this first. That's tough."
Next thing I heard was a sniffle and saw a pouty lip in the rear view mirror. Noob then said, "Mommy you hurt my feewings." It was hard to not chuckle.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #816 on: May 26, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
While on vacation my bff started singing "Strangers in the Night" to the babe and when she got to the "Doo be doo be doo" part, he sang "Doo dooo dododoooooooo!"  Then she started singing "My Way"  and as she sang "I did it my waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!" He sang "Waaaaaaaaaaay!!"

We joked that we're going to get this kid hooked on the Rat Pack.   Even now if someone sings "Doo be doo be dooo" he'll say "Doodeedoodeedoooooo!!!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #817 on: May 26, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
For accidental skin dyeing, you can use a little nail polish remover. I would recommend staying away from delicate skin and rinsing after use. YMMV

I dye myself all the time when I am tinting frosting for cake decorating.

lilfox

« Reply #818 on: May 29, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »
I'm 14 weeks pregnant and already showing, so we explained to DD a little while ago about the new baby growing inside me.  I wasn't even sure she'd get it but oh boy, she's very keen on the idea.  She keeps asking if the baby likes this or that item, food, sound, whatever.  It's cute... to a point.

At dinner a few days ago I decided to have a root beer.
DD: "Mama, what are you drinking? Can I try some?"
Me: "It's root beer, but you wouldn't like it, it's fizzy."
DD: "Ew.  The baby doesn't like it either.  You shouldn't drink it, the baby won't like it."

I'm guessing she'll be a very protective older sister.  And that I'm in for a lot of lectures...

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #819 on: May 30, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
I'm 14 weeks pregnant and already showing, so we explained to DD a little while ago about the new baby growing inside me.  I wasn't even sure she'd get it but oh boy, she's very keen on the idea.  She keeps asking if the baby likes this or that item, food, sound, whatever.  It's cute... to a point.

DD: "Ew.  The baby doesn't like it either.  You shouldn't drink it, the baby won't like it."

I'm guessing she'll be a very protective older sister.  And that I'm in for a lot of lectures...
She may think that because the baby is "in your tummy" that the food you eat just drops into the baby's mouth.   I know my older daughter said she thought that as a preschooler.  Don't remember if I was still pregnant when I explained to her that the baby grows in a "special kind of pocket called a uterus", not your actual stomach.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

mmswm

« Reply #820 on: May 30, 2013, 06:02:56 PM »
My "baby" turned 11 on Saturday. We had his party, including a cake on Friday.  Saturday morning he starts angling to have another birthday cake that night, since it was the actual day of his birthday.  I reminded him he had that the day before and he said that this year he deserved two cakes because 11 was a very special age.  I asked him why and he explained that 11 was a prime number comprised of repeating digits, and that it was the only age to meet that definition that a human was likely to be alive for, as the next number to meet it was 111 and most humans don't live that long.

He got a second birthday cake for sheer pluck.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #821 on: May 30, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »
Because I learned how to use the video feature on the camera, I present my daughter's extra-dorky giggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVgN76-RAhc

It's not always that dorky.  Sometimes she snorts at the end.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #822 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:29 PM »
^^^  OH!  She's adorable.  Nothing is sweeter or cuter than a baby's laughter!!

crella

« Reply #823 on: May 30, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »

She may think that because the baby is "in your tummy" that the food you eat just drops into the baby's mouth.   I know my older daughter said she thought that as a preschooler.  Don't remember if I was still pregnant when I explained to her that the baby grows in a "special kind of pocket called a uterus", not your actual stomach.

Yes! I bet that's what she thinks. My mother said I yelled at her for eating part of a sub, I told her not to eat big things because they'd hit the baby on the head (my little brother).

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #824 on: May 31, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »
My "baby" turned 11 on Saturday. We had his party, including a cake on Friday.  Saturday morning he starts angling to have another birthday cake that night, since it was the actual day of his birthday.  I reminded him he had that the day before and he said that this year he deserved two cakes because 11 was a very special age.  I asked him why and he explained that 11 was a prime number comprised of repeating digits, and that it was the only age to meet that definition that a human was likely to be alive for, as the next number to meet it was 111 and most humans don't live that long.

He got a second birthday cake for sheer pluck.

That kid is going to be trouble for someone some day. Sounds just like my DD! :-)