Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 215174 times)

cwm

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #855 on: June 27, 2013, 12:03:10 PM »
New one from the Sproglet. Sis is trying to teach her body parts. She can reliably identify nose, ears, teeth, toes, and eyes. We're working on knees and elbows.

Sis grabbed her hand yesterday and said "Sproglet, what's this called?"
Sproglet, in appropriate Sproglet fashion, "High five!"

lilfox

« Reply #856 on: June 27, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »
Well, I just wrote yesterday in the "it's not like it's work" thread that no one demands I craft for them when this happened:

I had a very late night last night and intended to sleep in, but heard my DD start wailing about something as DH was getting her ready for preschool.  So, I got out of bed to see what was happening.  It was minor (she's going through a sensitive stage), and as they were about to head out, I mentioned I'd be going back to bed.  Immediately, DD says, "No, you can't!  You woke up so you have to start your day.". I said I still needed to sleep and she said "no, you should stay awake and paint me something!"

Sure kid, I'll get right on that.   :P:)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #857 on: June 30, 2013, 02:08:33 AM »
Tonight 4yo DS was saying his prayers, which are typically adorable all by themselves. Tonight's prayer was a bit worrying for me though. He said "and thank you God that Mommy can have a new little baby"

Ummm, I sure hope he doesn't know something I don't!
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #858 on: June 30, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »
Tonight 4yo DS was saying his prayers, which are typically adorable all by themselves. Tonight's prayer was a bit worrying for me though. He said "and thank you God that Mommy can have a new little baby"

Ummm, I sure hope he doesn't know something I don't!

Babybartfast made a craft project in VBS - a clay heart on a paper plate.  She was supposed to say something she loved on there, so in the teacher's neat (and squished) handwriting underneath it was "I love God and mommy and [Bittybartfast] and that people can make more babies."

Me: "That's beautiful, Babybartfast!  What about daddy, though?"
BBF: "Oh, I wanted to put daddy on there, but the teacher said she didn't have any more room."
Me:  ::) :P

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #859 on: June 30, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »
This was a hilarious set of phone calls I had to make at the end of the year.

3 boys good friends all mixed race backgrounds 2 look African American the other is a towhead with fair skin and blue eyes.  In complete innocence they started calling themselves the Oreo triplets. I called their parents - who all burst out laughing but agreed that because of the racist way the term Oreo is used especially in the apartments were 2 of them live that they had to be gently told not use that term. Thankfully they took to the Three Musketeers right off. 
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #860 on: June 30, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
The previous story reminded me of a story a coworker told me about her own sons.

Her husband was in the service, I don't remember which branch, so they moved a lot when the kids were young. This happened mid 70's I believe. Her kids had befriended a young man who was around their age, and African American. This particular day, my coworker and the AA boys mom were visiting each other. The 3 boys ran into the house and into the bathroom. The moms followed them, because 3 boys in the bathroom at the same time can only be disasterous.

What they saw was all the boys scrubbing the arms of the one with darker skin. My CW asks what they are doing.

Her sons say they are trying to scrub the darker skinned boy so he is lighter. My CW was mortified, but the AA mother started laughing, which helped the situation a whole lot.

There was then a discussion, involving all 3 boys about the differences of people.

cwm

« Reply #861 on: July 03, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
Sproglet didn't SAY anything funny today, but that kid is too smart for her own good.

18 months old and she knows the PS3 controller controls the TV. We usually let her watch My Little Ponies or Justice League on Netflix. She knows when the screen asks if you're still watching the show to bring the controller to an adult so they can get it going again.

Today the screen went to that, and it was that way for a bit while she played. I was getting her ready to go to the park, and then checking on sis (who has a stomach bug, ick) and when I came back out to get Sproglet's shoes on, Avengers was on. Kid had taken the controller and found it on Netflix. I couldn't even be mad, because that's one of sis's favorite movies. I didn't even know it was on Netflix yet.

Yeah, Sproglet is my hero now.

CakeBeret

« Reply #862 on: July 03, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »
Yesterday I was at my mom's house, and Son, age 3, was home with his dad.

My mom's phone rang and she answered it. It was Son, who immediately launched into a litany of "I can't find my journey! Where's my journey, Gramma? I need my journey."

After she stopped laughing, Mom handed the phone to me, telling me that she had no idea what Son was asking for. I talked to Son and he kept going on about finding his journey.

Finally I got him to put Mr Cake on the line, who laughingly explained that son is looking for his soccer jersey.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #863 on: July 03, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »
My dad was explaining Locks of Love to my girls for some reason, and Jenny, the 4-year-old, asked him if he was going to donate his hair.  While he was trying to think of an answer (he's gray and very balding), Emily, the 6-year-old, said, "It looks like you already donated yours, Grandpap!"

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #864 on: July 15, 2013, 01:16:44 AM »
Bagman loves to tell this story on his younger daughter (now 28). She used to wear a pacifier on a ribbon. One day at daycare, a new teacher commented, "Oh, I see you have your binky with you!"

She: "It's NOT a binky. It's. A. Pacifier!"

Flash forward to today. Bagman's granddaughter (older daughter's child, age 3) got her hands on my pennywhistle. A friend of ours who also plays one refers to her pennywhistle as a "squeaky stick."

Me: "Oh, I see you've found my squeaky stick!"
Granddaughter: "It's not a squeaky stick. It's a whistle!"
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

CakeBeret

« Reply #865 on: July 18, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
I have to share a cute story from my son. He's out of town and I miss him terribly :)

Sometimes Son comes in to sleep with DH and I at night. One night, he was asleep in our bed when he woke up and said he had to go get Fred, his favorite lovie. He came back with an armful of stuffed animals. As he climbed into bed, he handed me one and said, "Here Mama, I brought Bunny for you." I then hear him shake my husband awake saying, "Here Daddy, I brought you a bear." He then curled up with Fred and fell right back asleep. I almost died right there from cuteness overload.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #866 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:25 AM »
Random grocery store event:

A little boy, probably in the area of 3 or 4, walked up to me and announced my breasts were larger than his mommy's and I was pretty, turned and walked back to his grandmother.  Poor woman looked mortified, apologised and told me that he was at that age were he was fascinated by body parts.

I kind of thought it was hysterical.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #867 on: July 19, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »
I was playing school with my younger niece (5) yesterday, and we were discussing what classes the school could have. I suggested science class. Niece looked at me, thinking hard, then said, in all seriousness: "But scientists aren't real!"

:o ;D

After I stifled my laughter, I did tell her that there are, in fact, lots of scientists, including a bunch of my girlfriends, and we talked about their jobs.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:38:28 AM by Seraphia »
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #868 on: July 19, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »

A little boy, probably in the area of 3 or 4, walked up to me and announced my breasts were larger than his mommy's and I was pretty, turned and walked back to his grandmother.  Poor woman looked mortified, apologised and told me that he was at that age were he was fascinated by body parts.

What woman doesn't appreciate being told that she looks pretty and has a nice rack?   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #869 on: July 19, 2013, 10:55:29 AM »

What woman doesn't appreciate being told that she looks pretty and has a nice rack?   ;D

I have a nice rack, and I am also round, and working in a grocery store, I get this occasioinally, but nothing will mortify a parent more than if a child asks a "round" lady if she is going to have a baby.