Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 202757 times)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #960 on: November 01, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »
I'm sorry, I kind of feel like I'm spamming this post, but my kids keep cracking me up. I promise I'll take a break after I share these 2 zoo stories  >:D

2yo DD is potty training at the moment, and I usually put her in a diaper when we go to the zoo because there are long stretches between bathrooms. Today she stayed dry all day! We also saw lots of fun animals, had snacks, played at the playground, and petted goats at the petting zoo. Towards the end of the day, we were chatting with one of the keepers who asked DD what her favorite part of the day was. She answered, "I go poopy in the toilet, and Mommy maked it go way. And I say 'bye bye yucky poop.'"

5yo DS really enjoyed seeing the zebras today. There are a daddy zebra, 2 mommy zebras, and 2 baby zebras at our zoo. One of the baby zebras is quite obviously a boy zebra. I made a general comment about the boy zebra, and mentioned that he was a he. DS said, very loudly (of course. They're never quiet when they say things like this ::) ) "Mommy, I know he's a boy because I can see his big, black p*nis. How come he's just a baby but he has such a big p*nis?" I'll let you imagine the conversation that followed between him and the little girl who was shocked and outraged at DS's use of a "naughty word" and DS's firm protestations that it's the right word, and not naughty, and he should know because he has one and she doesn't...Suffice it to say, we hurried off to see the flamingos

Sis has run into correct info/names is naughty or in one case evil.

Oldest Niece 8 or 9 and group of kid having a conversation. Babies come up. Boy being raised in a very fundamentalists home - God makes a man fall in love with a woman, they get married, and God gives them a baby.

ON - NO! My parents were never married.

Boy No they have to be married or god won't give them a baby. (Boy thinks sis is ON mother ON corrects him on that)

Couple more rounds. Niece what are you 5 they Played scrabble and had me.

Boy's Mom wanted ON, Sis, and BIL excluded from group some people are friends from Pre-K guess who got excluded. (Not Sis and BIL)

A couple of other times. Loren or Brett have used correct terms - and an Adult scolded them and told Sis or BIL they had used naughty terms. The adult is coolly informed that using correct terms means they can accurately describe any illness or injury.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

crella

« Reply #961 on: November 02, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
2.5yo DD really, really, reeaaaaaallllllly wants a baby sister. She started by asking me, and then DH, and then she brought out the big guns and started praying for a baby sister. It's really cute, and kind of funny. She finally started to ease off on the Baby Sister talk, and I thought she was done with it, until today. It was naptime and she was saying her prayers, with help from me.

DD ""an please bess Mommy have baby"
me: "bless us to have a good day"
DD: "an please bess Mommy have baby"
me: "bless Courtney to have a good nap"
DD: "an please bess Mommy have baby"
me: "in the name of Jesus, Christ...."
DD: "an we need baby! 'men"

Hahahahahaaha! Just precious!

CakeEater

« Reply #962 on: November 03, 2013, 05:07:18 AM »
What a tolerant cat! :D

I was shopping with the 2 year old Baby Budgie the other day, him sitting in the seat of the trolley while I piled the groceries in behind him. We'd just about done and I was checking my list to make sure I'd gotten everything on it.
Me: "Hmmm... cheese, yes, bread, yes, yogurt, yes, milk, yes..."
Him: "NO! No sheez! No bed! No nogut! No muk!"
Me: "... how do you feel about strawberries?"
Him: "No bobbobewwies!"
Me: "Tomatoes?"
Him: "NO MAKAKOES!! NO!"

I got them anyway.
(It'll be a sad day when he can pronounce 'tomatoes' and 'strawberries' correctly.)

My DD has some speech issues, so it was important that I pronounce things correctly for her. But it was really, really hard to not repeat her cute ways of saying things incorrectly.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #963 on: November 03, 2013, 07:11:31 AM »
Piratebabe turns 2 on the 7th but as my brother and his girlfriend were visiting yesterday we had a small celebration of it beforehand.  My middle child (11) had made cupcakes (and did a fine job of it) so we'd stuck a "2" candle in one of them and started singing "Happy Birthday' which he started singing along with. 

Then it comes time to blow out the candles and bless him, he tried but instead of blowing down onto the candle he was blowing up and just ruffling his hair in the process.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

crella

« Reply #964 on: November 03, 2013, 07:26:15 AM »
That's so cute!

123sandy

« Reply #965 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »
A couple of years ago, my youngest was about 10 at the time, I was having a lot of stomach problems and had diagnosed myself as lactose intolerant.

I was telling my kids I couldn't eat certain things anymore because of lactose intolerance, and when asked what it was just said things with milk in them.

A little while later the youngest asks if that means I can't eat beef anymore. Confused, I asked why he thought that. "Well" came the reply "cows have milk in them"...  ;D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #966 on: November 03, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »
A couple of years ago, my youngest was about 10 at the time, I was having a lot of stomach problems and had diagnosed myself as lactose intolerant.

I was telling my kids I couldn't eat certain things anymore because of lactose intolerance, and when asked what it was just said things with milk in them.

A little while later the youngest asks if that means I can't eat beef anymore. Confused, I asked why he thought that. "Well" came the reply "cows have milk in them"...  ;D

Where's the "like" button?   ;D

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #967 on: November 03, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
When she was 2 Loren kept telling people that mommy was pregnant with a brother. Sis kept telling her no Aunt D (father's side) was pregnant with a boy. This went on for a couple of weeks, with an embarrassed sis telling people she wasn't expecting. Then you guessed it - she had to tell people surprise she was expecting.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #968 on: November 03, 2013, 08:33:19 PM »
My kids will have these adorable little conversations in front of me, where they'll discuss how they'd really love to have a new little baby sibling, and wouldn't it be nice to be a family with 5 kids, and maybe this time it could be a boy so he could be the prince, or the father when they play house?  And how they'll share the LEGOs...

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #969 on: November 03, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »
My kids will have these adorable little conversations in front of me, where they'll discuss how they'd really love to have a new little baby sibling, and wouldn't it be nice to be a family with 5 kids, and maybe this time it could be a boy so he could be the prince, or the father when they play house?  And how they'll share the LEGOs...

Last night it was rather funny, and I don't quite remember what the older two boys were arguing about but for that it was one of those times that either they were both wrong or both right, but arguing because they were sure their way was better.

Anyway, the funny part was that the almost 2 year old was in his port-a-crib doing a face palm and head shake like he was thinking "Really? They're acting like that and I'm the one in time-out?"

And today...well, I know I'm biased but all 3 of our boys are pretty good looking kids and as toddlers the older two had no problem turning on the charm with females of all ages.  The youngest is definitely following in their footsteps and as one woman at our church joked "Well, we know which side of the plate he swings from!"  He was going around giving hugs and kisses to girls of all ages who were giving him attention, from the 3 year old having a snack with him in the hall to the high school girls. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

shygirl

« Reply #970 on: November 04, 2013, 07:54:40 AM »

I was shopping with the 2 year old Baby Budgie the other day, him sitting in the seat of the trolley while I piled the groceries in behind him. We'd just about done and I was checking my list to make sure I'd gotten everything on it.

I got them anyway.
(It'll be a sad day when he can pronounce 'tomatoes' and 'strawberries' correctly.)

My DD has some speech issues, so it was important that I pronounce things correctly for her. But it was really, really hard to not repeat her cute ways of saying things incorrectly.

I also think it's important to pronounce things correctly to model it for my son.  But, I just can't get over how cute it is when he tries to say "elephant".  He says "efelant" instead. 

So, that's the one word I haven't yet told him the correct pronounciation.  As far as I'm concerned, those huge grey animals are efelants.

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #971 on: November 04, 2013, 08:03:11 AM »

I got them anyway.

I also think it's important to pronounce things correctly to model it for my son.  But, I just can't get over how cute it is when he tries to say "elephant".  He says "efelant" instead. 

So, that's the one word I haven't yet told him the correct pronounciation.  As far as I'm concerned, those huge grey animals are efelants.

My oldest (6) was learning the books of the Bible for an activity called AWANA.  I found this really catchy song we had on a CD that teaches the books.  It really is catchy.  So catchy that my 5-year-old knows them now, and the 3-year-old knows... well, most of them.  If you haven't heard a 3-year-old attempt to pronounce words like "Thessalonians," you haven't lived.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #972 on: November 04, 2013, 08:09:41 AM »

I got them anyway.

My oldest (6) was learning the books of the Bible for an activity called AWANA.  I found this really catchy song we had on a CD that teaches the books.  It really is catchy.  So catchy that my 5-year-old knows them now, and the 3-year-old knows... well, most of them.  If you haven't heard a 3-year-old attempt to pronounce words like "Thessalonians," you haven't lived.

Awww! Cuuute! Also MommyPenguin I noticed that three of your little cartoon things say that your Children all have birthdays today. That's adorable that they were all born on the same day, and happy birthday to them!

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #973 on: November 04, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »
So funny that you say that, because somebody else just pointed that out to me the other day and I was just working on fixing that as you typed.  They don't actually have birthdays all on the same day, just within 2 months (two of them are a few weeks apart) and lilypie doesn't automatically switch kids to the next year's timeline, you have to do it yourself.  I just hadn't gotten around to fixing the two that already happened, and now we just finished with one kid's party yesterday!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #974 on: November 15, 2013, 09:22:32 PM »
My 2 year old likes to play up "injuries" by saying "Owww!" in the most pitiable of tones.  I know he's putting it on, but all the same I offer to kiss his booboos when he tells me where they are.

Yesterday he held his wrist in his hand and said "Owww!" so I say "Aww, you poor thing, want mama to kiss it?" He thought about it and then shook his head, saying "Ewwwww!" LOL!