Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 208679 times)

jayhawk

• my organizing website
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1020 on: December 19, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, if so, i apologize, but I hope you all follow Reasons My Son is Crying on Facebook.

http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/

crella

« Reply #1021 on: December 19, 2013, 07:23:04 PM »
My granddaughter is now 2 1/2, and her baby brother was born on November 10th. She is ecstatic about having a brother. DIL and the baby came home after about 4 days...they like to establish breastfeeding as much as possible so the hospital stay is a bit longer than in some other countries.

The first evening the baby was in the house, Granddaughter was dancing in front of the mirror, and she looked over at the baby, made a hand gesture and said, "C'mon over here, let's dance together!'. We explained that Baby can't dance yet...look of surprise.....she picks up a couple of toys, goes over to him and says, 'Ok then, sit up and I'll give you these!'

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1022 on: December 19, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
Or when they go boneless.  It would be funny if it wasn't so inconvenient, really.  One minute they're walking along but as soon as you touch them to redirect them away from something off limits or towards something they're supposed to be doing, it's like every last bone melts and they can no longer move...until you let them lay on the ground and then they bound up...thinking they've won..
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #1023 on: December 20, 2013, 12:27:54 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, if so, i apologize, but I hope you all follow Reasons My Son is Crying on Facebook.

I love this and will be buying the book if/when Husband and I get preggo.  Hysterical!!   ;D ;D

Pen^2

« Reply #1024 on: December 20, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »

Oh my goodness this is fantastic! My husband can't work out why I'm laughing so much.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1025 on: December 20, 2013, 04:31:45 PM »
Awww! I love the little one who thought he'd turn into the Hulk if he painted himself green!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1026 on: December 20, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »
I was half-tempted to take a picture of my baby/toddler today.  I was trying to change her shirt, and had to take the little toys out of her hands so I could get her hands through sleeves.  It was comical how she'd be happy, I'd take the toy and she'd cry, I'd get her hand through her sleeve and hand her back the toy, then I'd take the toy from her other hand, she'd cry, I'd get that hand through the sleeve, happy... I didn't feel like going off to get the camera in the middle of the clothing change, though, considering how fast she is.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1027 on: December 20, 2013, 09:33:16 PM »
Two weeks ago my 2 year old started to kind of sing a tune.  We'd been out and he just started singing "Doo doo dee doo doo doo doo..." and I recognized the melody rather quickly...he was trying to sing the Harry Potter theme and doing a fair job of it too, for a two year old.

cwm

« Reply #1028 on: December 23, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »
I was half-tempted to take a picture of my baby/toddler today.  I was trying to change her shirt, and had to take the little toys out of her hands so I could get her hands through sleeves.  It was comical how she'd be happy, I'd take the toy and she'd cry, I'd get her hand through her sleeve and hand her back the toy, then I'd take the toy from her other hand, she'd cry, I'd get that hand through the sleeve, happy... I didn't feel like going off to get the camera in the middle of the clothing change, though, considering how fast she is.

Luckily one of the first things Sproglet learned was switch hands. She knows when it's time to get dressed she can have one toy but has to set the second one down, and she has to switch hands when told so we can get her all the way dressed/undressed. But she's good enough that she does it without prompting now, too.

As a follow-up from the "Door" story from a few weeks ago, last week my mom was over with Sis and Sproglet. She was getting ready to go home and said "Okay, Sproglet, say bye bye to grandma."

Sproglet looked at her, pointed at the door, and said "You go home now, grandma." She went back to her playing and refused to actually say bye bye or blow kisses.

turtleIScream

« Reply #1029 on: December 23, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »
When my son was really little (1-2), he wore those very form fitting PJs that have cuffs the size of my wedding ring. Invariably, he would spread his fingers into jazz hands every time I tried to out those darn PJs on him, and get his poor little fingers caught. But, when I tried to put gloves on him, he would ball his hands into fists. Basically, his hands would do the exact opposite action I needed him to do to get dressed easily. So, I started saying "pajama hands!" and making exaggerated jazz hands any time I needed to get gloves on him. Even though he wears loose fitting PJs now, we still say "pajama hands!" when getting dressed to go outside.

My son is now 4. Yesterday, we were playing "name that emotion". I would make a face or gesture, and he would have to identify what emotion I was feeling. So, smile means happy, furrowed brow means confused, etc. For this turn, I smiled broadly, opened my eyes wide, and threw my hands in the air (excited), and he yelled out "pajama hands!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1030 on: December 24, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »
Our church hall is set up with a tree on a table in one corner and a sturdy wooden nativity on the table.  No actual stable, just the main characters and they're carved kind of in the Willow Tree style in that you can tell who they're supposed to be despite the lack of faces.

Well we were up at the church yesterday since the oldest pirate had choir rehearsal and my little guy was intrigued by the animals in the nativity and no matter how much another mother and I kept trying to tell him that sheep say "Ba-a-a-a-a" he kept saying "Mooooo!" for both the cow and the sheep so we gave up. :)

He had a good deal of energy last night and was running all over the place, including into the foyer and onto the stage, then out into the hall, into the kitchen, foyer and hall again.   S asked him, while laughing "L, what ARE you doing?" He paused for a moment, looked around and then shrugged, saying "I nono!" (I don't know!") then took off again.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #1031 on: December 24, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »
Well we were up at the church yesterday since the oldest pirate had choir rehearsal and my little guy was intrigued by the animals in the nativity and no matter how much another mother and I kept trying to tell him that sheep say "Ba-a-a-a-a" he kept saying "Mooooo!" for both the cow and the sheep so we gave up. :)

What is it about "Moo"?  My daughter is learning animal sounds, too, and while she's pretty good on some of them, whenever we ask her one she's not sure of she defaults to "Moo!"  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

cwm

« Reply #1032 on: December 24, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »

What is it about "Moo"?  My daughter is learning animal sounds, too, and while she's pretty good on some of them, whenever we ask her one she's not sure of she defaults to "Moo!"  ;D

So does my niece!

Actually, it's funny, the new books we got her have a goat and a sheep. She can't tell the difference, and they both make the same noise (according to mommy), so when we show her a picture, she'll say "Goeep" and mash the two together.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1033 on: December 25, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
Last night the church had their Christmas Eve nativity pageant starring only children which of course is going to make for some interesting moments when they involve children of all ages. 

My youngest was a shepherd again this year and as we were getting everyone ready he was busy playing with the Little People nativity set one woman had brought to keep the youngest cast members occupied.  Piratebabe became very fascinated with the baby Jesus from this set.  He kept holding it out and telling everyone "Baby! Baby! Wlook, baby!" 

He got even more excited during the actual pageant.  He went right to the little wooden cradle with the baby doll representing Baby Jesus, looked in and started saying "BABY!! BABY!! IT DA BABY!! BABY BABY BABY!!!" 

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #1034 on: December 29, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »
One on me, when I was 3 or so (my mother told me this when I was older.)

We'd walked to the grocery store and Mom was putting the cart away when I saw a word and wanted to impress on her how well I could read. So I chose the first word I saw on the wall and said, loudly, "Look, Mommy! F U [worst possible two letters to follow FU]! That spells [Bad word]!"

Mom told me she tried to decide whether she could just say, "Not my kid," and walk off, but figured it would be too much trouble.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts